- Results - driven IT professional with over 15 years of experience providing effective software solutions to business challenges.
- Extensive analysis, design, development, and technical lead experience creating complex distributed software systems for accounting and securities processing.
- Expert in all Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) aspects of Mainframe Applications including migration, conversion, and decommissioning.
- Outstanding technical and analytical skills, with extensive knowledge of various hardware platforms and software development environments.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
- Creative and Resourceful
- Excellent problem solving and decision making
- Strong understanding business requirements
- Superior quality, productivity and accountability
- Time management, task planning and prioritization
- Consistently meets deadlines
- Adaptable and Customer-oriented
Languages: COBOL, CICS, DB2, OS/MVS JCL, ORACLE/PL SQL, SQL, PLI, MERCATOR
Hardware: IBM 3090, IBM MVS (OS/390), IBM Z/OS
Software: TSO ISPF, VSAM, OS/MVS utilities and JCL, File-Aid, File Manager DB2, SPUFI, ENDEVOR, XPEDITOR, MicroFocus COBOL, ORACLE, SQL Plus, IBM Data Studio, PANVALET, CHANGEMAN, SAVRS, NDM, FTP, PLI/Datacom, MERCATOR, TOAD, MS Office Suite, MS VISIO, PVCS, Mercury Quality center, Remedy
Confidential, Boston, MA
Application Development Consultant
- Provided technical lead and subject matter expertise for Confidential Cash Projections and Fixed Income Projections accounting interfaces into the ETF application.
- Key contributor for fully automated solution on Fixed Income application resulting in significant cost savings, time processing reduction and customer satisfaction.
- Designed and developed flow for multiple clients into Fixed Income Projections application within multi-basis accounting system and feed into ETF applications resulting in increased revenue and profitability.
- Successfully completed Eiger client conversions to Confidential multi-currency accounting system. As a result of this complex and highly deadline driven conversion, Confidential became the largest third party ETF service provider in Europe.
- Performed design and code reviews and provided mentoring to developers.
- Provided knowledge transfer, interactive guidance, training, documentation and support to enable the successful transition of the IT business to the off-shore production support team.
- Participated in a 24x7 on-call support rotation on high availability and critical online/batch applications, resulting in expert technical solutions that reduced ticket processing time to under and hour.
- Known as an excellent resource to team peers to insure any production issues are resolved quickly and accurately with minimal impact to the business and clients.
Senior Software Developer
- Technical Lead for the on-shore development group during ETF I-shares initiatives for major clients, resulting in substantially increased client satisfaction.
- Successfully completed conversions of large new clients to IBT Accounting system. As a result, IBT was ranked as the #1 Custodian Bank in the mutual fund industry .
- Delivered complex technical designs and development for Fund of Funds application across multiple platforms, on time and within budget.
- Prepared detailed system design documents including data flow diagrams, screen designs, file designs, and system flow charts.
- Designed, developed, installed, and maintained multiple critical projects on Fund Accounting and Custody Tracking Systems to serve major clients in delivering information more efficiently via the SWIFT network.
- Key contributor to migration of major client to IBT Middleware environment, increasing efficiency by streamlining the process and reducing client reporting time.
- Recognized with IT Special Recognition Award for MERCATOR 5.0 conversion and upgrade.