- Over 10 years of professional experience in Client/Server and Data Warehouse applications on different platforms using Oracle database and C - ISAM files.
- Over 8 years of ETL/Datastage tool experience using IBM Websphere/Ascential DataStage (Ver8.x), Quality Stage, designing and developing jobs using DataStage Designer, DataStage Manager, DataStage Director and DataStage Administrator. Familiar with Parallel Extender concepts.
- Involved in all the stages of Software Development Life Cycle.
- Extensively participated in all the phases of application development, namely: system analysis, design methods, development, testing implementation and maintenance.
- Some knowledge in Pipeline/Partition concepts and techniques - Round Robin, Entire, Hash by Field, Modulus and Range.
- Involved in creation of Star and Snowflake dimensional data marts using Microsoft Visio and ERWIN.
- Used job Sequencer to specify the network/sequence of jobs to run.
- Extensive knowledge and experience in various Server stages (Sort, Merge, Aggregator, and Transformer).
- Proven track record in troubleshooting of DataStage jobs and addressing production issues like performance tuning and enhancement.
- Experienced in tuning and enhancing the performance of Server jobs using Link Partitioner, Link collector stages turning on Inter-row buffering.
- Extensively used Oracle SQLLOADER and ORABULK stage for importing data and loading from multiple sources (Oracle and Text files).
- Experienced in writing complex SQL scripts, Stored Procedures, Views and Triggers using PL/SQL.
- Expert in writing UNIX Shell Scripts and executing scripts from DataStage.
- Strong writing and documentation skills for the management, development and control of documentation.
- Highly organized, detail-oriented professional with strong technical skills.
- Effective in cross-functional and global environments to manage multiple tasks & assignments concurrently.
Confidential, Princeton, NJ
DataStage ETL Developer and Technical Coordinator
- Worked with the Manager of International Business in requirements gathering, business analysis, testing, and project coordination .
- Involved in logical and physical database design and star schema design. Identified fact tables, transaction tables.
- Gathered client requirements, validated and analyzed client data to find trends and relationships
- Worked on developing data mapping documents and mapping rules to illustrate data flow from source system to target tables
- Worked extensively with server jobs, transformation logic, routines and job sequencers.
- Designed and created custom routines, functions to perform business rules.
- Created complex SQL queries to simplify some of the jobs and used ODBC Stage in server jobs.
- Used DataStage Manager for importing metadata from repository, new job categories and creating new data elements.
- Documented and developed over 100 test cases and used them to validate results of the ETL build and load prior to releasing the converted data to load into SAP systems in Munch.
- Responsible for monitoring and troubleshooting jobs in the DataStage Director.
- Responsible for exporting all project code from development to production for the development teams.
- Created and worked with shell scripts for the automation process of the jobs and also to read job parameters from configuration files.
- Created job design to use parameters to do selection of input data to run complete process on select criteria to quickly identify and correct coding issues prior to running complete build process.
- Creating test plans and test scenarios for the functionality and performance testing.
- Performed user acceptance testing and end user
- Subsequent alterations of design based on user requirement changes.
Environment: DataStage 8 Server (IBM Websphere Datastage and Quality Stage Designer, Director, Administrator), SQL, PL/SQL, UNIX Shell Scripting.
Confidential, Princeton NJ
Sr. Programmer Analyst / UNIX System Administrator
- Conversion of legacy COBOL applications from WANG VS system to UNIX servers using MicroFocus COBOL and custom C environment.
- After completion of conversion, completed year 2000 changes and testing.
Confidential, Exton, PA
Sr. Programmer Analyst / UNIX System Administration
- Provided programming and analysis
- Lead role in providing conversion tool and execution to the Confidential for large multi year conversion project.