Experienced Mainframe Programmer/Analyst with over 30 years in application development, maintenance, and support. Proficient in all phases of software development including: Design, Coding, Unit Testing, Integration Testing, Technical Documentation, and SDLC in multi - user and multi-platform environments. Utilizes strong problem solving, organizational and communication skills. Demonstrates a positive attitude, strong work ethic, and willingness to work in a team or independently
SUMMARY OF SKILLS:
Confidential, San Antonio, Tx
- Internet-based Texas Computer Cooperative Software is a comprehensive, hosted solution with applications for business, human resources, student services, and Confidential written specifically for Texas school districts and charter schools. It utilizes a Windows front-end connecting to an IBM mainframe via CICS DOCUMENT CREATE and WebSphere.
- The mainframe CICS programs are written in COBOL and the data is stored in an ORACLE Database.
- The system also contains batch reporting and load jobs.
- Modified COBOL CICS and batch programs for enhancements to the system as required by recent bills pass in the Texas Legislature.
- Wrote new COBOL batch programs to load data into the ORACLE database, modified/created JCL jobs and procs as necessary.
- Unit tested the code and installed in production.
- Wrote new COBOL CICS and Batch programs for enhancements to the system as requested by a school district for grade point averaging and as requested by the Teacher Retirement System of Texas.
- This involved updates to existing online and batch Cobol programs, copybooks, and JCL. Unit tested and updated documentation.
Environment: CICS, COBOL, JCL, TSO, ORACLE SQL, SQL Developer
Confidential, Birmingham, Al
- Responsible for the support and maintenance of the Vector Resolve:Check online and batch distributed systems which included cics and batch cobol programs as well as the jobs & procs.
- Researched and resolved user issues, installed vendor service packs, and monitored the UAT batch jobs.
- On call production support for all the Vector Day 2 products which included cobol cics and batch programs as well as the nightly batch cycles on the mainframe as well as messages that passed back and forth between mainframe and servers.
Environment: CICS, COBOL, JCL, TSO, VSAM, IDCAMS, CHANGEMAN
Confidential, San Antonio, TX
- Responsible for creation of load files for the conversion from a mainframe Oracle database to a Sybase database on the server
- Wrote over 50 cobol batch programs to read the Oracle database and create the sequential files to be inserted into the Sybase database
- Supported the customers during the conversion process
- Supported and maintained the Payroll system’s batch and CICS Cobol programs that utilized data stored on the mainframe Oracle database.
- Interfaced with the server via CICS Document functions
- Worked with customers to resolve any batch or online issues
Environment: CICS, COBOL, JCL, TSO, VSAM, IDCAMS, ORACLE SQL, SQL Developer
Confidential, Dallas, TX
- Member of team responsible for development, maintenance and enhancements to the Vector online distributed systems as well as the batch jobs.
- Modified COBOL CICS programs and maps per client specifications, tested, and installed at client site
- Wrote COBOL CICS interface programs to receive data from the lan via TCPIP Sockets,
- Wrote COBOL CICS interface programs to retrieve data from client DDA or CFS systems, and COBOL interface programs to build GL input into the batch DDA systems.
- Wrote and modified batch COBOL programs and JCL to process the online daily input in the nightly batch jobs
- Interfaced with other groups including the client/server groups, other mainframe groups, and user groups to obtain data and information.
- Traveled to client sites to install mainframe software, support production installation, and assist with various other customer needs. Provided phone support for production, testing, and general customer issues.
Environment: CICS, COBOL, JCL, TSO, VSAM, IDCAMS, INTERTEST, FILEAID, SQL
Confidential, Dallas, TX
- Member of Revenue Management team responsible for the batch systems that utilized history data to provide statistics regarding ticketing for the pricing analyst;
- Modified COBOLII batch programs and JCL as required to resolve production problems or user enhancements, created one time files or reports as requested by the Analysts;
Environment: COBOL, JCL, TSO, IDCAMS, XPEDITOR, FILEAID, ENDEVOR
Confidential, Las Vegas, NV
- Member of team responsible for maintaining the online systems;
- Modified COBOL CICS programs which handled long term adjustments and write-offs;
- Modified COBOLII batch reporting programs, and the related COBOLII, PL1, and ASSEMBLER copybooks;
- Coordinated with other members of the team in the modifications and testing of the system
- Worked with MasterCard and Confidential for MasterCard’s conversion from INET to IPM formatted files
- Converted Confidential ’s existing batch COBOLII programs which processed the incoming MasterCard’s INET file to 15 COBOLII batch programs which processed the IPM formatted file.
- Ran parallels, modified JCL and Job Documentation; working with users and MasterCard in system testing.
Environment: CICS, COBOL, JCL, TSO, VSAM, IDCAMS, XPEDITOR, FILEAID, CHANGEMAN