- Around 8+ years of experience encompassing a wide range of skill sets, roles and industry verticals in Mainframes & EDI.
- Executed multiple software projects for Banking (Credit cards, Loans and Payments), Financial Markets, Chemical & Petroleum and Energy & Utilities industries.
- Good Functional Knowledge about Credit Cards, Invoicing and EDI documents.
- ITIL Certified Professional.
- Experience of EDI ( Electronics Data Interchange ) documents, ANSI ASC X12 standards and Sterling Integrator Tool - GENTRAN.
- Extensive experience of Requirement Analysis, Design, Coding, Testing, Process review, Customizations and implementation of Mainframe & EDI applications.
- 24X7 Production Support Experience.
- Proficient in analyzing and translating business requirements into technical requirements.
- Strong database skills.
- Good communication skills, interpersonal skills, self-motivated, quick learner and team player.
Database skills: DB2, IMS-DB
Programming Languages: COBOL, SAS, NATURAL, EASYTREVE, JCL, CICS, IMS-DCVSAM, REXX, RAD, IMSADF, FOCUS, GENTRAN and EDI
Operating environments: OS/390
Tools: Clarify, ClearQuest, CompuCom, QMF, TeamTrack, SPUFIEndevor, Changeman, GENTRAN, Expeditor, SDSF,Panvalet, Abend- Aid, File-Aid, Rapid Application Development (RAD), Quality CenterRational Portfolio Manager
Processes: IBM Qpace, Six-Sigma, Incident Flow Process, SR Flow Process
IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL) processes:
Domain knowledge: Credit Cards
- Application development which includes requirement analysis, reviewing project analysis document (PAD), detail design, code changes, preparation of test plans, unit testing, integration testing, system Integration testing and UAT.
- Working on creation-modification of EDI maps in Gentran. To set up new jobs to process EDI files received from Customers into Application files. To check the status of EDI transactions on VAN in case of any failure. To process the resend of failed EDI documents/transactions.To confirm acknowledgments of documents in GENTRAN in case of any issue.
- Doing project estimations and preparing project plans and got them approved from client management after discussions.
- Knowledge transfer to team members about various processes, tools, languages and assist them in understanding the project requirements.
- Assisting senior management during quality audits and worked on preparing quality & process related documents for audit purpose.
- Assigning tasks to the team members, status reporting to delivery managers and client management.
- Participation in client meetings and internal management meetings.
- Developing Application Information Development (AID) documents with functional and technical aspects of various applications.
- My role in this project is to develop and provide technical support for various set of applications.This includes application development, provide quick resolution for critical business and technical issues, to understand new business requirements, doing estimations, code changes, unit & integration testing as per business requirements,
- UAT support and then production deployment. As a EDI support I am also responsible for interaction with client vendors and to made sure all EDI documents have been processed and received successfully.
- This role also involves knowledge transfer to other team members and assisting them to understand the various tools such as Clarify, RPM, Endevor, Team Track and Work flow process for Service Requests,
- Incidents. It also includes working on quality & audit related processes, generating statistics reports. Coordinating with offshore resources to provide 24X7 system supports for high critical applications. To make sure team is working as per standards defined by client.
- I am also responsible for developing the Application Information Documents (AID) which includes detailed functional and technical information for various client applications.
Environment: Information Management System ( IMS DB, IMS DC), DB2, Customer Control Information System (CICS), Natural, Cobol, Job Control Language (JCL), EDI, IMSADF, Easytreve, GENTRAN, Clarify, CompuCom, Clear Quest, Endevor, QMF, Abend-Aid, Xpeditor, VSAM, Team Track and CA-7 scheduler.