PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE SUMMARY:
- My main languages are Confidential and COBOL. I taught myself Confidential from a programmed instruction book, and then worked with some very good programmers and learned a great deal more.
- I continued to learn new languages including SQL, Unix, Perl, DBase3, DBase4, DBase5, Visual Basic, Assembly Language, and Access.
- I and currently learning .NET programming.
- Programming and analysis are things that seem to have come to me easily.
- Also, working as a development manager matching the staff to the tasks, delegating the workload, working alongside them to help them understand the requirements and methodology is very rewarding to me.
- For ten years as a contract programmer and as a manager of a consulting company
- I was moving between those two positions regularly and I enjoyed both.
- My experience has been with a number of different industries and I believe IT isn’t much different, regardless of what the employer industry happens to be.
- I have strong ISeries (AS/400) RPG IV, free, and SQL development skills and in designing, developing, and enhancing applications.
Application Design, Application Development, Process Improvement, People & Project Management, Application Development Management, System Analysis & Design, ConsultingProgramming, and help businesses to use their IT resources to their potential.
IBM ISeries (AS400), IBM 3090, RPG4, RPG400, COBOL (MVS, AS/400), Java, Visual Basic, Perl, Windows, SQL, FTP, HTML, MS Office
Confidential, Andover, MA
- Modified numerous Confidential programs using Confidential Free and SQL (both embedded and stand alone).
- Frequently was handling 4 to 7 different problems at a time, juggling the problems to fit into the schedules of the Project coordinators’ schedules.
- Used release 7.1 on ISeries hardware.
SENIOR SOFTWARE ENGINEER
Confidential, Burlington, MA
- Prevented revocation of the company's state license by validating corporate E911 reporting accuracy, extracting the data using Confidential and SQL in a DB2 environment.
- Generated $100,000 and up in monthly billing by partnering with a business analyst to revise early termination specifications.
- The solution eliminated an on - going problem responsible for $6+ million in missed billing in prior years.
SENIOR PROGRAMMER ANALYST
Confidential, Waltham, MA
- Designed, developed, and tested a Billing Subsystem for a new group of products in a constantly changing environment, hammering out the details and specifications, then implementing and testing the outcome until it worked flawlessly.
- Without this Subsystem, they could not have billed for these new products.
- A major portion of their gross income.
- Designed, developed, tested, and continued to maintain a system to report E911 lines.
- Worked with other IT staff members to support all billing and customer care.
- Worked with users, managers, teams to design, develop and test systems
Confidential, Beverly, MA
- Designed, developed, and managed the synchronization of four customer and product master files between a mainframe and an AS400.
- Managed constant data moves and frequent database changes.
- Designed and implemented a system to transfer data to a Unix-based optical disk system using Perl to make the data selection
- Successfully prepared master files for migration to a new SAP system. designed, staffed, and managed development & testing of a new check processing system and installed new system on Beta site .
- Managed generalizing software to allow inclusion into IBM software catalog.
- Managed less experienced programmers to help them grow and contribute more