- Over 20 years in IT. 13+ years’ experience with Cognos suite of tools.
- Experienced with all aspects of data modeling, report building, and system configuration of Cognos software including experience with PowerPlay, Impromptu, DecisionStream & Data Manager (ETL tools), ReportNet, Metrics Manager, Metrics Designer, Framework Manager, Transformer, Connection, UpFront, Configuration Manager, and security and administration tools. Experience in Cognos 5.5 through Cognos 10.1.
- Experienced with SQL; experience in database design using Oracle, MS Access & dBase III+
- Highly proficient in designing work processes and customer requirements gathering and routine Oracle database administration tasks
- Prior experience in Novell Network Administration; programming skills in Visual Basic
- Supervisory, Technical Management, and Project Management experience
- Certified Cognos 8.4 Administrator; CompTIA Security+
Senior Cognos Developer
- Responsible mentoring current GDIT junior Cognos developers; development of complex queries, ETL and data modeling; automation of scripts and reports; preparation for upgrade from Cognos 8.4 to Cognos 10.2; and server security mitigation issues in preparation of network migration to AFNET.
- Responsible for the rapid development and deployment of the Counterdrug Data Mart as a new component of the existing EDW serving ARNG Counterdrug leadership in all US states and territories.
- Working closely with the source system (FTSMCS) developers as well as with government user groups to gather requirements and request data needed to provide Cognos ad hoc reporting packages and dashboards to seven functional area groups.
- Responsible for deployment to the test environment and for submission of Design Specification (DS) and Software Version Description (SVD) documentation for both production and training implementations.
- Provide guidance and assistance to Cognos developers, testers, database administrators, technical writers and trainer.
- Deployment of this new data mart consists of 42 data tables, 5 reporting packages and over 20 Business Insight dashboards.
Sr. Analyst/Lead Developer
- Responsible for the development, production and maintenance of business intelligence/decision support and reporting products for US Air Force’s Office of Special Investigation’s SMART - OSI Project (business intelligence and reporting).
- Responsible for requirements gathering, planning, development and testing of new reports, data cubes or other SMART-OSI products. Working closely with clients and users to ensure a complete understanding of expected products.
- Assisted with responsibilities for production (both classified and unclass systems) server maintenance, software upgrades, security, configuration, etc. Responsible for design and implementation of all Extract, Transform & Load (ETL) processes for data warehousing project to consolidate investigative data from various data sources into subject-oriented data marts for efficient reporting. Responsible for the integration of WebI2MS data into existing warehouse.