- Seeking a position to utilize my skills, potentials and abilities in a true professional firm that offers professional growth while being resourceful, innovative and flexible. Keen sense of accountability and willingness to assume full responsibility.
- Developing system applications to coding standards and quality.
- Collaborate with business teams to clarify requirements and business needs.
- Technically manage complex and large scale project efforts in development, maintenance and enhancements of business system applications.
- Collaborate with other developers and architects (when appropriate) to determine optimal solution architecture, efficiency, maintainability, and scalability.
- Complete projects/tasks on a timely basis, according to commitments made to stakeholders and management.
- Develop high - level system narratives, storyboards, and user interface prototypes.
- Develop system test plans, ensure software quality assurance (SQA) standards are achieved, and validate that business goals are accomplished.
- Proactively updated stakeholders and maintain open and courteous communication.
- Report project/task status to the appropriate Application Development Manager on a weekly basis.
- Utilize an object-oriented software lifecycle methodology and serves as a mentor for Application Developers and Associate Application Developers.
- Mentor and coach junior team members.
Languages: Synon, CL/400, RPG IV, RPGILE, Cobol/400.
Database: DB2/400, SQL/400, oracle-9i.
C.M.T: Implementor, Aldon.
Tools: Query/400, QuestView.
Domain: Banking (Money Transfer), HealthCare.
- Requirement analysis and creation of technical design document from the BRD supplied by the customer.
- Creation of estimation document using the work breakdown structure. Providing justification to the business on hours if required.
- Distributing the creation of unit test plan and unit test results document among the junior developers, and reviewing those time to time.
- Reviewing project timelines according to the hours estimated and adhering to it.
- Distribution of coding modules among team members and self, and guiding juniors technically as well as functionally.
- Reviewing the test results documented and re-examining of the same.
- Coordinating with the QA team on the testing of the project.
- Sharing of the health of the project with the business and onsite managers through various trackers.
- Attend weekly meetings with stakeholders on the various changes happening on the project delivery area.
- To gather requirements from the user and create and functional and technical specifications, low-level and high level designs.
- Been through the entire software development life cycle including Requirement gathering, Coding, Testing, Implementation.
- Working on the Change requests, necessary for upgrading the system.
- Replying to Customer issues (Ad-hocs) after thorough analysis in the as400 system
- To analyze the bugs logged onto the system due to irregularities in the batch cycles and fix them.
- Production support - responding to calls received for any MSGW or abnormal end of jobs and fixing it in minimal time.
- Leading a team of freshers (6 members) by guiding them through the application, technically and helping them out during any requests.