- Solid 7 years in depth IT experience in MS SQL Server 2008 R2/2008/2005 Database Development and Administration in enterprise production environment including server installation, configuration, upgrade, maintenance, performance tuning, client/server connectivity, query optimization, backup/restore, disaster recovery, migration, monitoring, security planning and trouble-shooting high availability related issue.
- Expertise in mentoring and setting up High availability environments like active-active and active-passive clustering, Database Mirroring, Replication Snapshot, merge, transactional , Log shipping With Monitor Server Instance , setting up servers from scratch on clustered environment, Linked servers.
- Experience in identifying the I/O and memory bottle necks, blocking and deadlocks caused by complex queries using SQL Server Activity monitor/profiler, Dynamic Management Views DMV and handling them by implementing better Query Execution plans.
- Handful experience in Installs, deployments, certificate renewals, service accounts resets, add service patches and hot fixes on stand-alone and Cluster Environment and Configuring, performing upgrades / migrations, process job tickets bugs, test verify backups and recovery.
- Strong understanding of components of SQL Server Architecture, Backups, Restore Strategy involving complete database backup/restore and transaction log backup/restore, policy based management.
- Experience in maintaining the security for databases creating logins for users, roles, and assigning permissions to them .
- Proficient with SQL Management Studio, Database Engine Tuning Advisor ,Enterprise Manager, Query Analyzer, Business Intelligence development studio, report builder 2.0, rescheduling jobs with SQL Server Agent, SQL Profiler, SQL Nexus, Perfmon , restoring database using full, differential, and log backups, OLAP, OLTP, trouble shooting.
- Experience in automation of administrative tasks like creating Maintenance plans, creating Jobs, Alerts using SQL Server agent and monitoring and troubleshooting the jobs.
- Responsible for design, setup, installation, and implementation of DB's, data maintenance re-indexing, integrity checks by running DBCC commands, statistics update, log file monitoring , performance tuning fragmentation, compression drive distribution, load balancing, replication , technical documentation and implementation of SQL Server disaster recovery models.
- Provide software build support ongoing assistance with build activities to ensure timely delivery of testing production software builds in a highly software development life cycle process.
- Designed and documented Logical and Physical Data Models.
- Experience in relational database modeling using tools like CA Erwin, Microsoft Visio and Microsoft SQL Server Database Diagrams.
- Experience in Tuning T-SQL Complex Queries, Stored Procedures, UDF'S, triggers, cursors, views, Indexed views and error handling using Try-Catch blocks.
- Comprehensively involved in Migration of Data from Excel, Flat file, Oracle to MS SQL Server by using SSIS, BCP and DTS utility.
- Expertise in Hardware SAN and RAID levels configuration and placement of database files/file groups across different drives.
- Expertise and Interest include Administration, Development, Database Design, Performance Analysis, and Production Support for Large VLDB and Complex Databases.
- Experience in updating Windows Server 2003 to Windows server 2008.
- Experience working with production and 24 x 7 on call environments.
- Good team player, strong interpersonal and communication skills combined with self-motivation, initiative and the ability to think outside the box.
- Database: MS SQL Server 2008 R2/2008/2005, MS Access, MS EXCEL
- Languages/Tools: T-SQL, C, C , JAVA CORE , PL/SQL, SQL Lite Speed, REDGATE, SCOM, IIS 6.0, SSMS, Query Analyzer, SQL Profiler, SQL Nexus, Perfmon, DTS, SSIS, SSRS.
- Operating System: Windows, Win NT 4.0, Win server 2003/2008/ 2008 R2
- System: PC Internals, S/W Installation Internet
- RDP Tools: Remote Network Connection, VPN, Citrix, VNC, Smart Card, FOB, RAS.
- 070-432: Microsoft SQL Server 2008 - Implementation and Maintenance.
- 070-450: Microsoft SQL Server 2005/2008 -Database Design and Optimization.
SQL SERVER DBA
Harley-Davidson Motor Company is an American manufacturer of motorcycles based in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. The company sells heavyweight over 750 cc motorcycles designed for cruising on the highway. This automotive industry has company size of 5001-10,000 employees. They have both the development and production environment, my duties focused on maintaining, and optimizing the existing databases designing and implementing new databases for various projects according to the requirements from clients monitoring database performance and growth, performance tuning, establishing and administering database security in development, testing, and production environment.
- Installed and configured SQL server 2008/2005 on windows 2003 and maintenance of Servers in Production, QA and Development Environment.
- Planned, installed, configured and maintained the SQL Server 2008 in Environment of Active/Active Cluster.
