Seeking a professional and challenging career in Leading, Administering, Designing, Developing, Loading, and Reporting on SQL Server/Oracle databases and SharePoint.
- 8 years of experience in administering various aspects of SQL Server databases using SQL Server 2005/2008/2012 , Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio and developing and deploying SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) packages, SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) reports, and SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS) cube deployments.
- 10 years of experience in the areas of database analysis, design and development and administration using Oracle 10g, 9i, 8i, 7.x, SQL*PLUS 9.x, 8.x, 3.x and PL/SQL 8.x, 2.x, DBArtisan 7.x.
- 4 years of experience in administering Microsoft SharePoint 2010 and Microsoft BizTalk 2010 Administration.
- 5 years of leading and managing data integration project involving data from various databases ranging from Sybase, Informix, MS SQL Server, and Lotus Notes into an Oracle database using ETL tools such as Informatica PowerCenter Designer and Server Manager 1.7, SQL*Loader, and SQL Server 2000 DTS.
- 6 years of experience in Data Modeling with Designer6i/2000 and Erwin.
- 2+ years of experience in developing custom reports using Crystal Reports 7.x, 5.0.
- 2+ years of experience in developing adhoc reports for 4 Wireless Telecommunication Companies (Pacific Bell Mobile Services, Aerial Communications, Powertel, and Confidential ) using Customer Care and Billing System called BSCS - Business Support and Control Systems 4.x and 5.x and Developer/2000 Reports 2.5/3.0.
- 1+ years of experience with Data Warehousing tools such as Cognos Impromptu 6.0, PowerPlay 6.6, Transformer 6.6, and Scheduler 6.0.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong ability and motivation to quickly learn and adapt to latest changes.
Operating systems: HP-UNIX, Windows 3.11, Windows 95, Windows NT, Windows 2000, Windows Server 2008 R2, DOS
Billing Systems: UniBill based on AS/400, Customer Care and Billing System (BSCS-Business Support & Control Systems) 4.x and 5.x, Arbor 9.1.7, Eastland 2.26
Software: Microsoft Visual Studio 2008, SQL Fragmentation Analyzer, Embarcadero DBArtisan 7.x, Oracle Enterprise Manager (OEM), Designer 6i, Designer/2000, SQL, PL/SQL 8.0, SQL*Loader, Informatica PowerCenter Designer and Server Manager 1.7, Microsoft Visual SourceSafe 6.0, Crystal Reports 7.x, 5.0, Developer/2000 (Oracle Forms 4.5, Oracle Reports 2.5 and 3.0), Cognos Business Intelligence Impromptu 6.0, PowerPlay 6.6, Transformer 6.6, and Scheduler 6.0, ERWin
DBMS: Microsoft SQL Server 2000/2005/2008 , Oracle 10g, 9i, 8i and 7.x, Sybase 11.x, Informix, and MS Access
Senior Database Administrator
Confidential, Carrollton, TX
- Administered various SQL Server databases supporting Friday’s back office system, Sailor, and then MenuLink. Involved in various DBA tasks, viz.
- Create new SQL Instances, new databases, Database Backup/Restore, Export/Import, Database Migration, Failover/Failback cluster management, Moving indexes to new filegroup
- Create Local Publications, Subscriptions and reinitialize subscriptions as required for Replication, Change Disk drive from MBR(Master Boot Record) to GPT (GUID Partitioned Table)
- Setup Encrypt/Decrypt customer sensitive info, Rebuild/Reorganize Indexes, Refresh tables/databases in DEV/QA with data from PRODUCTION, Created Maintenance Plans, Setup SMTP Mail, Bring Databases Online/Offline, Detach and Shrink logs as required.
- Responsible for upgrading SQL Server 2005 and 2008 databases to SQL Server 2012 in DEV and QA.
- Migrated Database Mirroring to AlwaysOn Availability Groups.
- Created Linked Servers to access data across servers. Created SQL jobs and schedule them as needed.
- Provided 24/7 support. Involved in Release Management, User Access Control, and Deployment of various software releases to DEV/QA/PRODUCTION.
- Involved in creating SSIS packages and SSRS reports as needed.
- Responsible for SSRS Cube deployments in QA and PROD.
