- Twelve years of experience in Database Administration, Architecture, Design, Implementation, Performance Tuning, Deployment, Development, Capacity Planning, Scaling & Support of Mission Critical MS SQL Servers 2012/2008 R 2/2008/2005/2000 /7 in Development, Production, Test, Replication, Cluster, QA and VLDB Environments.
- Installed, configured, maintained and monitored MS SQL Server 2012/2008 R 2/2008/2005/2000 /7.0 Versions in both Mission Critical, Clustered (Active/Passive and Active/Active), Stand - Alone, Hyper-V and VMware Environments.
- Implemented High Availability plans like Clustering, Log shipping & Database Mirroring.
- Improved the performance of the databases, SQL Servers, Windows Servers, applications and optimized the slow running queries.
- Performed Database Optimization, Server Optimization, Consolidation and Standardization.
- Performed Upgrades & Migration from SQL Server 2000 to SQL Server 2005/2008/2008 R2, SQL Server 2005 to SQL Server 2008/2008 R2, SQL Server 2008 to SQL Server 2008 R2 and SQL Server 2008 R2 to SQL Server 2012 in both 32 bit and 64 bit environments and resolved the issues.
- Performed Migrations from Oracle, DB2 and MYSQL to SQL Server 2005, SQL Server 2008, SQL Server 2008 R2 and from SQL Server 2005, SQL Server 2008, SQL Server 2008 R2 to Netezza.
- Designed and implemented OS Layout for SQL Server, OLTP Databases, Data-ware Houses (Kimball and Inmon), Data Marts, Data Mining and Reporting Servers.
- Designed, implemented & tested Archiving, Database Backups, Point in time Restores and Disaster Recovery Procedures.
- Resolved Database, Performance, Replication, Log-shipping, Database Mirroring, Connectivity, Security, Blocking and dead locking related Issues.
- Used ETL tools like DTS, SSIS and automated the collection of the data from various Data Sources, Data-cleansing and loading them into Staging, ODS and Data ware-houses.
- Performed Data Modeling, Conceptual, Logical and Physical database design using Erwin Tool.
- Implemented Management Data Warehouse, different types of Replication models like Snapshot, Merge and Transactional replication and monitored them.
- Created Reports using Microsoft Reporting Services (SSRS) and Crystal Reports.
- Experience in Resolving Tickets, Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), SQL Server Memory Management, Incident Management, Change Management, Version Control, OLTP, OLAP, MS-DTC and fixing the database corruption.
- Used Tools like SQL Litespeed for backup-recovery and Spotlight for performance tuning.
- Performed Schema Management, Client/Server Connectivity, Database Rollouts, Load Testing, Load Balancing, Database consistency checks using DBCC Utilities.
- Resolved issues related to database performance, database capacity, Cluster, replication and migration.
- Used Performance Monitor/Profiler to resolve the Blocking, Dead Locks and Long Running Queries.
- Created Linked Servers, Maintenance Plans, Entity-Relationship Diagrams, Perl Scripts, VB Scripts and Power shell Scripts.
- Involved in the Design of Databases and database objects like Tables, Indexes, stored procedures and views.
- Created Logins, Users and controlled their permissions and access by using Server Roles, Database Roles and User defined Roles.
- Created Packages, Jobs and had set up the Database Mail and Alerts using the SQL Server Database Mail and SQL Mail.
- Configured and Maintained the Report Server and the Report Manager.
- Installed SQL Server 2005/2008/2008 R2 Reporting Services in SharePoint integrated Mode and had done configurations on the MOSS box.
- Created Star Schemas, Snow Flake Schemas, Data Marts, Multi-Dimensional Cubes, OLAP Cubes and modified the cubes using Cube Designer.
- Detected SQL Injection and eliminated it.
- Wrote MDX expressions for cube calculations and KPIs.
- Prepared project documents like Change requests, Status reports, Issue tracking.
- Implemented Change Releases to Production.
- Implemented policies and procedures for ensuring the security and integrity of the SQL Server databases.