- Project DBA for one of the Tier 1 applications. Activities - Installing/configuring SQL server, patching, troubleshooting, performance tuning.
- Scheduled and monitored all maintenance activities of SQL Server 2000 including database consistency check, and index de-fragmentation by DBDEFRAG and DBREINDEX and statistics updates.
- Performed database/infrastructure physical design, database upgrades from SQL Server 2005 to SQL Server 2008 applied software patches to databases as per application/client requirements.
- Development of automated daily, weekly and monthly system maintenance tasks such as database backup, replication verification, database Mirroring, Log Shipping.
- Monitored database status including CPU, memory, I/O, space, and dead lock issues using SQL Server Utilities.
- Monitoring the event logs and Server error logs, scheduled existing/new jobs for troubleshooting purposes.
- Created, altered/modified and tuned T-SQL Stored Procedures, Complex Queries, views, tables, functions on production environments.
- Extensively worked on SQL Profiler, Perfmon, DMVs, DMFs and DTA for troubleshooting, monitoring, optimization of SQL Server and non-production database code as well as T-SQL code from developers.
- Analyzed and involved in troubleshooting complex problems.
- Performed backup using backup compression and Data compression in SQL Server 2008 on clustered environment and SQL Server 2005 security Audit.
- Extensively worked on Active-Active and Active-Passive Clustering, troubleshooting production issues and making high availability, meeting Service level agreements.
- Implemented database mirroring.
- Installed, authored, and managed reports using SQL Server 2005 Reporting Services
- Used third party tool like Quest lite speed for taking backups and restoring them.
- Created Jobs to Automate Schedule database administrative tasks.
- Created alerts, notifications, and emails for system errors, insufficient resources, fatal database errors, hardware errors, and security breach.
- Worked on all phases of database management with application development team and other vendors to maintain maximum availability.
- Hardware/Software: SQL Server 2000/2005/2008, Windows 2000/NT, Excel, Access, SQL Profiler, Replication, Enterprise Manager, Lite Speed Backup Software, DTS, T-SQL.
SQL SERVER DBA
Cargill is an international producer and marketer of food, agricultural, financial and industrial products and services, serves the global animal feed and production supply chain. Cargill ETM provides a unique combination of physical, financial and commercial know-how in managing supply chains. Headquartered in Geneva, Cargill ETM employs over 1000 people with regional hubs in the Americas Minneapolis, Houston, New Jersey, Sao Paulo , Asia Singapore, Shanghai, Beijing, Mumbai , Africa Johannesburg . GDTS Global database Technical Service team was responsible for the database administration within the Cargill Data Center.
- SQL Server 2000, 2005,2008 Performed installation of SQL Enterprise 2005 64bit version and SQL Enterprise 2005 32bit version, service packs on Windows 2003 servers on Enterprise systems of clustered and standalone servers in enterprise Data Centers.
- Installed SQL Server 2008 for Labs servers for testing purpose
- Succesfully done with Failover cluster testing and resolution on servers as well as monitoring and backup reporting setup with Microsoft Operations Manager and backup teams.
- Created Database Maintenance Planner for the Performance of SQL Server, which covers database Integrity Checks, Update Database Statistics and Re-indexing.
- Executed Change control management on weekly and monthly basis.
- Planned the Complete Backing up of Database and Restored the Database from Disaster Recovery
- Created Clustered and Non Clustered Indexes on tables, views, and columns
- Configured Server for sending automatic mails to the respective people when a SQL Job is failed, log files are grown beyond the predefined limit, or free space of the hard disks fall below the threshold limit.
- Actively involved in System Performance by tuning SQL queries and stored procedures by using SQL Profiler, Database Engine Tuning Advisor and Windows performance monitor.
- Deployed the databases into the production server clustered environment.
- Optimize Server Performance by Configuring Virtual Memory and Server tasking.
- Monitoring the system bottlenecks - CPU, RAM, Disk IO and Networking using performance counters, alerts.
- Involved in database backup, recovery and restoration
- Actively involved in SQL Server Replication for copying and distributing data and database objects from one database to another and then synchronizing between databases to maintain consistency.
- Actively involved in Merge Replication designed for mobile applications or distributed server applications that have possible data conflicts.
- Worked on Snapshot replication to overwrite the database at the subscriber or in updating the initial database replication
- Capacity Planning - Analyzed the Database Growth and reported future space requirements.
- Closely worked with client services and development team for analysis of client requirement and worked with development team to configure those changes into database management configuration.
- Worked on translating business and application requirements into database environment configurations according to ITIL recommendation.
