- Experienced IT professional with a solid record of meeting business needs by analyzing impact, developing functional design, writing program specification, estimating time for the requirements, coding, creating and implementing test plan and writing appropriate documentation, which delivers successful project results.
HARDWARE: IBM 3090, IBM compatible pc, Modems, Scales and IBM printers
SOFTWARE: OS/MVS, COBOL, COBOL (II), CICS, REXX, ORACLE, PL/SQL, EZTRIEVE, DB2, SQL, QMF, ESP, SYNCSORT,VSAM, IDCAMS, MVS/JCL, FILE - AID, TSO/ISPF-PDF, BMC Utilities, CHANGEMAN, XPEDITER, INTERTEST.
PC: Micro Focus Cobol, C, MS Project, MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Visio
- Designed and documented application program changes, created program specification documents for Batch COBOL, DB2 and CICS programs for billing system large scale enterprise solutions, Created EZTRIEVE programs for comparison and extracting data for faster analysis, handled all JCL and Procedures required for executing programs
- Handled the task of impact analysis for the requirements identifying impacted CICS, COBOL and DB2 programs as well as JCL and impacted SQL
- Responsibilities included coding and unit testing of batch Cobol, DB2 and CICS programs, used XPEDITER, INTERTEST for detail analysis and defect resolution, used ESP for testing purposes, also supported system test, product test, and parallel test, used BMC utilities for copy, load and unload procedures, SQL, Sync-Sort utilities for sorting and creating desired output.
- Resolved production defects and Supported production job failure on timely manner.
- Converted window based application to Mainframe, created multiple CICS screens and developed COBOL programs, extracted and updated DB2 as well as VSAM file data, which resulted accurate and faster processing.
- Analyzed and created functional and detail design document based on the user requirement, created and updated process flow diagram used Microsoft Visio for the new process flow diagrams for clear Understanding and maintaining documents.
- Created REXX Programs to automate conversion of data.
Sr. Mainframe Developer
- Supported production implementation of changed programs for billing cycle resolving any issues and ensuring the perfection of changes.
- Responsible for setting up parallel tests of mainframe and distributed application code, setting up comparison tools and parallel test verification which resulted in faster and reliable testing, played active role in version control
- Supported User Acceptance test for billing cycle with setting up environment, scheduling and running jobs and resolving defects. Used BMC Utility to Load and Unload desire data from table. Created SQL to extract desire data.
Q.A. Test Lead/Senior Production Control Analyst
- Led and motivated team of four which resulted in successful implementation of strategic test plan for testing of all the phases of billing cycle(SDLC) which included the verification, loading of MQ, extracting and loading data and further producing bills
- Created and distributed daily status of test to all cross functional application and management team which helped the completion of test cycle ahead of time.
- Created and implemented Detail test plan for test cycle and time lines using Microsoft Project, also distributed project plan among external and internal groups
- Created REXX Programs for user interface, where automated the process for user to choose the system and enter the data which can be picked up for running Cobol programs
- Created SQL to extract information from multiple tables for user analysis
Q.A Tester/Junior Production Control Analyst
- Set up test environment for running billing cycle, scheduled Cobol and Linux programs running for billing cycle using Enterprise System Platform
- Monitored COBOL, CICS and DB2 jobs running using ESP, Resolved all JCL, SYMLIB, Procedure, BMC Utilities, IDCAMS and sync sort related issues while monitoring Mainframe jobs.
- Presented process to the team and upper management, and also teach the process to team members.