- 20+ years of experience in IT industry with skills in Analysis, Management, Coordination and Reporting
- Expertise in Test Planning, Strategy, Test case documentation, scenarios development, and defect management
- Highly Skilled at developing and presenting Business cases by analyzing business processes
- Expertise in ERP Application testing, Internet/Web technology, Client - Server Applications, Load/Performance testing
- EDI mapping using DECEDI
- Crystal Reports
- The planning, management, execution and reporting phases of BAT, UAT cycles
- Experienced in software development methodologies
- Extensively involved in test execution phases like System, Integration, Regression, Functional, BAT and UAT cycles
- Expertise in analyzing business, system and functional requirements, Software requirement Specification (SRS), Service level Agreements(SLA), Functional design document (FDD) and Product Design Reports
- Proven ability to deliver successfully with project timelines with demonstrated results in Business Partnering
- Proponent and proven results in process standardization and experience developing and introducing new processes
- Broad range of project participation including SQL Server, Windows releases, Data Center configuration
- Vendor relations management and procurement
- Effectively and efficiently drove collaboration across multiple cross functional teams
- Extensive Experience in Release Coordination From Release Initiation until Release closure(Artifacts) for all Quarterly and Monthly Releases along with Providing updates to management
- Design and Develop Master Test Plans, write test cases and generate test scripts for Regression Testing.
- Well versed with Defect Management process using various defect tracking applications and systems
- Strong organizational and communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Strong team player with good interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to self-motivate and be flexible within a fast-paced environment.
Operating Systems: Windows 2003/ 2008/XP/Windows 7, UNIX, VMS, Solaris, DOS
RDBMS: SQL Server 2012, 2008,2005,2000, SQL- Developer MS Access, CONNX
Testing tools: TestDirector8.0/7.6,LoadRunner9.5/9.0/7.8, SiteMeter
Languages: SQL, T-SQL, JAVA, HTML
Network Protocols: TCP/IP, SNMP, HTTP, FTP
Applications: Microsoft Excel, Visio, PowerPoint, Project, NextThink, Trak-It, Word, Crystal, CRM, DECEDI
Application Servers: JAVA, IIS server
Project Management: PMBOK, MS Project. MS SharePoint, member of PMI
Software Development Manager
- Project team leader for large custom software development projects.
- Led a dedicated team of analyst and programmers along with my counterpart with our primary software provider.
- My team reported directly to the CIO and was responsible for the entire Software Development Life Cycle of many US corporate and globally mandated projects.
- Dedicated team was established as a means to cut cost on expensive and routine custom program requests. Realized initial savings of approximately $22,000 in monthly maintenance contracts and ad-hoc custom programming costs.
- Used Application Lifecycle Management and SharePoint for Tests and defect management.
- Closely followed up with team from Project initiation, planning till execution/Project Service Delivery.
- Managed customs forms project where I gathered input and with it developed all custom management reports and transportation forms required for all USA branches and operations.
- Designed all Bill of Ladings, Air Waybills and transport forms using a custom FORM(S) program on the AS400 to meet Confidential and Export regulations.
- Designed and maintained all custom transportation and finance reports.
- Using Crystal Reports, SQL Server 2008 and the CONNX DBMS automated distributions maintained using Crystal Enterprise and housing of the reports done using HTML to create a custom reporting website. Designed and did content management on SharePoint which was leveraged as a standard in the organization
- Gathered and assessed needs from internal business units to create specifications and charters used in project initiation; developed custom solutions to resolve issues (e.g., Profit By File, CRM, Profit Sharing with Sister Agents, Cass Reporting and auto updates, EDI shipment file creation, Gateway / Cost Center accounting…); developed functional specifications for IT, SALES Finance and Product Operations groups.
- Original member of the key Feasibility and Migration teams responsible for massive system changes. Always an issue was global system data flow.
- Prepared and delivered reports and presentations to Senior Leadership to show project performances using KPIs quarterly & monthly
- Delivered Projects on time
- Worked extensively with overseas management groups to devise group policy requirements and implementation; managed US team to help meet global objectives.
- Negotiated national voice and data contracts responsible for all national branch openings and relocations.
- Responsible for all support aspects of Import, Export Sales and Financial systems using the Confidential Import, Freight Forwarding and accounting systems. Identified and resolved weaknesses in workflow as well as ensuring system compliance in accordance with global policies and Confidential regulations.
- Managed and supported internal IT tools, Internal and external facing websites, build repository, and on call calendar
- Managed the Helpdesk queue for internal and external facing web applications, handling up to 6-8 case per day
- Interviewed a variety of vendors to complete tool assessments and participated in selection of new vendors for IT organization
- Performance tested Internal and External web apps using Gomez (SAAS based performance and load testing tool)
- Responsible for ongoing reporting and trending of Web app metrics for App Managers and Sr. Director of Applications
- Lead and execute testing for responsible modules and rapidly providing solutions for defects
- Administered and managed SharePoint Sites and for internal and external customers
- Production Support for any S1s and communication of -404 controls within IT for web applications
- Manage Microsoft release Patch cycle testing and delivery of results to the IT team