- Result Driven SQL Server DBA over 5 years of Database Administration and IT experience with an In-depth understanding of SQL Server administration, design, development, and implementation.
- Experience in installing and configuring SQL Server 2012/2008R2/2005 in standalone and cluster servers with Active/Passive and Active/Active cluster setup.
- Experience in upgrading SQL Server2000/2005 to SQL Server2008/2008R2 and 2012 using side by side migration and upgrade methodology and converted DTS packages into SSIS packages using upgrade advisor tool.
- Setup and perform database refresh from Production to UAT and Development Servers.
- Expertise in SQL Server 2005/2008/2008R2/2012 Enterprise Edition and features such as online indexing, database snapshot, backup compressions and others.
- Experience with SQL Server Enterprise Manager, SQL Query Analyzer, SQL Server Management Studio, SQL Server Configuration Manager, Business Intelligence Development Studio, SQL Server Profiler and Database Engine Tuning Advisor.
- Designing and scheduling jobs using SQL Server Agent and Database Maintenance Plans, configuring Database Mail, Operators and alerts.
- Hands on experience in administering large databases and provide recommendation on database design, normalization and demoralization procedures.
- Configured and managed Clustering, Replication, Mirroring and Log Shipping for disaster recovery and high availability solutions.
- Design and configured Indexes, Table Partition and Full-Text Indexing features to improve database performance.
- Experienced in creating, monitoring and managing indexes to avoid fragmentation and setting up maintenance tasks such as update statistics, reorganize and rebuild indexes.
- Experience in Performance Tuning, Query Optimization, Database consistency checks using DBCC Utilities, Profiler, and Database Tuning Advisor.
- Experience in diagnosing and tuning servers for optimal performance using Dynamic Management Views DMV and Dynamic Management Function DMF and resolving locking, deadlocks and blocking issues.
- Extensive experience in backup strategy, recovery plans and disaster recovery.
- Experience using Windows tools such as performance monitor and event viewer in order to monitor Hardware I/O Operations.
- Designed and implemented policies and procedures for ensuring the security and integrity of databases and servers.
- Creating database users and auditing user's access to SQL Server in order to make sure the right people have the right access to the databases and database objects.
- Automate and enhance daily administrative tasks, including space management, access issues, object alteration, script migration, database refresh and performance monitoring.
- Worked as a team member and involved in 24X7 on call rotation for production support
Title SQL Server DBA
Description- Cerner Corporation designs, develops, markets, installs, hosts, and supports healthcare information technology, healthcare devices, hardware, and content solutions for healthcare organizations and consumers worldwide.
- Installation, Configuration, Migration and Upgrade of SQL Server in standalone and clustered production environments.
- Creating new databases, modifying existing database structure as necessary based on the information provided by the application owners/developers and creating report to meet business needs.
- Planning, designing and implementing disaster recovery mechanisms and participated in disaster recovery drills for various environments.
- Implemented Failover clustering for Active/Active and Active/Passive clusters and configured database mirroring on SQL Server 2008R2 environments.
- Configured snapshot and transactional replication for data refresh and reports.
- Resolving performance issues and optimization of databases using Performance Tools such as SQL Profiler and Database Engine Tuning Advisor.
- Implemented SQL server security best practices and transparent data encryption TDE .
- Created maintenance plans and maintenance jobs to improve query performance.
- Applying Performance monitoring, Database Tuning and Query Optimization in a Client/Server architecture and perform Database Consistency Checks DBCC regularly.
- Responsible for data migration between SQL Server, Excel and Flat files to Microsoft SQL Server databases using BCP and SSIS services for Data Extraction, Transformation and Loading purposes.
- Migrated databases from SQL Server 2005 to SQL Server 2008R2/2012 versions.
- Monitored real time database events using Change Data Capture tool and logging the reports into central server.
- Applied the new features of SQL Server 2012 such as data compressions and online indexing as per the business requirement.
- Proactively managed Microsoft SQL Server instances at the corporate office by developing Microsoft SQL scripts for creation and upgrade of databases, maintenance plans, Jobs and logins.
