- Motivated Information Technology professional with expertise in the development and support of a variety of systems within the Financial and Investment Industries.
- Solid experience using the Microsoft Business Intelligence suite of products in observation of business rules to effectively meet end user needs and accurately warehouse data.
- Skilled in creating tables, stored procedures, views and functions via MS SQL.
- Extensive knowledge in creating drill down reports, parameterized reports, linked reports and sub reports via Microsoft Reporting Services (SSRS).
- Proficient use of Extract Transform and Load (ETL) tools via Microsoft Data Transformation Services (DTS) and Integration Services (SSIS).
Languages: Microsoft Transact SQL
Development Tools: Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio, SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), Data Transformation Services (DTS), Integration Services (SSIS),AutoSys (scheduling software), DBAmp (SaleForce cloud\database connection)
Vendor Software: SalesForce.com (CRM), SalesLogix (CRM), Interaction(CRM), SS&C Pacer (Accounting), Advent APX (accounting and performance), SS&C Sylvan (Performance), Bloomberg Trading Platform (trading), Advent Moxy (trading)
Databases: Microsoft SQL Server, Operational Data Store (ODS)
Senior Software Engineer
- Developed and supported monthly process to feed and report Institutional Fund characteristics, market values, cash flows and market appreciation data (over $60 billion in assets) for 3 US office locations into Corporate Center Decision Support System (DSS).
- Designed and maintained monthly process to accurately deliver all Institutional Fund performance information for 3 US office locations to the global Performance System in the home office in Germany.
- Built load process to deliver monthly assets under management and holdings to the billing system (Revport) used to derive Basis points and Revenue Run Rates for US based portfolios.
- Held key technical roles in multiple system conversions due to office consolidations and system upgrades. Accounting system conversions (Axys to APX to Pacer). CRM system conversions (SalesLogix to Interaction to SalesForce.com)
- Created innovative, informative and accurate reporting as required by Senior Management, Portfolio Management, Trading, Finance, Operations, Compliance, Client Services and Retail group including firm wide regulatory reporting to the SEC (13F, 13G).
- Implemented and monitored nightly feeds from the accounting, CRM and product master systems to warehouse data in the Operational Data Store (ODS).
- Constructed and supported (APX) accounting and performance system’s overnight process to ensure accurately updated accounting, pricing, performance and index data for the next trading day.
Confidential, Secaucus, New Jersey
- Supported and customized FundStation, a client/server application used to collect mutual fund pricing data, calculate performance figures and distribute reports.
- Developed reports according to user specifications via Crystal Reports against a Sybase database.
- Oversaw nightly processing to ensure inbound files are received in a timely manner, processed properly and outbound files are delivered according to the SLA (Service Level Agreement) for domestic and offshore funds.
Confidential, Secaucus, New Jersey
Senior Mainframe Software Developer
- Built, enhanced, and modified brokerage statement processing systems by effectively designing programs, jobs and stored procedures to meet client specifications and deadlines.
- Communicated effectively with data suppliers, printing companies and outside clients to review project progress and validate customer requirements.
- Resolved program Abends and production issues in a timely manner while on support of month end brokerage statement and daily Global Access Card processing.
- Coordinated and prioritized multiple projects to meet client deadlines.
- Built, implemented, and monitored various user reports for internal Cash Management group.
- Developed test environments to ensure a smooth conversion to the new Euro currency for Legacy General Ledger system.
- Designed testing schedules via Control - M according to user specifications.
- Coded, tested and debugged Cobol programs used in EMU parallel testing.
- Analyzed and documented results of tests to ensure proper conversion from participating European currencies to the new Euro currency.
- Communicated testing results to production team, as well as domestic and overseas user population.