- Over 12 years of programming experience in COBOL 75 and 85 with advanced Visual Basic skills.
- Consistently deliver projects on time.
- Outstanding leadership, team building, and communication skills with excellent documentation and problem solving skills.
- Adept at assessing business needs.
- Analytical, diligent, and dedicated.
- Project Management; Qualitative and Quantitative Analysis; Enterprise Architecture;
- Consistently Meeting Deadlines
- Outstanding leadership, team building, and communication/problem solving skills
- Adept at assessing customer needs Analytical, diligent, and dedicated
- Microsoft Office software.
- More than 12 years as a COBOL Programmer.
- Microsoft Office Word, Excel 2013.
- Open to relocation. zOS. JCL.
- Familiar with Overnight Batch Processing.
- Technical computer assistance provided by designing, creating, testing, debugging, and implementing Cobol programs on an IBM Mainframe.
- IMS; JCL COBOL 85 Code tester
- Good problem solving skills; Good interpersonal & Organizational skills Good written & Oral Commun. skills
- Ability to prioritize work and work on multiple projects
- Provide Mainframe support & complete requested and approved Changes to software.
- Designed created tested debugged and implemented over 100’s of COBOL programs COBOL CICS VSAM MVS IMS SQL DB2 IBM - Mainframe zOS. Microfocus COBOL; Easytrieve. TSO/ISPF. Plus numerous Batch COBOL Programs.
Programmer (Visual Basic) (SQL) Coder
Confidential, Virginia Beach, VA
- Technical computer assistance provided by designing, creating, testing, debugging, and implementing VB programs Programmed in Microsoft Visual Basic from Visual Studio.
- Created sort programs, traffic programs, multi-screen programs, and consecutive index files.
- Accessed and manipulated database
- Successfully built link from home computer to Confidential .
- Aided in the development of a business plan for the company.
- Visual Basic.Net Microsoft Office 2010 Excel 2010, Word 2010 Code Tester
Confidential, Newport News, VA
- Prepared daily and weekly lesson plans for 50+ students. 99% of my students passed their Standards of Learning Tests.
DATA CENTER MANAGER
Confidential, Arlington, Virginia
- In charge of Small Virtual Storage Network (WANG-VS) Computer operations on a day to day basis.
- Tester of other individuals work.
- In Charge of Word Processing on the system.
- In Charge of COBOL Development on the system COBOL85
- Record of no security breaches on the system during my watch.
- Managed approximately 25 individuals’ operations’ on the system.
- Plus overnight Batch COBOL Processing.
Lead Programmer & Test Engineer
Confidential, Reston, VA
- Championed Confidential initiative for the Confidential ’s computer system and managed Confidential date turnover issues.
- Scheduled staff programmers and assessed COBOL programs for date fields in 100+ programs.
- Successfully managed the date 2000-year turnover.
- Investigated and edited over 500 COBOL programs for US Postal System Tester
- Tester for COBOL code efficiency of staff programmers
- Overnight Batch Processing with an operator.
Technical Skills: COBOL, 85
Lead Programmer (COBOL)
Confidential, Reston, VA
- Planned and led programming efforts for the claims payable component of the hospital billing system.
- COBOL, COBOL 85 CODE Tester for staff. Batch Processing.
Technical Skills: COBOL,85 HP 3000, HP9000, and Image/View.
Confidential, Arlington, VA
- Developed an address book system, personnel database and file system for the Confidential, utilizing Microsoft Visual Basic(5).
- Utilized Data processing and Crystal reports for design, development, testing and implementation of billing and inventory management systems.
- Code Tester
Programmer) (Mainframe) Coder
Confidential, Washington, DC
- Contributed to onsite development, maintenance, documentation of individual and business tax systems for the Confidential .
- Technical Skills: COBOL, MVS, OS 3090, CICS, COBOL, programmed in COBOL on the Confidential business and individual tax system.
- Liaison between Confidential leaders and OAO Staff with successfully meeting the needs and requirements of Confidential expectations.
- COBOL,75, 85 TSO, OS390, CICS, SQL, IBM/OS390, MVS, ISPF IDMS VSAM
- COBOL 85 VSE IDMS zOS Used SAS to creates and statistically Manipulate data; Programs in COBOL Code used in same statistical manner (Statistical “verbs” used); Used for business analysis..
- Tester of staff COBOL programs for correctness.
- Used & borrowed JCL from other job streams.to facilitate and add to sob streams.
- Overnight batch processing every night (COBOL)