- 17 years of overall experience in IT Industry.
- Installations and configurations, Analysis, Design, Development, Testing, Administration, and implementation of Client/Server applications and relational databases Data Warehouse Design, Development,
- Expert in designing and creating Tables, Index, Views, Stored Procedures, Triggers, Query tuning, planning and implementing Server Security and authentication utilizing, Develop Queries and T - SQL Scripts in MS SQL 7.0/ 2000/2005/2008 using Query Analyzer and Enterprise Manager
- Profiler and Index Tuning Wizard. Strong skills in Microsoft SQL Server Database with three years of backend administration performed tuning and programming experience with analytical skills.
- 7 years of Microsoft Business Intelligence technologies, DTS/SSIS
- Expertise and having more than 15 months of experience in .NET Framework and its technologies VB .NET, ASP.NET. Expertise and more than a year of experience in Server-side web application development using ASP 3.0.
- Expertise in Data Access methodologies of DAO, RDO, ADO, ODBC and OLEDB. Experienced in developing applications using HTML, VBScript and Perl. Good experience and understanding in Database concepts with Oracle 8i-11g, SaleForce
Programming Languages: SQL, T-SQL, VB Script, Perl, HTML, DHTML,.NET, VB.NET, ASP.NET, Visual Basic 6.0, ASP 3.0
Software/Databases: SQL Server 7.0/8/ 2000/2005/2008 R2, SSRS,SSIS,SSAS, Oracle 8i-11, DB2, Informix, MS Access 97/2000/2003 , JDBC, ODBC, OLEDB, COM, DCOM, RedGate, SSRS 2000/2005/2008 , Crystal Reports 7.0/8.0/8.5/9/10/11 , SaleForce, OLTP, OLAP, Data Warehouse, PL/SQL, Visual Studio .NET, ADO.NET, ERWIN and Visio
Operating Systems: Windows 95/98/2000/NT/ 2000/2003/2008 4.0/ ME/XP/CE, MS DOS, UNIX, LINUX
Confidential, NEW YORK, NY
SQL Server DBA
Technologies: SQL Server 2000/2005/2008 R2, Oracle 10g
- Verify Daily Backups, Monitor Jobs History, Check on Backup Folders for previous night Backup Files as needed
- Check Services and Instances to ensure they are running in parallel to receiving Alerts accordingly
- Check SQL Server 2005 2008 Logs (Engine, Report, Analysis and SQL Agent)
- Check Windows event Logs for SQL Server, Report Server, Analysis Server or SQL
- Server Agent Entries, Visit SQL Error logs, Verify Backup and Maintenance steps
- Analyze Applications errors and resolve as necessary
- Check Jobs History and any logging created
- Look for unusual Database (Data/Log) files growth, Check on Available/Occupied Disk space
- Development/Test Database Refresh SQL Server Installations and tweaking
- Investigate application issues and take action as necessary
- Maintain Kofax/Markview application (windows side ) and Assist in troubleshooting
- Resolve Windows application related issue
- DBA Documentation: ongoing and including quick fixes to issues
SQL Server DBA
Technologies: SQL Server 2000/2005/2008 R2, DB2 9, Oracle 10g, UNIX, SharePoint 2010
- Install, Monitor, Patch, Maintain, and Performance Tune Production Databases while ensuring high levels of data availability(Mirroring, Clustering, Mirroring+Log Shipping, Replications, Log Shipping)
- Provided comprehensive Cash, stocks, bonds and other holdings reports
- Extracting and transforming data using SSIS from DB2 to SQL Server, Import/Export for transferring data between SQL Server.
- Create procedures and queries with error handling in DB2
- Build reports using SQL Server 2005/2008 Reporting Services reports.
SQL Server DBA
Technologies: SQL Server 2000/2005/2008 R2, Perl, Oracle 11g, Sybase 126.96.36.199, SSAS, SSIS, SSRS, SFTP, SaleForce, Kronos
- Installation of Sybase software and Sybase Replication.
- Expertise in Sybase database setup, database upgrades, space management, backup and recovery
- Diagnose and resolve performance issues, connectivity/security issues and database corruptions in a critical production environment
- Worked largely on the automation of the backup and recovery using korn shell scripting. The requirement was to extend the features of dump and load to developers to be able to refresh development environments at will with production data, and yet the keeping the refresh control still in the hands of the Sybase DBA's. Worked on a login and user addition script, that would add a login to a Sybase Server and all users and aliases to all databases on that Sybase Server and add the user to all the groups imitating the allocations of a like user or sample user.
- Implemented MS SQL Cluster (Active/Passive & Active/Active), Multi Node Cluster, Transaction and Snapshot replications in 2008/2005.
- Enhancing a Perl/SQL Server employment site (MS IIS) with personalization, security, dynamically generated graphics, search features and bug-fixes.
- Planned & executed of any upgrade such as Service Pack, Hot fixes etc.
- Extracting and transforming data using SSIS from DB2 to SQL Server(conversion project to Kronos)
- Performance tuning of SQL queries and stored procedures using SQL Profiler and Index Tuning Wizard.
- Created, administered & maintained SQL Server Databases (Production, Development, Test and Staging Env.) for various groups such as Developer, QA, DA, User etc and ensured the Availability of the Database Server in a 24X7 Environment.
- Managed security by defining roles and rights.
- Create functions, procs and packages in Oracle 11g. Working with SQL*Loader
- MS SQL Server 2000/2005/2008 backend programming of stored procedures and queries.
- Daily support, troubleshooting, monitoring, optimization and tuning of server and Sybase environments across entire system, query tuning.
- Working with decrypted data using SFTP server.
- Establish and maintain sound backup and recovery policies and procedures.
- Take care of the Database design and implementation. Implement and maintain database security (create and maintain users and roles, assign privileges) with Active Directory.
- Support of production systems for database problem resolution/recovery, as well as assistance with production applications including Emergency off-hour support Monitoring databases using tools from Quest
- SharePoint and SSRS integration