- Administers, maintains, develops and implement policies and procedures for ensuring the security and integrity of the company 2 TB Oracle Data Warehouse, and several databases. Implements data models and database designs, data access, and table maintenance codes, resolves database performance issues, database capacity issues, monitor tablespaces and indexes, automate script execution, monitor daily cronjobs execution, refreshing dev/qa databases, 24x7 production support, backups and recovery, troubleshooting, and other distributed data issues.
- Responsible for upgrading Pickup Stix back office system, Crunchtime, database from 9i to 10g and moving database platforms from UNIX to Windows.
- Several ETL processes for loading legacy systems data into Oracle Data Warehouse were created using SQL*Loader, PL/SQL, and Microsoft DTS packages. Supported and installed software applications. Also supported QA team in their testing process.
- Provided and technical support for customers and peers. Consistently get high praises from the user community and peers.
- Responsible for Deployment of various BizTalk server releases, Deployment of MSI and Bindings, Managing Orchestations, Send Ports, and Receive Locations, Follow up BizTalk deployment errors.
Environment: Microsoft BizTalk Server 2010 Administration.
Senior Systems Analyst
Confidential, Carrollton, TX
- Install, configure, and maintain databases for production, development, and staging environments on a UNIX platform.
- Diagnose and resolve the performance issues in various production environments.
- Monitor the execution times and improved the performance of various stored procedure.
- Involved in RMC (Remote Management Center) project which will evaluate and outline a strategy to consolidate datacenters, servers, and storage infrastructure globally there by increasing efficiency, increased levels of service, and reduced total cost of ownership (TCO).
- Responsible for creating the RMC database in Oracle based on the information collected either by Excel spreadsheets or by physical datacenter visits in different location in USA, Canada, and Mexico.
- Created various scripts to upload the data from the excel spreadsheets into the database using SQL*Loader.
- Also responsible for cleaning up the data using Oracle SQL and generating various reports depending on the customer requirements.
- Also created an MS Access database for RMC using ODBC.
Environment: HP-UNIX, Oracle 9i, SQL*PLUS 9.x, SQL*Loader 9.0, PuTTY Release 0.58 (A Free Telnet/SSH Client), WinSCP Version 3.7.6 (an open source freeware SFTP client for Windows using Secure Shell), MS Access
Confidential, Herndon, VA
- Lead the analysis, design, development, load, and upgrade, reporting of Customer Data Integration ( Confidential ) project, which integrates different operational data stores based in Informix, Lotus Notes, MS SQL Server, Sybase, and Oracle.
- Responsible for logical and physical data modeling, creating ER diagrams, and ddl using Erwin and a snapshot of data from different source systems were extracted, transformed, and loaded into these staging tables using Informatica / SQL*Loader and applied various business rules (Stored Procedures, Functions, Packages etc) before updating the operational data store (ODS) tables.
- Responsible for conducting weekly status meetings, following up on the action items, assigning tasks to the group members, reporting the progress of the project to the upper management etc.
- Also responsible for upgrading Confidential software as par the source system upgrades (upgraded Sybase based Eastland from 2.16 through 2.26, and Informix based ConnectVu from 5ESS to 7.1.1). Involved in SQL Tuning using TKPROF and Explain Plan.
- Also Responsible for unit, integration, and user acceptance testing of Confidential software.
- Changes were documented and Version controlled using Visual Source Safe.
- Responsible for the implementation, support, maintenance, and monitor Production/Development/Test databases in a corporate architecture.
- Some of the responsibilities include creating and modifying production databases in response to change control requests, space allocation, growth monitoring and notification, backups and restores of production databases on fixed schedule and on demand using Oracle RMAN, export/extract data from databases and perform bulk loading of data, SQL tuning, user access control, permission grants, new user setup and install and upgrade software, track application DDL versions and review for efficiency, standards adherence, participate in application project planning and provide project status to management, provide upgrade planning for all databases, schedule upgrades/necessary patches and execute, provide 24x7 production support.
- Responsible for creating sources, targets, mappings, sessions, and batches needed for loading the Teoco and Remedy data into Oracle tables using an ETL (Extracting, Transforming, and Loading) tool - Informatica PowerCenter.
- Added more mappings and sessions for the Arbor BP, Arbor OM, and Eastland tables during their upgrades. Also involved in replacing Informatica with SQL*Loader which saved lot of money to the company in licensing fees. Involved in writing Korn Shell scripts to automate the loading process to staging tables.
