- 2.5 years of proven IT experience as Database Developer and Administrator in MS - SQL server DBA and 1 year of data security analyst admin.
- Expertise in Database Administration and Development support of MS SQL Server 2016, 2014, 2012, 2008R2, 2005. Maintaining and performing day to day activities on various environments including production, Development and Test.
- Highly experienced in installing, upgrading, patches, configuring and administering SQL Server 2012/2008 R2/2005/2000 on various operating servers and other VM Ware Servers including clustered and Non-Clustered Environment.
- 24/7 On call support for production databases.
- Data loading/replication using SQL Loader, Distributed/ Replicated Databases, planning/ implementing backup/ recovery strategies and Performance tuning.
- Extensive knowledge in architecting, designing and administrating in multi node clustering with Active/Active, Active/Passive Architecture.
- Experience in configuring and maintaining database mirroring and snapshots.
- Proficient with Business Intelligence in MS SQL Server 2005/2008R2 in SQL Server Reporting Services, SQL Server Analysis Services and SQL Server Integration Services
- Environment refreshes/build using Data Export/Import & Data pump utilities for business delivery teams, backup/restore strategy using RMAN utility
- Worked with AWS and Redshift to Anlyze the datasets using BI tools.
- Perform Incremental backups daily and Full level 0 weekly using RMAN
- Expert in Database Design activities including Data Files and File group organization, Capacity Planning, Data partitioning and Data Normalization
- SQL Server Installation, patch application, migration of data across different databases and different servers.
- Performing DR drills on SQL Server Log shipping database (Failover).
- Expert in automating the system by using SCOM and creating alerts, jobs, schedule and maintenance plans.
- Very good expertise with Confidential Web Services (AWS), EC2, RDS, AWS Glue.
- Strong in creating, monitoring and optimizing the performance of the Queries and Indexes using SQL Server Profiler, Database Engine Tuning Advisor, Performance Monitor and DBCC commands and Dynamic Management Views.
- Experience in AWS using EC2, AWS Dynamo DB, and AWS S3, AWS VPC, and IAM Roles and KMS services
- Excellent in deploying the applications in AWS as EC2 instances and create snapshots for the data that have to be stored in AWS S3.
- Experience in Monitoring Databases for Deadlock, capturing long running SQL queries, used HINTS for fine tuning SQL statements that better result in efficient SQL statements processing.
- Monitored Full/Incremental/Daily Loads and support all scheduled ETL jobs for batch processing.
- Experienced in Database development using T-SQL and PL/SQL in writing Stored Procedures, Functions, Indexes, Views and Triggers in SQL Server and Oracle.
- Expert in data transformation services and Bulk Loads with SSIS and Bulk Insert ETL operations.
- Creation of new databases, planning the location of data and Transaction log files on disks.
- Microsoft Certified IT professional SQL Server Database Administrator.
Operating Systems: Windows 2012, 2008, 2003, 2000, XP, Linux, Unix, Ubuntu
Databases: MS SQL Server 2016/2014/2012/ 2008 R2/2005/2000, Oracle, MYSQL
ETL TOOLS: SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS), Data Integrator, SCOM, Data transformation services (DTS)
Database Tools: SQL profiler, SQL Query Analyzer, Index Analyzer, DTS, SQL Server Management Studio, SCM, SAC, TOAD
Data Modeling Tools: SQL Lite speed, Fog lite, Redshift, Backup Utility, MS Visio, NetApp, Azure, AWS, Service Now, ERWIN
TSQL, XML, HTML, UNIX, shell: scripting
Network Topologies: Microsoft Office Suite
Cloud Computing: Confidential Web Services
Data security Specialist - Admin
- Worked on Requirements gathering, Analysis, design, Development, Testing and support following the SDLC and prepared TDDs, HLDs and LLDs.
- Overall Project Management, Agile Methodology, project lifecycle execution, Project Planning and providing Solutions on SOA (Service oriented Architecture) which provides service to various Mobile/Device driven web components and communication systems.
- Preparing and loading large amounts of Data to Data Stores using AWS Glue.
- Extensively worked on DB Analytics and Strategy management for e-commerce applications and generated spreadsheets and analytic reports.
- Worked on implementation plans for internal control and risk management and produced Analysis business documentation after identifying areas of risk and enhanced workflow process.
- Supported business development strategies, including evaluating and modeling potential acquisition targets.
- Involved in test storage strategies and disaster-recovery plan for Confidential ’s operational database, delivering solution that guaranteed recovery performance and high availability.
- Provided customer assistance and support pertaining to database system queries and complaints.
Environment: Confidential RDS Environment, EC2, RHEL7, AWS Glue, TOAD, Export/Import, Datapump.
SQL Server Database Administrator
- Worked as a Database Developer and Administrator.
- Installed and configured SQL Servers 2008 /R2/2012, SSIS, SSRS and SSAS.
- Upgraded SQL Server 2008 to SQL server 2012.
- Applied service packs and patches on SQL Server versions 2008 /R2/2012.
- Identified T-SQL quires and locking issues using dmvs, activity monitor and SQL Trace tools.
- Created Databases, tables, stored procedures, triggers and views using T-SQL.
- Migrated Databases from SQL server 2008 to SQL server 2012 using Backup-restore.
- Created logins and users, minimize sysadmin privileges for ensuring data security.
- Involved in Designing and Partitioning of tables as part of performance tuning.
- Evaluating CPU, Disk I/O and Memory related bottlenecks, blocking and deadlocks using Perfmon (Performance monitor) and Idera diagnostic manager.
- Imported data from excel and flat file to SQL server using SSIS package and import/export.
- Rebuild indexes and tuning Stored Procedures to maximize performance of T-SQL quires.
- Performed Database Backup and Automation Restore.
- Automate SQL Server Agent Jobs and Database maintenance tasks such as Index management, Database Integrity check (DBCC) and History Cleanup Task.
- Configured, monitored and troubleshoot Transactional Replication, log shipping and mirroring on critical Databases issues.
- Fine tuning of slow running T-SQL queries using Execution Plan and Database tuning advisor.
- Configured network settings and service accounts for mirroring and log shipping.
- Provided 24 X 7 dedicated supports for Development, testing and Production MS SQL Servers rotational on-call responsibilities.
Environment: SQL Server 2008/2008R2/2012, SSIS,SSRS,T-SQL, OLAP, OLTP, Window Server 2008R2, Idera, Visual Studio 2010, SQL Profiler, Database Engine Tuning Advisor, Export and Import.