- Over 7 years of total IT industry experience working as Database Administrator & Database developer.
- Experience in leading the DB2 development and production support teams.
- Experience with installing Confidential DB2, Confidential Net Search Extender, Confidential Websphere Federation Server and Confidential DB2 Fix packs on UNIX and Windows system.
- Experience in implementing HADR (high availability and disaster recovery) for backend database
- Good knowledge of Confidential Datastage (Infosphere ETL tool).
- Designed and developed Shell scripts and FTP (File Transfer Protocol) scripts.
- Strong in optimization and performance improvement of complex SQL and XML queries.
- Experience in regular DB maintenance activities, such as, backup, restore, indexing, reog, runstats etc.
- Possess strong database and system administration skills.
- Worked exclusively with DB2 PMR team and learned good insight into problem management processes.
- Expertise in Analysis, Estimation, Design, Development, Testing, Supporting and Implementing application backend system.
- Handling multiple projects and environments, excellent in multitasking.
- SPOC for maintaining 12 Development, 15 SIT, 5 UAT, 3 Performance Environments & 2 CTE (Customer Testing Environment) database environments.
- Thorough knowledge of issue troubleshooting and application maintenance.
- Strong production support experience, handled level 2 application support.
- Proficient in analyzing and translating business requirements to technical requirements and architecture.
- Good communication skills, interpersonal skills, self - motivated, quick learner & team player.
Databases: IBM DB2 version 9 and above
Programming: Procedural SQL (PLSQL), Unix shell Scripting Core Java concepts, XML, HTML
Operating Systems: UNIX, Solaris, AIX, Windows XP/7, zLinux
Tools: Rational Data Architect Developer, ER studio Data ArchitectDatastage (ETL tool), Rapid SQL Rational Performance Tester, Websphere Federation Server, Confidential Net Search Extender
Processes: Confidential On-Demand Process Asset Library (OPAL) Confidential QPACE - Quality Process Awareness and Competency Awareness, ASCA (Application Systems Control and Auditability), GenO.
Configuration & Change Management: Rational clear quest, Rational clear case, Manager Now.
- Hard working, fast learner and enthusiastic learner.
- Systematic and ready to accept challenges.
- Team player, believe in walking hand in hand with the team.
- Acquired sound Technical Knowledge through Hands-on experience
- Punctual - Respect for people and their time
Confidential, McLean, VA
Environment: Linux, Solaris, Confidential DB2, Oracle Weblogic Application Server, Webmethods, AIX
- Work as single point of contact Database administrator/developer for all non-production backend environments i.e., 12 Development, 15 SIT (System Integration Testing environments), 5 UAT (User Acceptance Testing) Environments, 3 Performance Environments & 2 CTE (Customer Testing Environment); plus 30 environments currently being build.
- Responsible for deploying new changes into databases (both structure and data related). Also responsible for maintaining databases at production baseline.
- Handle performance related issues. Analyze & work towards solving query, system & application performance problems.
- Backup & restore databases, schemas & tables.
- Worked on improving performance of XML queries.
- Responsible for providing, maintaining and monitoring adequate privileges on databases & data.
- Worked on designing solution for a major ADS application change project. Designed process to create version ids through db2 utility, in addition to designing export, import scripts. This made front end developer’s task simpler.
- Our team is working on development a centralized Tracking tool for different aspects related to work handled by the team - Issues (both environment & application), Environment allocation requests, Deployment requests, Enum Generation etc. I worked on designing the backend data model for this project based on the requirements gathered in discussion with the developers. Also implemented the same in db2 backend system.
- On and off I help development teams design and develop database solutions for their project requirements.
- Proactively took responsibility of two entirely new processes which were brought into the team - a) Enum generation process involving MS access macros and Db2 database, 2) Code generation involving maintenance, updating and versioning of all application attributes. Took responsibility of designing the versioning & maintenance process for both activities.
- Responsible for solving application issues/bugs related data or database. Ability to easily check front end logs - Oracle Weblogic and debug the issue.
- Have also worked hands-on on solving application issues related Weblogic configuration, Webservice calls, Null pointer exceptions, Java heap size, connectivity over firewall etc.
- Maintain & deliver documents highlighting changes, level and usage of databases on all environments for easy access and decision making by project teams.
Environment: AIX, DB2, Cognos, Websphere Application Server 6.1IBM Infosphere DataStage 8.1
- Have been associated with the project since the very beginning and start of the application implementation.
- Responsible for setting up application backend system from scratch.
- Installed Confidential DB2, Confidential Net Search Extender, Confidential Websphere Federation Server and Confidential DB2 Fix packs on AIX and Windows system.
- Responsible for designing and implementing application database objects using Confidential DB2 and Data modeling tool.
- Responsible for backup, restore and maintenance of application/session databases using Confidential DB2 and associated tools on AIX, Linux and Windows environment.
- Develop application data model using Confidential Rational Data Architect.
- Worked on implementing HADR solution.
- Maintain database scripts and DDLs (Data Definition Language) using Confidential Clear Case repository tool.
- Responsible for analyzing, reviewing and designing requirements from backend perspective.
- Create or optimize complex SQL queries for ETL (Extract Transform and Load) - Confidential Datastage.
- Worked on migrating application from Confidential Research environment to Confidential Dev & Production Servers.
- Prepared and delivered data migration plan for same using Confidential OPAL (On demand Process Asset Library).
- Design and develop Confidential AIX shell scripts and FTP (File Transfer Protocol) scripts.
- Prepared Preliminary and Detailed Design Document for various business requirements.
- Co-ordinate with external Datasource application teams which feeds data into iBAT, understand, analyze and implemented various enhancements and changes for the same.
- Move to Production Planning (MTP) which includes creating a deployment plan and instruction documents.
- Coordinate with deployment team for application fixes to be deployed on production servers.
- Work individually on minor enhancement and changes and deliver the same to customer.
- Worked with application performance testing team. Documented various scenarios and load to perform stress testing using Confidential Rational Performance tester.
- Work on solving performance related issues, determine the root cause and applied fix the same.
- Analyzed and worked on implementing database archival method to address performance issues.
- Work on PMR (Problem Management Report) tickets with the Confidential Software group for various technical and performance issues in the application to learn insights of performance improvement techniques.
- Perform preliminary analysis and provide appropriate solutions for Problems/Issues; queue it to Level 3 for further analysis and implementation.
- Also involved in L3 to identify solution to problems identified.
- Worked on the BCP (Business Continuity Plan) for application from database perspective. Prepared and executed plan to enable business continuity in case of a disaster in current application environment.
Segmentation Modeling Tool Developer
- Successfully completed 5 months internship at Confidential as Segmentation modelling tool developer.
- Successfully completed 3 months internship at Confidential .