Solutions-oriented PowerBuilder Developer with extensive experience in designing, implementing, and maintaining applications critical to business operations, including professional services automation and resource management. Able to work alone or as a team player with a reputation for finding innovative solutions while freely sharing domain knowledge for the benefit of the entire team.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
Project Resource Management
Client / Server Architecture
Database Design and Administration
Professional Services Automation
Documentation and User Support
TECHNICAL PROFICIENCY HIGHLIGHTS
Microsoft SQL Server
IBM Rational Rose
ORACLE Project Resource Management
PRODUCTS / PATENTS / AWARDS
- PowerFilter: A powerful, easy-to-implement datawindow component that provides report filtering similar to Excel 2007 filtering. Used in 51 countries. confidential
- U.S. Patent 6,049,776, Human Resource Management System for Staffing Projects , Joseph S. Donnelly, Morris G. Robinson, James R. Reese, issued
- Prestigious Eagle Award winner, In recognition of outstanding contributions to Unisys Information Services
- Nine Achievement Awards for Excellence, In Appreciation of an Outstanding Contribution to Unisys
- Maintain and enhance the Diamond Health Claims Adjudication System using PowerBuilder 11.5, Oracle PL/SQL, and Oracle 10g.
- Resolved multiple support tickets, identifying root cause, documenting and developing solutions.
Senior Software Engineer
- Perform analysis, programming, testing, and support functions in the development and implementation of the Patient Information Management System PIMS , an enterprise software system used to manage all aspects of operations including call center support, shipping, inventory, and accounting. Developed using PowerBuilder 11.2 with PFC and Oracle 10g.
- Developed new Accounts Receivable Management queue to increase productivity in AR collections, denial management and automation of payment posting.
- Developed new Order Validation Matrix user interface to streamline the process used to verify that all necessary documentation is in place and procedures are followed prior to shipping an order.
- Resolved over 30 support tickets on a variety of issues, focusing on Patient Setup and Maintenance.
Senior Systems Analyst
- Technical Project Lead and co-inventor of Resource Management System RMS , a patented PowerBuilder PFC-based client/server application. RMS provided the resource information that Managers needed to staff engagements. Also served as Subject Matter Expert for Professional Services Automation PSA project.
- Integrated resource skill, time, and project data from 3 disparate systems, RMS was the one tool that could provide resource planning and reporting for all employees and projects corporate-wide.
- Created Gantt-style Schedule Planner by integrating 3rd party ActiveX control, allowed Managers to plan and schedule employees at any level, from a year at a time or minute by minute with drag-and-drop simplicity. Provided synchronized display and update between ActiveX chart control and two datawindows displaying resource and activity details.
- Designed and developed high-performance full-text Resume Search, managed 15,000 resume database. Enabled Managers to identify qualified employees for project assignment based on resume content.
- Enhanced employee performance review process, developed evaluation tool that combined actual performance measures with planned activity for remainder of the year, automated the data-gathering process, replaced laborious, error-prone manual email and spreadsheet consolidation. Utilized OLE for document creation and uploading results back to database.
- Developed Employee Dashboard to provide a comprehensive view of information for an organization, color coded to highlight performance, with drill down for further detail.
- Designed integrated Case Management tool, allowed users to submit new feature requests and bug reports.
- Implemented context-sensitive online help system, eliminated need for specialized end user training sessions.
- Defined user requirements, functional design specifications, Use Case Models, and Collaboration Diagrams.
- Designed application interfaces, performance evaluation scripts, table population scripts using Transact-SQL stored procedures and Data Transformation Services DTS .
- Identified and resolved defects in vendor application, often providing replacement solution code.
- Developed, maintained and enhanced stored procedures in both ORACLE PL/SQL and Transact-SQL.
- Joined RMS development team to design data flows into RMS, assumed Technical Project Leader role.
- Expanded RMS from Southern Region application to World-wide use, integrated information from multiple applications and reports. Provided global ability to identify and assign qualified personnel to projects.
- Created Requirement and Availability Planning Tool to Outlook Resources RAPTOR workforce planning tool.
- Developed Appraisal Pro Forma report a composite report providing a comprehensive view of employee's skills, training, certifications, chargeability, project history, schedule, and resume, to aid performance reviews.
- Creatively used Datawindows to simulate Lotus Notes style button menu and XP style ListBar.
- Migrated data flow processes from legacy MAPPER applications to PeopleSoft HRMS, using PowerBuilder pipeline objects.
- Provided on-site custom MAPPER application design and development to Unisys clients and projects.
- Lead developer for the Unisys Technical Assistance Processing System. Integrated personnel requests, funding approval, purchase order and invoice processing. Reduced time and costs by replacing manual procedures.
- Co-authored project scope and functional design for Connecticut Automated Mental Retardation Information System CAMRIS . Developed on-line help system, global data dictionary, and various system support utilities.
- Developed equipment service request tracking system for Customer Services, class and attendance tracking system for Education and Training department, Westchester County, NY.
- Migrated Westchester Community College Student Registration from batch IMS to real-time MAPPER system. Responsible for most of development consulted on overall design. Created Conflict Resolution module that identified conflicts and provided real-time alternatives dramatically reduced subsequent add / drop requests.
- Designed database and developed Pride in Work welfare system including complete case history audit trail for Westchester County DSS. Reduced welfare roles, restored clients as productive members of society.
- Developed interactive data input and displays, replaced batch paper reports for World Vision Financial Systems.
- Developed automated maintenance scheduling and tracking system for Goddard Space Flight Center.
3D-VE Infrastructure Modeling
Fast Track to PowerBuilder
Intro, Intermed. Advanced Java
Principles of Use-Case Modeling
Mastering Iterative Development
Advanced PowerBuilder Techniques
PFC Programming Techniques
Principles of Rational Unified Process
Intro to Business Architecture