- Goal oriented IT professional with 8+ years of experience playing different roles as Senior Database developer, Business Analyst and Programmer Analyst.
- Unique combination of technical expertise and business development leading to successful implementation of complex multi - application systems. Strong client interaction skills.
- Ability to perform tasks with minimal supervision and have excellent problem solving, communication and analytical skills.
- Excellent record in customer service with a track record of success in driving results; consistently performing at highest levels, highly motivated, results driven.
- Excellent leadership, communication, interpersonal, rapport building, organizational and analytical skills.
Languages: Python, Java, SQL, PL/SQL, Visual Basic V6.0, COBOL, CICS, JCL, REXX, Shell scripting.
Operating Systems: Unix, Windows, OS 390.
Databases: Cassandra (NoSQL database), MySQL, DB2, VSAM, Oracle, Ms Access.
Tools: Rational Requisite Pro, Rational ClearQuest, Rational ClearCase, Requirement Trace Matrix (RTM).
Methodologies: SDLC Waterfall model, Agile methodology.
Senior Database Developer
Confidential - Boxborough, MA
- Developed complex stored procedures to extract and load LCA methodology library data to MySQL tables.
- Extensive data load and extract validation/ verification led to finding out 5 critical data issues between MySQL and MongoDB ETL process.
- Design different complex views to extract data and display on the website portal.
- Working with the MongoDB team to ensure consistent file formats and correct data exchange.
- Troubleshooting complex data issues between MySQL and MongoDB databases.
- Worked on optimizing queries to display LCA methodology data onto web browser. This included adding appropriate indexes to the tables and analysis of query plans.
- Currently working as a database developer on a Big Data project whose objective is to conduct performance benchmarking of noSQL databases Cassandra and MongoDB.
- Writing Python scripts to load massive data to the noSQL databases.
- Worked as the Lead Business Analyst leading a team of 4 Business Analysts and handling tough multi-application business partners.
- Helped the business with claim analysis and figure out potential claim auto-adjudication opportunities which lead to savings of $2 million in terms of reduced rework costs.
- As a Subject Matter Expert, implemented a process for early evaluation of potential claim auto-adjudication ideas and was able to save costs on potential failure service requests.
- Excellent analysis of post implementation issues and proactive identification of hidden issues led to a savings of approx. $40,000 in rework savings.
- Excellent customer focus skills led to procurement of new business to the order of $85,000 .
- Ability to work under extremely challenging situations; one of the service request which would have been shut-off otherwise was skillfully salvaged avoiding loss of revenue of approx. $40,000 .
- Main responsibilities also include conducting Joint Application Design (JAD) sessions with the different application areas and Business team, understand the business requirements and convert them to functional requirement specifications.
- Prepare current and proposed business process state diagrams to enhance better understanding of the business requirements. Also prepared use cases for business requirements.
- Work with training area to develop end user training materials and instructions for processor work flow.
- Help business in planning for User Acceptance Testing, develop and execute UAT test plans and scripts. Set up UAT test data.
- Worked as liaison between business and the development team. Proactive reaching out to development teams and helping them understand requirements led to no requirement misunderstandings.
- Extensive experience with developing multi-application systems. Helped the project manager in coordinating with other projects that might have an impact/dependency on the project.
- Performed role of Document Control Manager (DCM) and maintained the project control book for deliverables of all above applications. Performed Process Quality Assurance audits as part of responsibilities of DCM.
- Expertise in writing complex SQL Queries to retrieve data from the databases for claim analysis.
Associate Project Manager
- Maintained Plan View Financials (project effort allocation/tracking tool) and generate Plan view reports; Work breakdown structure (WBS) and Status of Project Effort.
- Worked with Project Managers to track and resolve Change, Risks and Issues for the project.
- Project status and milestone tracking in Plan View for all projects every week.
- Generate Cost and Schedule Performance Indices (CPI & SPI) for the project.
- Prepared a “Deliverables tracking tool” to help track the completion of phase related work products, this tool helped increased productivity by replacing individual follow ups.
- Advised the project managers to follow the software development life cycle (SDLC) and make sure that the project is compliant with the phase procedures.
- Conducted Process Quality Assurance audits for all projects.
- Worked as a Programmer Analyst leading a team of 3 developers. Automated the daily batch schid monitoring process for the Member Enrollment project which used to take a total of 2 hours daily support.
- Worked as Onsite Coordinator and supported the offshore team to design and deliver software solutions. Worked on 6 projects and delivered them with zero defects.
- Strong client interaction skills led to procurement of new business from client over other competitive vendors for 3 consecutive years.
- Managed and mentored 2 offshore teams with total of 5 developers. Established strong design and code review practices which lead to identifying defects up-front. This saved client cost in terms of $90,000 on rework projects.
- Designed and developed large scale complex OLTP Database systems with minimal defects. Performed software-based unit and quality assurance testing of database systems. Designed and implemented online CICS screens which helped the client to monitor incoming and outgoing claim feeds. Extensive experience in complex database development using DB2.
- Extensive experience with development of client server applications.
- Developed an extensive understanding of the Health Care domain which helped me increase the auto adjudication rate for dental claims by 50% (approx. $85,000).
- Experience in developing server-side database management system ( DBMS) applications on multiple platforms.
- Worked on team and individual development projects to deliver secure, robust and scalable DBMS solutions that helped improve efficiency, information security, data integrity and customer satisfaction.
- Main responsibilities includes system analysis, design, coding, testing, implementation activities and requirement analysis.
- Actively Involved in Knowledge Management and Defect Prevention team activities. Created a 'Release Report' tool to automate module lookup after code migration for testing. This tool is still widely used within the company saving developers valuable time and increasing productivity.