- Security Management - Handling Roles, Users, Logins and granting the Rights
- Hardware/Software: Microsoft SQL Server 2005/2008, MS Windows Server 2003/2008, Visual Studio, T-SQL, XML and SQL Profiler.
SQL SERVER DBA
Snap-on Incorporated Snap-on is a manufacturer and marketer of tools, equipment, diagnostics, and repair information and systems solutions for professional users. Snap-on's products and services include hand and power tools, tool storage, diagnostics software, information and management systems, shop equipment and other solutions for vehicle dealerships and repair centers, as well as customers in industries, including aviation, aerospace, agriculture, construction, Government and military, mining, natural resources and power generation.
- Involved in installation, configuration, and up gradation of MS SQL Server 2000/2005/2008 servers.
- Involved in Data modeling, designing and building Relational Databases using Tools like Erwin and SQL Database Diagrams.
- Performed huge data transfers between various servers using BCP and Environment Migrations, Backing up and Archiving Data for various business requests.
- Heavily involved in writing stored procedures with complex logic for both Reporting needs and DBA Script libraries.
- Security Administration by creating user logins with appropriate roles, dropping and locking the logins, monitoring the user accounts, creation of groups, granted privileges to users and groups.
- Running Index tuning wizard and rebuilding indexes Clustered/Non Clustered for faster query response.
- Worked On SQL Replication For Load Balancing.
- Actively Involved in SQL Replication in sharing the access load between several databases servers having identical databases.
- Worked with Transactional Replication where data changes frequently and need for constant refreshing of the data.
- Worked on performance tuning, Query Optimization and increasing the performance of store procedures by looking into the execution plan, Indexes, Outdated Statistics, Optimizer Hints, and Partitioned Views etc.
- Maintained Operators, Categories, Alerts, Notifications, Jobs, Job Steps and Schedules as well as Monitored Connections, locks and Performance of SQL server.
- Involved in Configuring and Monitoring SQL Server clustering and SQL Server Transactional Replication for reporting capabilities
- Good knowledge of System Development Life Cycle SDLC .
- Heavily involved and responsible for development of Reports using SSRS and populating the Warehouse data using SSIS.
- Worked and responsible for design, implementation and enhancement of ETL jobs
- Involved in design and development of large reports with different features such as drop downs, hidden parameters, and drill through depending on the requirement.
- Created various reports like charts, sub reports, graphs and scheduled these reports using windows task scheduler to run on daily, weekly and monthly basis.
- Create and support reporting data mart, which includes tables, views, cubes and dimensions, as well as necessary infrastructure to support pre-built reports.
- Develop metadata models, schemas and views to support user-defined reports.
- 24/7 Production support for SQL Server databases
- Performed documentation for capacity usage factor data validations and work summary for capacity usage factor calculations.
Hardware Software: Windows 2003 Advanced Server, MS SQL Server 2000/2005, TSQL, SQL lite Speed, Visual basic 6.0.
SQL SERVER DBA/Developer
This system speeds up on-line order processing, streamline functions such as customer quotations, pricing and order processing, acknowledgement handling and invoicing. It provides effective accounts management, rapid customer order processing and timely customer order delivery, which in turn help to improve customer service. The main modules of the application are Accounting management, Customer Order processing COP , and Shipping Distributions.
- Involved in requirement gathering, analysis, design, development, change management, deployment and user training.
- Installed and configured SQL Server 2000 successfully.
- Created a Baseline for migrating from SQL Server 2000 to SQL Server 2005
- Login and user management: Adding logins, roles, groups to the Window NT and MS SQL Server and maintaining proper security procedure.
- Database configuration including instance and database creation, database sizing, file placement, specification of storage media.
- Creation and configuration of database objects such as tables, indexes, sequences, procedures, functions and triggers.
- Writing and tuning of database resident code such as procedures, functions, triggers and views for consistent enforcement of rules.
- Database logical and physical design file groups, segments and data files.
- Utilized tuning tools such as Perfmon, Trace files, Sql profiler, and Query analyzer to diagnose performance issues and tune the database.
- Design and develop backup and restore plans and procedures for backup, full and incremental backups.
- Utilized import and export utilities to supplement backup and recovery routines.
- Scheduled and monitored all maintenance activities including database consistency check and index de-fragmentation.
- Developed and implemented security plan used to monitor and restrict database access.
- Provided on-call services after hour and weekends.
Hardware Software: SQL Server 7.0/2000/2005, T-SQL, Enterprise Manager, Query Analyzer, Windows 2000 Server, MS Office 2000, Crystal Reports.