- 8+ years of experience in Information Technology field working with SQL Server 2000/2005/2008/2008 R2 with strong expertise in SQL Server development, designing Stored Procedures/Transact - SQL coding, SSIS/SSRS/SSAS, OLTP and OLAP.
- Extensive experience in Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC) from Design, Development and Implementation.
- Extensive experience in TSQL development which includes creating complex business Stored Procedures, Tables, Cursors, Views, Indexes, Triggers and User Defined Functions.
- Extensive experience developing and implementing Business Intelligence tools Microsoft SQL Server integration services (SSIS), Microsoft SQL Server Analysis services (SSAS), Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) and MDX for data warehouse and data mart solutions.
- Experience in creating packages to extract data from Excel, Flat file, Oracle, DB2, Sybase to MS SQL Server by using MS SQL Server DTS and SSIS (2005/2008).
- Experience in Data Migration (using tools like DTS, BCP) between different heterogeneous systems and SQL Server as part of data migration and data maintenance.
- Experience in SQL server Agent Jobs, Sending Alerts using SQL Mail.
- Experience in creating simple and parameterized SQL Reports using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS).
- Experience in SSRS with Report authoring, Report management, Report Delivery and Report Security.
- Experience in defining query for generating drill down reports in SSRS (2005/2008/2012 ).
- Good knowledge in SQL Server Analysis services, OLAP, OLTP Design & Implementation.
- Experience in developing multidimensional cubes and data modeling using SSAS.
- Experience in designing Data Flow Diagrams, Process Models, ER diagrams, Dimensional Data Models.
- Extensive Knowledge in MS SQL Server configuration manager, performance tuning, SQL Profiler, client/server connectivity, query optimization, back-up/recovery.
- Experience in Performance Tuning, Query Optimization, and Database Consistency Checks using DBCC commands.
- Extremely diligent, strong team player with an ability to take new roles.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills coupled with excellent written, verbal and inter-personnel communication skills.
Databases: MS SQL Server 2012/2008R 2/2008/2005/2000 , Oracle 10g/9i/8i, DB2, Sybase, MS-Access.
SQL Server Tools: Business Intelligence Development Studio, SQL Server Management Studio, SQL Profiler.
Operating System: Windows, UNIX, Linux.
Languages: C, C++, T-SQL, XHTML, VB, Unix Shell scripting, VB.NET.
Other Tools: SQL Loader, ERWIN, ER Studio, Microsoft Visual Source Safe, TFS, ProClarity, Microsoft Office, Microsoft Visio, MS Visual Studio 2003/2005, Toad.
Confidential, Herndon, VA
SQL Server Developer
- Worked on Extraction, Transformation and Loading (ETL) process to pull data from various heterogeneous and homogeneous data sources using SSIS.
- Extracted data from Oracle, Flat Files, Excel Files transformed (Implemented required business logic) and loaded into the target tables using SSIS.
- Worked on Integrating, cleansing, applying the business rules and policy according to business need and logics, and feed them into appropriate tables and reports.
- Developed complex SSIS Packages with various transformations like Lookup, Fuzz Lookup, Merge, Sort, Multicast, Conditional Split, Loop Containers and Execute SQL Task.
- Created SQL Server Reports such as Sub reports, Drill-through and Drill-down reports based on the requirements using SSRS.
- Identified and defined the Datasets for the report generation and wrote complex SQL queries for various reports and designed various report layouts.
- Defined parameters for parameterized reports and created roles for the report security.
- Developed complex reports like Drill capabilities, Complex freehand SQL queries, Functions.
- Created and modified database objects such as tables, views, stored procedures, indexes, triggers etc.
- Provided index tuning as required for performance improvement of the applications and tuned the SQL scripts that are dependent on slow running applications.
- Created new jobs and monitored daily scheduled jobs in SQL Server Agent.
Environment: MS SQL Server 2012/2008R2/2008/2005, Windows XP, T-SQL, SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS), SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), MS Excel, Flat File, SQL Profiler,C#.NET, VB.Net, TFS .
Confidential, San Antonio, TX
- Involved with Data Architects and Business Analysts to take business decisions in designing New Data Model, EDW, OLAP Data Model.
