- More than 20 years programming and application development experience on the IBM AS/400 and iSeries.
- Proficient in AS/400 COBOL, CL, SEU, PDM, AS/400 Query and Query Management, DB2/400, Interactive SQL, and Embedded SQL, Aldon Change Management Systems, and Implementer.
- Knowledge in RPG, ILE, EDI, Stored Procedures.
- Possess good written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to shift focus between multiple tasks based on changing priorities
- Strong trouble shooting and problem solving skills.
- Experience leading other programmers and managing projects.
Confidential iSeries/AS400 Cobol Programmer
- Work with Business Analysts and Business Partners to identify process and systems improvements.
- Partnered with our customers to identify, document and program/code for both business and technical enhancement requests.
- Participate in the meetings with both internal Business Units and Key External Business Clients.
- Participate in all phases of the software development life cycle, with a primary focus on adding/changing program code based on requirements documents and guidance from a Business Analyst and/or a Business Unit.
- Drive both unit and cross systems testing of the code updates.
- Assuring that the project deliverables are implemented to the satisfaction of our business partners.
- Developed Application programs to support Claims and Billing Health Care systems using AS400 Cobol, Embedded SQL, Interactive SQL, CL.
- Responsible for insuring that backend data feeds transferred successfully to an FTP server location for use in Web Enabled system.
Senior Programmer Analyst
- Reported directly to the Manager of Information Systems.
- Responsible for writing the interface programs between the Comporiums’s AS400 and Motorola’s Digital Addressable Controller (DAC) to provide a full slate of residential TV services.
- Identified project objectives and limitations
- Defined project deliverables and guidelines.
- Prepared functional and technical design documents.
- Gathered requirements from the Information systems manager as well as from the business unit responsible for the day - to-day operations of the interface.
- Used TCP/IP protocol to communicate between the AS400 and Motorola’s DAC using a socket program written in Cobol on the AS400.
- Wrote program to translate data received from ASCII format to English using character nibble encoding.
Senior Programmer Analyst
- Write functional design documents for system enhancements.
- Conducted JAD sessions with business user, programmer analyst, quality assurance team members.
- Develop technical design documents based on information gathered in walkthroughs.
- Developed Cobol programs, CL programs and SQLs used in the Warehouse Management system.