- Responsible for initial analysis, design, and writing stored procedures to check the validity of MPower customers’ data before migrating into our corporate Order Management system.
- The external data in flat files were initially loaded into SQL Server for analysis. DTS (Data Transformation Services) jobs were created and scheduled weekly to load these files into SQL Server. Responsible for converting Sybase based adhoc reports to a SQL Server based crystal reports using Seagate Info Report Designer.
- Also responsible for complete and differential database backups and restore of Special Access Biller based in SQL Server.
- Also responsible for creation of Impromptu reports for Senior Executives based on the catalog created from the Confidential tables.
- Created list & crosstab reports with Sub-Reports and Drill-Through functionality.
- Scheduler was used to automate the Impromptu reports. Also designed and developed Impromptu queries necessary to populate PowerPlay cubes based on products and sales of Confidential .
- Created dimensions and measures to transform the data into Power Cubes in accordance with the requirements.
- Involved in developing web based Customer Profile Application using Microsoft Visual Studio .NET and visual C# .NET. This system helps the users to see a snapshot of all customers’ information across all major applications in the company that includes Customers Order info, Circuits info, Telephone Number Inventory info, Trouble Tickets info, Billing info etc. Kabira’s Object Switch (Infobus) writes an adapter to different systems to pull the customers info and returns an XML document which will be parsed and displayed in the Customer Profile Application.
Environment: HP-UNIX, Windows 2000, Embarcadero DBArtisan Professional 7.x, Oracle Enterprise Manager (OEM), Oracle 9i, 8i, PL/SQL 8.0, Veritas Cluster Server, ErWin, SQL*Loader 9.0, Sybase 11.x, Informix, Informatica PowerCenter Designer and Server Manager 1.7, Designer/2000, Designer 6i, Microsoft SQL Server 2000, Seagate Crystal Reports 7.x, Cognos Impromptu 6.0, PowerPlay 6.6, Transformer 6.6, and Scheduler 6.0, Sybase 11.x, Informix, Microsoft Visual Studio .NET and Visual C# .NET, MS Excel, Microsoft Visual SourceSafe 6.0
Confidential, McLean, VA
- Involved in initial analysis, design and development of Confidential project, which integrates different operational data stores.
- Responsible for logical and physical data modeling, create ddl using Designer/2000 and bringing Sybase tables (Arbor BP, Arbor OM, Eastland), and Informix tables (ConnectVu) data into these Oracle tables, writing stored procedures and packages using PL/SQL to integrate them.
- Involved in writing Korn Shell scripts to automate the loading process to staging tables on a weekly basis and is then checked against the working data store for that database.
- Specific business rules were applied prior to updating the tables.
- The data which violate these rules result in action items specific to each table.
- Also involved in SQL Tuning using TKPROF and Explain Plan.
- Responsible for testing the Confidential software for acceptance which includes creating and populating test tables with test data sets, writing test cases and verifying the logs for correctness of software. Also responsible for writing the documentation. Visual SourceSafe was used for version control.
Environment: Windows NT, UNIX, Oracle 8.0, SQL*PLUS 8.0, PL/SQL 8.0, Sybase 11.x, Informix, Informatica PowerCenter Designer and Server Manager 1.7, Designer/2000, SQL*Loader 8.0, Microsoft Visual SourceSafe 6.0
Confidential, Vienna, VA
- Involved in initial analysis, gathering requirements, designing and developing and maintenance of reports for Confidential
- These reports were customized and generated using BSCS 5.0 and Developer/2000 Reports 3.0.
- Also involved in documentation of these reports.
Environment: Windows NT, BSCS 5.0, Oracle 7.3, SQL*PLUS 3.3, PL/SQL 2.3, Reports 3.0
- Supported PBMS in an off site project that involves designing and developing stored procedures using PL/SQL to fix the Confidential .
- As PBMS moved to SMR 12 recently, there seems to be a bug in Confidential that affected numerous customers during the rating cycle. Apparently, the GMT was off by 8 hours thus rating calls in the wrong tariff time.
- Also involved in designing and developing a stored procedure for Resale Threshold MOU report. This report counts the number of subscribers that has incoming calls, outgoing calls, local calls and long distance calls based on total MOU and total peak MOU of different ranges.
Environment: Windows 95, BSCS 4.2, Oracle 7.3, SQL*PLUS 3.3, PL/SQL 2.3.