- Experience in Security management, auditing (Sarbanes-Oxley) and user access control on the databases and Servers.
- Created Databases, Tables, Views, and Stored Procedures in Netezza and optimized them.
- Created Users, Groups and Maintained the security of the users, Groups in Netezza.
- Performed Netezza backups and restored them.
- Provided 24X7 on call Production Support for the Applications and SQL Servers.
Databases: MS-SQL Server 2012/2008R 2/2008/2005/2000 /7.0 , MS Access, Oracle 9i/10g/11g/12c, Netezza 7.0.5/7.0/6.0.5 , Sybase, DB2, MySQL, SQL Azure, DB2 UDB.
Languages: T-SQL, PL/SQL, NZPLSQL, ASP.Net, VB.Net, C, C++, ColdFusion MX, XML, XSLT
SQL Server Tools: Enterprise Manager, Profiler, Query Analyzer, Export & Import, MS BI Dev Studio, SSAS, Client Network Utility, Server Network Utility, SQLCMD, SQLDIAG, SQL Server Configuration Manager, Service Broker, BCP, Database Engine Tuning Advisor, Replication Monitor, Report Services Configuration tool, T-SQL Debugger, Activity Monitor, Resource Governor, Performance Data Collector, Policy Based Management, Central Management Server, Compressed Backups, SQL Server Audit, Data Compression, Cube Designer, Dimension Designer, Mining Model Viewer, Master Data Services Configuration Manager, Master Data Manager
Web Servers: IIS 6/7, Web Logic, Sun One (Web Server 6.1)
Framework: .NET Framework 1.0/2.0/3.0/3.5/4.0/4.5
ETL Tools: DTS, SSIS, IBM Info Sphere DataStage, Abinitio, Informatica
Reporting Tools: SSRS, Crystal Reports, Report Designer, Report Builder, Report Manager, RSKeymgmt, RS, Model Designer, Hyperion, Congo’s 8 Business Intelligence, Dundas Chart for Reporting Services, ProClarity, LogiXML, mysqlreport
Back UP Tools: Idera’s SQL Safe backup, Quest’s Litespeed, IBM’s Tivoli Storage Manager, Red Gates SQL Backup, RMAN
Change Management Tools: Idera’s SQL Change Manager, Quest’s Change Director, Embarcadero Change Manager
Cluster: Cluster Administrator, Veritas Cluster Server, Veritas Cluster Server Web-based Cluster management console(VCS MC)
Data Modeling Tools: Erwin Data Modeler, Erwin Data Model Validator, ER/Studio, MS Visio, Quest Toad Data Modeler, Sybase’s Power Designer
Performance Monitor Tools: Perfmon, SQL ultimate Performance Monitor, Foglight Performance Analysis, Spotlight, SQL Diagnostic Manager, SQLdiag, SQL Sentry 7.5, PAL,SQL Trace, SQL Nexus, dmv’s, Extended Events, Management Data Warehouse, phpMYAdmin, MySQL Tuning Primer Script, MySQLTuner, mytop, innotop
SharePoint: Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007, Windows SharePoint Services 3.0, Office SharePoint Designer 2007
Scripting: Power Shell 1/2/3, Shell Script, Java Script, VB Script
Other Tools: Visual Studio 2005/2008/2010/2012 , LINQ, Legato Networker, event viewer, FTP, SQL Server Migration Assistant for Oracle, MS-DTC, Visual Source Safe, Visual Studio Team System (VSTS), Team Foundation Server (TFS), Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer(MBSA), WinSQL, Ultra Edit, Opsware, DB Artisan, NZADMIN 7.0/7.0.5,Active Directory, NTLM, Kerberos
Operating System: Windows NT 2012/2008R 2/2008/2003/2000/4.0/ XP/7, Unix, Wintel Server, Linux, Mac OS X, Windows Azure
Gaming: IGT Advantage 9.1, IGT SBX 4.1, EZPay 9.1, TableManager 9.1, Tournament Manager 2.0, Bravo, eMarker
VMware: vSphere Client 4.0/4.1/5.0/5.5
Netezza: TwinFin 3, Model 1000-3, Host Model x3650 M3, NPS 6.0.5.P2/7.0.P2/7.0.P5, 1000 DW Appliance, NZADMINSlot Systems: Oasis, CMS, LMS, Legacy
SAN: HSG80/EVA5000/EVA8000/AMS2500/HDS AMS2500(40 TB)/ VNX 5500/5700
Networking: NAS,DAS,LAN,WAN,TCP/IP, DNS, VPN, Intranet, Terminal Services
Sr. SQL Server DBA/ Architect and Netezza Developer
- The project was to Creating, optimize and test the Databases, Tables, Views, and Stored Procedures.