- Configured Database Mail for a newly commissioned SQL Servers and setup up a test email jobs for all production and production servers.
- Experience using SQL Server Profiler to identify bottlenecks and slow-running queries.
- Supported Application upgrade and migration for different business units using application scripts and backup and restore methodologies.
- Implemented database refresh jobs for on demand and regular refresh requests to meet application developers requirements.
- Responsible for designing and modifying backup strategies and verifying the validity of archived backups on Tape storage in a regular basis.
Environment: SQL Server 2012, 2008R2, 2008, 2005 Enterprise and Standard Editions and Windows Enterprise Server 2003, 2008, 2012 in Standard and Enterprise Editions.
Title SQL Server DBA
Description - Hewlett-Packard Company or HP is an American multinational information technology corporation headquartered in Palo Alto, California, United States. HP lprovides one of the tech world's most comprehensive portfolios of hardware, software, and services. It is the world's largest provider of PCs other products include servers, storage devices, printers, and networking equipment.
- Installed, configured and maintained SQL Server 2008R2/2008/2005
- Migrated and upgraded databases from SQL Server 2005/2000 to 2008 and 2008R2.
- Applied latest Service Packs and Hot fixes to ease migration process.
- Multi-server management features of SQL Server by using linked servers.
- Worked on database integrity by performing backups, consistency checks, and performance monitoring.
- Modified slow running queries to solve performance issues.
- Configured and managed mirroring, log shipping, clustering.
- Tested and deployed new database structures, such as tables, indexes and stored procedures.
- Developed and automated daily, weekly and monthly maintenance and jobs tasks.
- Work with application development teams during design and development SDLC phases.
- Responsible for performing database related security and permission requests.
- Worked on optimizing query, tuning stored procedures and performance monitoring with developers.
- Installed, configured and deployed SSIS, SSRS.
- Worked in SQL Server clustered SAN of fault-tolerant RAID environment.
Environment: SQL Server 2008R2, 2008, 2005 and 2000, Windows 2003/2000 Server, T-SQL, Enterprise Manager, SQL Query Analyzer, SQL Profiler.
Title Junior SQL Server DBA
Confidential is one of the large Government owned financial service companies in Ethiopia. I was involved in Installing, configuring, planning administration of entire migration of database. I was extensively involved in tuning aspects to achieve an Efficient cost effective system and have worked on optimizing SQL queries and improving performance of the system.
- Monitored databases on SQL Server Production, development test environment.
- Upgraded SQL 2005 Server to SQL 2008 Server for processing critical databases.
- Monitored SQL software license usage, requested additional licenses when needed.
- Created documentation to Install SQL Server 2005/2008, apply Service Packs, Hot Fixes.
- Conducted root cause analysis of application availability and narrow down issues related to database bottlenecks.
- Determined and fixed problems related to locking and blocking.
- Migrated and tested DTS packages to SQL Server 2008/2005.
- Tuned the Production Server to get Performance improvement by using SQL Profiler and Database Tuning Advisor.
- Enhanced Performance by reviewing Disk Configuration and storage allocation
- Designing/ Implementing Backup policies for Databases.
- Involved in automated daily, weekly and monthly system maintenance tasks like Backups, Replication verification, Database Integrity verification and indexing updates.
- Managed Server Roles, Adding Login's, User Roles, and Groups to MS SQL Server and maintaining proper security procedures.
Environment: SQL Server 2005, Windows Server 2003, Performance Monitor, and Backup
and Window Server 2000/2003/2008/2012and Windows 95/98/Me/XP/NT
MS Access and Microsoft SQL Server 7.0/2000/2005/2008R2/2012
Microsoft Visual Studio 2003/2005/2008/2010
Enterprise Manager, Management Studio, SQL Profiler, DTS/SSIS ETL , Database Tuning Advisor DTA , SSCM, SAC, PerfMon, DMVs, and DMFs
MS Office 2000/XP/2003/2007/2010, MS Excel 2000/XP/2003/2007/2010, MS Outlook /2000/2003/2010
SSIS, SSRS, SSAS
Third Party Tools
Quest Light Speed, Redgate, Idera, Erwin