Senior Database Administrator
- Solving escalated DB2 issue on worldwide production, QA and development databases.
- Provide OS and storage (Red Hat Linux) configuration recommendations for servers running DB2 and DataStage.
- Identifying and escalating DB2 issues to Confidential support.
- Writing stored procedures, triggers and database deployment scripts according to client’s specifications.
- Performing common administrative jobs: deployments, restores/backups, HADR setup, upgrades, performance tuning, creating indexes and views.
- Working close on common projects with application teams (BusinessObjects, DataStage, CMS).
Advanced Support Engineer
- Solving DB2 issues on customer side, identifying defects, building test cases, analyzing product’s source code, escalating defects to development team.
- Analyzing DB2 crashes, diagnostic logs, function’s call traces, function’s stacks, memory dumps, explain plans.
- Providing 24/7 (shift rotation) support for high priority/system down calls.
- Recovering ‘non - recoverable’ databases due to the issues with data corruptions, transaction log, binary configuration files using internal tools and techniques.
- Providing configuration and optimization recommendation for customer’s DB2 systems.
- Mentoring and training newly hired support engineers.
- Creating APARs and Tech Notes.
IT Support and Implementation Engineer
- Tracking and resolving service calls with HP OVSD ticketing system according to defined SLA standard.
- Supporting 1000 users using MS Windows and variety of applications, configuration scripts, ‘Ghost Images’.
- Enforcing company’s IT security policy on users PC’s and Servers.
- Implementation and support of Citrix and SAP clients, troubleshooting authentication keys (certificates, keys).
- Management of AD and local user accounts, file access permissions.
- Administrations of Active Directory, DHCP, file servers, printers, switches, Cisco VoIP phones.
- Administration and support of scanning solutions in two projects with: Scan batches, OCR and validation services, SFTP file transfer, and SAP integration.
- Remote services troubleshooting: Proxy, AD controllers, routers, SAP, Citrix, MS Exchange, DNS.
- Escalation of issues, coordinating the support and contacting other world-wide IT groups via Phone, E-mail.
- Remote administration and monitoring of ‘Business Integration Solution’ systems on Linux platforms. (ASN/EDI messages > XML translation/processing/validation > SAP).