- Highly - motivated professional focused on customer satisfaction and results that exceed expectations.
- Established history of providing solutions to complex problems including incident, problem and change management.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver within tight time-constraints and on budget while having soft skills of a senior consultant.
- Detail-oriented and dedicated to excellence. Works well individually or in a team environment.
- Proven communication and interpersonal skills with management, peers, and customers.
- Proficient or familiar with an array of programming languages, concepts and technologies, including:
- Windows, UNIX, Linux (BSD, Redhat, etc), iSeries, ZSeries PostgreSQL, DB2 IBM Tivoli Netcool Core
Confidential, San Diego, CA
- Responsible for rollout of solution to monitor for incidents and map them into problems
- Tool Implemented:
- ITM 6.x solution to upgrade ITM 5.x.
- Deployed application monitoring agents (MS Exchange, Oracle Agent, VMware Agent).
- Integration setup for automated determination of incident into problem management by integrating ITM with Remedy ticketing.
- Change Management responsibilities included custom agent projects including planning, development, and deployment to production.
- Solutions were configured to highly custom situations.
- On call consistently with vendor support to address break/fix situations.
- Managed incident and problems for Data Warehouse solution.
- Typical incidents/problems revolved around including security patches, bug fixes, and other critical updates.
Confidential, Dallas, TX
Senior Tivoli Engineer
- Incident Management Tools
- Deployed, configured, and maintained Tivoli Netcool Omnibus Core (Monitoring Server, Probes, Gateways, WebGUI)
- Deployed, configured, and maintained IBM Tivoli Monitoring (TEMS, TEPS, TDW)
- Deployed, configured, and maintained ITCAM for Internet Service Monitoring
- Deployed, configured, and maintained ITCAM for Applications (Oracle, WebSphere)
- Problem Management Tools
- Maintained customer Impact implementation including updating policies and maintaining Impact data sources
- Managed development and deployment of custom scripts (Perl, Bash, KSH)
- Managed integration with multiple end customer Help Desk solutions and automated translation from Incident to Problem Management including: Remedy, Peregrine, Clarify and others
- Maintained regular communication with customers via weekly teleconferences
- Provided Root Cause Analysis (RCA) for production issues including vendor escalation where necessary
- On Call for Vendor Support to address break/fix situations
- Managed event reporting databases (DB2,MySQL,Oracle)
- Installed software upgrades, as needed, including security patches, bug fixes, and other critical updates.
- Provided 24x7 support for customers
- Remotely assisted customers in diagnosing and troubleshooting software issues.
- Escalated and tracked bug fixes to vendors.
- Tracked hourly work with IBM/Maximo ticketing system.
- Assisted customers in obtaining software and documentation for purchased software.
- Provided 24x7 support for customers.
Confidential, Chicago, IL
- Implemented Tivoli operations management software and BMC software at customer sites.
- Actively participated in determining scope and level of effort required for new projects.
- Advised management and team members of risks associated with technologies and implementation approaches, and identified methods of risk mitigation.
- Assisted in identifying and resolving software and hardware issues throughout implementations.
- Created project handover documentation for customer .
- Worked with management team to develop page structure and layout.
- Developed flash animations and active components for the site.
- Developed a customer feedback cycle to integrate enhancements.