- Having 9 + Years of experience in Data warehousing, Business Intelligence, designing, developing, and maintenance of reports and systems utilizing BI software including Cognos suite.
- IBM Cognos 10.1.x and 10.2.x BI Suite(Framework Manager, Dynamic Cubes, Report Studio, Analysis Studio, Query Studio, Event Studio, Cognos Connection, Active Reports, Business Insight and Business Insight Advanced,
- Cognos Work Space and Workspace Advanced, Cognos 8 BI v8.4,8.3,8.2 (Framework Manager, Report Studio, Analysis Studio, Query Studio, Event Studio),Cognos Power play Transformer V8.3.
- Lead and guide development of IBM Cognos BI Reporting solutions, perform architecture design and implement best performance strategies.
- Expertise in performance tuning of Cognos Reports.
- Expert in SDLC of Data warehousing, project planning and effort estimation.
- Proficient in ETL (Extraction, Transformation and Loading) process, Dimensional Data Modeling, Business Intelligence (BI), SQL and PL / SQL across multiple databases (SQL Server 2008, Oracle, DB2 etc.)
- Strong knowledge of Data Warehouse Architecture and Designing Star Schema, Snow flake Schema, Slowly changing dimension, FACT and Dimensional Tables.
- Efficient in end - to-end development of software products from requirement analysis to system study, designing, coding, testing, debugging, documentation and implementation.
- Proficient in Business process documentation and end-user training/knowledge transfer.
- An effective communicator with excellent relationship, team building & interpersonal skills. Team Player with the ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the development process. Possess a flexible & detail oriented attitude.
- Exceptional analytical, problem solving skills and multitasking abilities. Ambitious and hardworking with commitment to excellence.
Languages: SQL, PL/SQL, HTML, C
Data Modeling: IBM Infosphere Data Architect, MS Visio
Tools: Cognos BI Suite (10.x/8.x/1.1Reportnet), Informatica, IBM DataStage
Database: Oracle 11g/10g/9i, SQL Server 2008/2014, DB2 9
Domain Knowledge: Insurance, Telecommunications, Consumer Packaged Goods (CPG), Retail, Real Estate.
ConfidentialSenior Software Engineer
- Creating/Enhancing exiting Metadata models using Cognos Framework Manager.
- Involving in Cognos Administration activities like code deployment from development to higher regions, providing User access etc.
- Build Dashboard-style reports using RAVE Charts to give executives an at-a-glance look at the key metrics of the organization using IBM Cognos Workspace.
- Extensively working on Active Reports for Cognos BI Mobile interactive applications.
- Working on relational, OLAP, Star Schema, Snowflake Schema, Multi-Dimensional database modeling and design.
- Designed and build multidimensional models and cubes for reporting and analysis.
- Proactively able to handle diverse situations, multiple projects and rapidly changing priorities and successfully delivered fast Faced and intelligence solutions that expand to meet the business needs.
- Proficient in implementing user level and data level security in Cognos.
- Setting up projects across multiple environments (Development, Test, Production), ensuring solutions and deliverables are 100% compliant with the Client’s SDLC and meet controllership and audit standards.
- Coordinate with Software Testers and Release Management to integrate the final work product into the production environment and provide off hours support as required.
- Providing Functional/Technical documentation and End user training.
- Involved in preparing Cognos Dynamic Cube - Proof of Concept comprising of Single Star schema.
Cognos BI Tech Lead
- Developing complex reports by implementing different concepts like Master - Detail relationships, Report Bursting, Conditional Formatting, Table of Contents, Drill up /Drill Down, Drill Through, Dashboard reports, Active Reports etc.
- Involving in Project plan preparation, providing estimates and Migration of reports from Cognos 8.4 version to Cognos 10.2.1 Version.
- Performed the health check for models exist in Cognos 8.4 and moving the models to Cognos 10.2.1 by converting to use Dynamic Query Mode where ever applicable.
- Coordinating between Cognos Admin team, QA Team and all other Stake Holders in project.
- Using Cognos LifeCycle Manager Tool to perform in testing for Cognos reports upgrade project.
- Developing and deploying Dynamic Cubes in Cognos 10.2.1 environment.
- Developing Meta data models that support both Dimensional and Relational Modeling.
- Prepared Data Mart data model using IBM Infosphere Data Architect.
- Providing access security permissions in UAT/QA and Development regions.
- Providing End - User trainings on Developed Cognos Reports on a need basis.
- Providing Support and Enhancement Activities.
- Co-ordination between Onsite - Offshore comprising of 6 members.
- Gathering Requirements from Process and Business teams.
- Developing Technical Design documents and Process Flow diagrams based on requirements from Business.
- Assuring quality of code to fulfill requirements and adhering to IBM Cognos Reporting standards.
- Providing support activities for ETL code developed using Informatica.
- Written PL/SQL functions and procedures that was imported into Cognos.