- Experienced in the analysis, design and development of complex database - driven applications using SQL Server 2008 and ASP.Net
- In-depth knowledge of T-SQL including complex query design, stored procedures, views and functions
- Extensive database development experience in the al publishing, financial and telecommunications industries with a strong understanding of data & analytics
- Demonstrated team-lead skills, delivering quality results with minimal supervision
RDBMS: MS SQL Server 2000/2008, Reporting Services (SSRS), Integration Services (SSIS), Management studio (SSMS), Data Transformation Services (DTS), MS SQL Server 2000 Enterprise Manager, MS SQL Server 2000 Query Analyzer, MS Access, familiarity with Oracle (PL-SQL)
Programming, Server: ASP.Net (4), “Classic” ASP, VBScript, Visual Basic 6
IDE & BI Tools: SQL Server BI Development Studio (BIDS), MS Visual Studio 2010
Version Control Systems: MS Team Foundation Server (TFS), MS Visual SourceSafe (VSS), Tortoise SVN
Reporting Tools: Crystal Reports, Actuate
ERP Packages: Pivotal
Geographic Information System Packages: Confidential, MapInfo, ESRI
Database Applications Developer (Team Lead)
- Migrated the company ecommerce website from Classic ASP/MS Access to ASP.Net/SQL Server 2008.
- Designed and built the entire backend: all tables, views, functions, stored procedures, and maintenance packages.
- Supported and assisted with front-end (.Net) development as necessary.
- Migrated numerous internal marketing applications from both Classic ASP/MS Access to ASP.Net/SQL Server 2008.
- These apps allow the marketing department to maintain and analyze prospect data, as well as generate “smart” mailing lists using various profitability metrics.
- The automation, intelligence, and streamlining of the resulting list generation process have resulted in a 20% reduction in mailing costs.
- Again, designed and built the entire backend: all tables, views, functions, stored procedures, maintenance packages (SSIS), and published reports (SSRS).
- Supported and assisted with front-end (.Net) development as necessary.
- Using SSIS and SSRS, developed a multitude of profitability analyses and reports synthesizing product, mailing and sales source data.
- Design and develop the backend architecture and objects for all new applications.
- Resolve database production, support and data integrity issues when escalated.
- Mentor technical staff in T-SQL.
Applications Support Engineer
- Created numerous complex views, functions and stored procedures using T-SQL in all company databases (SQL Server 2000 & 2008).
- Using advanced T-SQL, rapidly produced ad hoc reports, queries and analyses for sales, marketing and customer service departments as requested.
- Created stored procedures and packages (DTS & SSIS) to process, format and upload product data from our on-site product database to our remotely hosted ecommerce site.
- Created SSIS packages to automate the Import and Export of data to and from SQL Server 2008 using SSIS tools like Import and Export Wizard, Package Installation and BIDS.
- Built and migrated various DTS packages from .
- Performed backups and restores of the databases and transaction logs on production/development servers as necessary.
- Maintained and supported the company-wide product database application (VB 6 front-end with SQL Server 2000 backend).
- Provided backend and front-end support of the company ecommerce website, all corporate intranet apps, and legacy client-server apps as necessary.
- Built ecommerce site infrastructure to support marketing department interactive email blast campaigns. These emails allowed recipients to add products to their carts with a single click.
- Developed and maintained all internal applications residing on the corporate intranet. Built the following systems: development team task management, document management, contact management and client-invoicing.
- Created various types of "administration" sites that allow project managers to monitor activity on client websites, assign passwords, authorize access, and perform other administrative functions.
- Developed and maintained various types of client (public) websites, varying in complexity from static webpages that allow parties to download pertinent documents to full-blown applications that allow beneficial owners, custodians and brokers to submit various types of information (position, registration, etc.) and generate vital documents (account holder letters, power of attorney forms, etc).
- Assisted with the development and maintenance of the Confidential ® system, Confidential 's tax software product.
- Delivered daily instruction in both mathematics and literacy to a class of 25 students.
- Implemented the Confidential ’s Everyday Mathematics® program and developed my own reading, writing and phonics lessons within the district-mandated “balanced literacy” framework.
- Designed lessons in strict adherence to New York City performance standards.
- Administered the city-mandated Confidential literacy assessment in the fall and spring.
- Performed continuous formal and informal assessment of student progress in both major areas of instruction.
- Maintained a sizable classroom environment, which included the regular turnover of student work, classroom routine-related materials and thematic décor.
- Participated in parent-teacher conferencing.
- Attended weekly sessions conducted by senior members of the school administration and staff.
- Developed an intranet application that enables various departments to view customer-specific billing information.
- The back-end data resides in a SQL Server 2000 database.
- These tables are accessed via Confidential links in an MS Access 2000 database.
- The application offers robust querying capabilities. It also includes an on-line e-mail feature.
- This functionality required the in corporation of a third-party e-mail component for the ASP environment called Confidential ®.
- The website is fully compliant with corporate design standards.
- Developed an intranet application that enables the forecasting and engineering departments to utilize Dataline® construction project data.
- The application allows users to view, add, and edit project records as well as generate reports.
- The back-end consists of an Oracle 8.1.6 database and various maintenance programs written in Visual Basic 6.0. Back-end processes also include the usage of ESRI’s ArcView 3.2 to cross- county boundaries with the boundaries of various proprietary geographies.
- The web-application, written in ASP and VBScript, through user-inputs, generates an RDS recordset for high-performance client-side presentation and manipulation.
- Developed multiple client-server applications for the purpose of revenue analysis (forecast vs. actual).
- Typically, the applications had either an Access 2000 (VBA) or a Visual Basic 6.0 front-end with an Oracle 8.1.6 back-end. Reports developed in either Access or Crystal Reports 8.5.
- Developed multiple reports in Actuate 3.2 for the purposes of forecasting analysis.
- The reports were generally quite complex and required knowledge of the Actuate Basic Language.
- In addition to development, I was also responsible for the administration of the reporting system.
- Duties included publishing and scheduling reports as well as maintaining userlists and privileges.
- Led the development of two of Confidential 's desktop applications: the CRA Analyzer used by the banking industry and Confidential, and Site Targeter used by direct-marketing companies and retailers.
- Both applications are Visual Basic front-ends for Confidential 's core GIS engine. Development required knowledge of Visual Basic 4.0 and 5.0, Confidential 's own scripting language and Crystal Reports 6.0.
- In addition to coding, responsibilities included participating in design sessions with customers, drafting product specifications, implementing and trouble-shooting the products.
- Also created a European version of Site Targeter for a Belgian customer.
- Development of the Belgian product required the in corporation of Belgian cartography and data, as well as a reconfiguration of the engine to work with an alternate geographic coordinate system.
- Member of the development team for Confidential 's Internet application, Mapscape. While learning about Internet application architecture, contributed multiple report DLLs using Visual Basic 6.0 and HTML.
- Led the technical implementation of an ERP system for company-wide use. Implemented functional requirements submitted by shipping, sales, marketing and technical support. Customization of the ERP system required learning the system development language as well as identifying and clarifying a number of internal business processes.
- Developed and supported custom applications written in Confidential 's scripting language for numerous customers including Confidential.
- Performed on all Confidential products for such customers.
- Authored a guide and a customization manual to meet the needs of both end-users and developers interested in tailoring Confidential 's front-end products.
Technical Support Representative
- Promoted from technical support within 5 months to perform consulting-based project work for major clients.