- Experienced, self - motivated, hard-working IT professional with expert level technical knowledge, strong analytical and utstanding interpersonal skills.
- Proven track record of successful delivery IT solutions as a technical lead or a team member.
- 15+ years of extensive experience in:
- Full Life Cycle Application Development.
- Requirements Research and Analysis.
- System Integration and Testing.
- Design of high performance database applications.
- Integration and customization vendor software.
- Production support in multi-platform environments.
Operating Systems: Mainframe (MVS/ESA, OS/390, zOS), UNIX (RS6000 AIX), Windows (XP, 7)
Languages and Software: COBOL, PL1, CICS, Micro Focus Cobol/CICS, JCL, CLIST, REXX, C#, VB.NET, HTML, XML, UNIX Shell Scripting, PL/SQL, Microsoft Office.
Databases: DB2 UDB, IMS, Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server 2008 & 2012; IMS/DB, Teradata, MQ Series.
Confidential, Philadelphia, PA
SR. Systems Analyst
- Gather user requirements for system enhancements and conduct feasibility study.
- Prepare Functional specifications as a SME for development teams working with HIPAA, PHI and other medical compliant documents and applications.
- Provide ongoing production maintenance and support for Medical Billing and Finance mainframe applications.
- Developed, modified, and implemented numerous modules utilizing COBOL, JCL, CICS programming languages and IMS and DB2 databases.
- Worked with mainframe Librarian file system.
Confidential, Malvern, PA
- Worked on several releases of Confidential - code auditing software solution featuring a clinically-based expert application that evaluates claim information within the broader claims payment systems.
- Confidential helps payer organizations to save valuable benefit dollars and administrative costs by analyzing and auditing procedure codes before medical claims are paid.
- It’s a multiplatform product that could be installed on IBM OS/VS CICS, IBM OS/VS IMS, AS400, HP MPE/iX, Open VMS, UNIX, and Windows systems.
- Developed, modified, and implemented numerous modules to support successful transition to the ICD-10 coding system and Medically Unlikely Edit (MUE) to comply with Medicaid mandate. Utilized Micro Focus COBOL, JCL, CICS, IMS, DB2, C# and VB6 on Mainframe (zOS), UNIX (RS6000 AIX), and Windows (XP and 7) platforms.
- Fulfilled a leading role during all phases of the project.
- Provided on-going customer support and issues troubleshooting.
Confidential, Blue Bell, PA
- Analyzed, designed, developed, and coded GEO coding address localization system for Confidential address books.
- Developed new customized XML file parsing process using z/OS COBOL.
- Created COBOL/PLI DB2 stored procedures to look up Canadian postal area codes and American Zip codes to locate geographic position of the specific address.
Confidential, Warminster, PA
Senior Application Developer/Analyst, Team Lead
- Designed, developed, modified, and implemented a new multiplatform Retail Pharmacy System for individually operated Pharmacies and large Pharmacy chains.
- Release of this System increased Confidential sales by 30%.
- Developed a new Rx process and provided on-going support, maintenance, and enhancements to Pharmacy management applications based on customer’s requests for UNIX / LINUX, Windows, and Mainframe environments.
- Created logical and physical data models for small projects using UML.
- Developed UNIX shell scripts.
- Designed and developed stored procedures and user defined functions in distributed, heterogeneous DBMS environments: using T-SQL, DB2 SQL/PL, and COBOL external procedures to process Account receivable, Transactions history, and Reporting data for the large pharmacy chains.
- Integrated Retail Pharmacy System software with vendor’s packages to speed up prescription and insurance card scanning.
- Integration resulted in a 7% price decrease of Confidential software.
- Converted high-level requirements into functional specifications and provided technical assistance with application architecture.
- Designed documents to describe the scope, data dependencies and mapping rules.
- Developed a new Windows console application, built on C#, to send scanned image to specified location.
Confidential, Lawrenceville, NJ
- Substantially improved efficiency of marketing efforts by designing and coding Confidential Loyalty project.
- This system offered Confidential customers an incentive to maintain their loyalty to Confidential Fifth Avenue using month-by-month calculated s.
- Confidential Loyalty program had effect of increasing high spend Confidential First customers’ sales by 30%.
- Participated in DB2 database schema design; developed triggers and stored procedures.
- Coded mainframe COBOL and Easytrieve Plus programs with embedded static and dynamic SQL.
- Evaluated new technologies (e.g. Web Services), coding techniques (DB2 Stored Procedure Builder, SQL Stored procedures), database features (e.g. triggers, global temporary tables, identity columns, user defined table functions, row set operations, scrollable cursors) and coded VB.NET user interface using DB2 Connect for data access.
- Participated in design and implementation of Common Credit System.
- The system enabled real time interface between Point of Sales and credit providers and substantially reduced credit authorization response time.
- Developed CICS background programs.
- Responsible for the integrated system test plans and program specifications.
- As part of a Client Book team developed and implemented a Purchase history look up process.
- Designed a reliable and flexible process to allow a sales associate to access an entire customer’s purchase history.
- Implemented a multiplatform process to access Data Warehouse Teradata database at the Point of Sale Terminal through Teradata channel by multiple CICS regions.
- Decreased processing time of Client Book Synchronization process from 16 to 4 hours.
- Increased sales by 10% as a result of implementing the CRM messaging system for Customer Relationship Management project.
- Developed interface between POS and Client Book using DB2, IMS, COBOL, CICS, and MQ Series.
- Performed logical and physical design of relational database, coded batch and background CICS programs with static and dynamic SQL.
- Provided on-call production support and resolved problems of marketing applications.
Confidential, Blue Bell, PA
- Participated in design, development and testing of a Dental Strategic Capitation System.
- This system provided a mechanism to process capitation payments for group and individual dental providers based on geographical location.
- Utilized DB2 Stored Procedures, COBOL II, CICS, DB2, VSAM, and JCL.
- Increased profitability to 5% by developing a Cross-Docking system to keep track of commodity circulation between distribution centers and retail stores.
- As a member of the Database design team, designed a logical and physical relational database.
- Tuned up DB2 embedded and QMF reporting SQL.
- Developed Common Invoice Processing system for numerous vendors in an Account Payable System.
- Raised efficiency by designing and implementing Vendor Compliance Address Feed project.
- Used embedded ORACLE SQL (Pro*COBOL) and SQL Plus for debugging and tuning application performance.
- Built UNIX shell scripts in order to execute stored PL/SQL procedures and extract processes.
- Provided on-going support, maintenance and enhancement of Distribution Center support systems.
- Developed, tested, and maintained all aspects of member conversion and support.
- Enhanced new business front end systems (COBOL II, CICS, VSAM and DATACOM-DB).
- Completed contract programming assignments on foreign complex systems (COBOL II, VSAM).
- Served as liaison to marketing department.
- Coded batch and on-line programs using Micro Focus COBOL / CICS, XDB. Performed unit testing in Micro Focus and system testing in MVS environments.
- Designed batch jobs using JCL.
- Provided post implementation production support and enhanced system according to user’s request.