- Applying Best Practices in writing the Stored Procedures. Providing Recommendations on the Stored Procedures.
- Taking Netezza databases backups and restoring them. Performed Database Migrations from MYSQL and DB2 to SQL Server 2008 R2 and SQL Server 2008 R2 to Netezza.
- Setup Always on Availability Groups on SQL Server 2012. Creating SSIS Packages and loading the data into Netezza and SQL Server databases.
- Performing Database Maintenance in Netezza and SQL Server.
- Used Datastage to load the data into Netezza. Performing patch installations in Netezza.
Environment: SQL Server 2012/2008R2/2008,TwinFin 3, NPS 7.0.P5, 1000 DW Appliance
Confidential, Atlantic City, NJ
Sr. SQL Server DBA/ Architect and Netezza Admin
- The project was to resolve the performance problems for the Gaming (IGT) and Non-Gaming SQL Servers. The project Involves in designing a new OLTP Server and Implement the best practices.
- Responsibilities were to perform Monitoring, Performance Tuning, Troubleshooting the issues, Backup and Restores, provide High Availability, Security, Design specifications for the OLTP server, databases, Transactional Replication, Perform Auditing, Creating SSIS Packages and scheduling the Jobs, Perform Capacity Planning, Setting up Management Data Warehouse, Always on Availability Groups, Alerts and Notifications, Creating Disaster Recovery Plans and testing them.
- Creating Data warehouses, Loading the data into data warehouses and generating SSRS Reports, Creating, optimize and test the Databases, Tables, Views, and Stored Procedures.
- Applying Best Practices in writing the Stored Procedures. Providing Recommendations on the Stored Procedures. Taking Netezza databases backups and restoring them. Performed Database Migrations from MYSQL and DB2 to SQL Server 2008 R2 and SQL Server 2008 R2 to Netezza.
- Provide Support to applications like IGT(Advantage & SBX),Bravo, eMarker, Infogenesis Universal Desktop 4.3.1, RedRock, MGT, UltiPro, Bartech, SolarWinds, SharePoint, Labor Scheduler, BellDesk, AllStar, Fusion, Nagios, MDM, Scannet, NetPay, iTrack, Performance Management, Four Winds and CallCopy. Used Datastage to load the data into Netezza. Performing Netezza database Maintenance and patch installations.
Environment: SQL Server 2012/2008R 2/2008/2005/2000 , MS Visual Studio 2012/2010, MS BI Dev. Studio, Enterprise Manager, SSIS, SSAS, SSRS, IIS, Query Analyzer, DMV’s, Vb.NET, C#, MS Visio, Perfmon, Windows SharePoint Services 3.0, Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007, Resource Governor, Change Data capture, Management Data Warehouse, Windows Server 2003/2008/2008 R2/2012, Team Foundation Server, Unix, Power shell 2, Erwin, IIS 7.0, SQL Sentry 7.5, IGT 9.1, SBX 4.1, ezPay 9.1, Tournament Manager 2.0, Table Manager 9.1, TwinFin 3, NPS 6.0.5.P2/7.0.P2, 1000 DW Appliance, Cognos, UNICA Campaign 220.127.116.11 and Infogenesis POS, vSphere Client 5.0/5.5, Solar Winds, Microsoft Access 2010, Master Data Services Configuration Manager, Master Data Manager