- Worked extensively in writing and debugging Complex TSQL code, Stored Procedures, Cursors, Triggers, Inner Joins, Outer Joins, Views and User-defined functions.
- Created complex Stored Procedures to transform the data and worked extensively in T-SQL for various needs of the transformations while loading the data.
- Using SSIS built high performance data integration solutions, including extraction, transformation and loading (ETL) packages for data warehousing.
- Extracted the data from Flat Files, Excel Files Transformed (Implemented required Business Logic) and loaded into the target Data warehouse using SSIS.
- Designed and developed Packages using Lookup, Merge, Merge Join, Conditional Split, Script Component, Aggregate and Export Column.
- Involved in implementing SSIS package security, Package Configurations, protecting packages, executing, monitoring and managing them.
- Enhanced and deployed the SSIS Packages from development server to production server.
- Created OLAP Cubes and Dimensions using SSAS in data warehouse environment.
- Created named query in SSAS Data Source View to get appropriate hierarchical summarize data for dimensions and developed Star schema using SSAS cubes.
- Developed Aggregations, partitions and calculated members for cube as per business requirements and worked on cube security.
- Designed numerous ad-hoc and custom reports using SQL Reporting Services 2008 and created Drill-through and Drill-down reports.
- Deployed reports in various sources like Web browser, XML and PDF.
- Optimized SQL statements for customer summary reports.
- Developed scripts using VB.NET and C#.
Environment: MS SQL Server 2008R2/2008/2005, Windows XP, T-SQL, SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS), SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS), DTS, MS Excel, Flat File, SQL Profiler,C#.NET, VB.Net., ProClarity, TFS .
Confidential, Austin, TX
SQL Server SSIS/SSRS Developer
- Developed system standards, architecture, scenarios, detailed screen specifications.
- Actively involved in writing T-SQL Programming for implementing Stored Procedures, Functions, Cursors and Views for different tasks.
- Created Views for extracting data and created indexes to improve the performance of the queries.
- Design/Build Extract Transform Load procedures to import/export data feeds to/from data warehouse to populate the data using SSIS.
- Designed SSIS Packages to transfer data across different platforms, validate data during transferring and archived data files for different DBMS.
- Created packages using SSIS for data extraction from Flat Files, Excel Files OLEDB to SQL Server.
- Developed complex SSIS Packages with various transformations like Lookup, Fuzz Lookup, Merge, Sort, Multicast, Conditional Split, Script Component, Loop Containers and Execute SQL Task.
- Involved in report writing according to business requirements using SSRS.
- Configured, built, deployed different reports to PDF, Excel according to the business requirement using SQL Server 2005 Reporting Services.
- Involved in building dimensional cubes with SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS) and querying the data with MDX script.
- Designed and developed the entire business intelligence reports using SQL Server Reporting Services 2005 and integrating it to the front end application.
- Programmed SQL Server 2005 Reporting Services (SSRS) using Microsoft Visual Studio 2005.
- Created new fields in reporting based on data set fields.
- Worked on Performance tuning of ETL transformations, data validations and Stored Procedures.
- Used Performance Monitor and SQL Profiler to optimize queries and enhance the performance of database servers.
Environment: MS SQL Server 2005/2000, Windows XP, Oracle 9i, SQL Server Management Studio, SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS), SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), DTS,T-SQL, SQL Profiler, C#, .Net.
Jr. Database Developer
- Actively participated in logical design of database to meet new product requirement using ERWIN.
- Wrote and modified stored procedures to implement the complex business needs for generating new customer number, account no, increasing, decreasing and setting credit limit as per business policies, updating user profiles, transaction processing, generating messages with code encryption.
- Configured the DTS packages to run in periodic intervals.
- Wrote stored procedures and triggers extensively and worked very closely with developers, business analyst and end users to generate various audit reports and troubleshoot their query problems and connectivity problems.
- Created Cursors to facilitate the users (credit officers) to scroll through the Queues to perform manual operations on the payment.
Environment: SQL server 2000, Windows NT, Oracle, Flat Files.