Results - oriented, IT professional with solid analytical, design, development, and interpersonal skills. Excels at handling multiple projects, collaborating with project teams, interfacing with business partners, and deploying technology to build successful solutions for clients. Ensures projects remain within scope and on time through all phases of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC). Consistently produces measurable results.
Languages: COBOL II, CICS, CA Gen7.6 (Coolgen), VSAM, File-Aid, File-Marvel, SYNCSORT, Zeke, JCL & Utilities, Visual Basic (VB), Object Oriented Concepts
Databases: DB2, SQL, IMS, VSAM, IDMS/ADSO
Software: WINSQL, SPUFI, QMF, Xpediter, Intertest, Microfocus, MQ Series, File-Aid, TSO/ISPF, VM/CVS, Panvalet, MVS, DATAVAN, PVCS (Version Control), SDSF, Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, VISIO, Lotus Notes 8.5
Operating Systems: ZOS, MVS, Windows XP
Confidential, Warren, NJ
Developer and Systems Analyst
- Responsible for development, design, testing and user interface of Client, Policy, Billing, and Profit & Loss System.
- Designed developed and enhanced the application utilizing DB2, COBOL, CICS, IMS, CA Gen, Telon, VB, and MQ Series.
- In addition troubleshot and resolved issues real time to maintain systems availability and establish strong business relationships.
- Collaborated with business partners on all phases of SDLC to discuss project scope, build, test plan, and deployment strategies.
- Investigated and analyzed premiums understated on 2.8 million policies. Developed tracking program to identify impacts, build input feeds, and generated 15 year break even analysis report. Created project plan with time estimates, roles and responsibilities, and status to management.
- Conceptualized, designed and developed a new CICS, COBOL and DB2 transaction with MQ series for Policy Transfers.
- Heavily involved in the analysis, design, development, integration testing and implementation.
- Composed, coordinated, and managed implementation of large releases, ensuring smooth and seamless code migration.
- Diligently prepared pre-release documents to weed erroneous factors to mitigate risk which reduced Change Management effort by 70%.
- Instrumental in creating data sync processes that met Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) compliance for synchronizing IMS and DB2 databases to maintain data integrity and relationships.
- Redesigned templates for Loss Control system and integrated reports into a central data repository.
- Implemented audit tracking SQL queries in the Production Test environment to support debugging of problems with Client and Policy Systems, reducing rework and increased time savings by 40%.
- Created reusable data validation process for Business Intelligence project cleansing 2 million policies to attain a defect free data load. Extensively involved in technical analysis, data design, walkthru, test plan creation, problem resolution, and deployment planning.
- Organized and streamlined 50+ JCL jobs into one network interface of 20 jobs for Policy to Client Synchronization project. Setup Zeke variables and dependencies that reduced run time by 65%, increased efficiency and resource time. Consolidated domestic and international jobs in Zeke, using JCL procedures, established variables and schedules to support daily, monthly and year-end process for financial systems.
Confidential, Edison, NJ
- Estimated project plans, created flowcharts using VISIO, established batch interfaces to generate valid purchase orders, measurement reports for auditing and vendor reconciliation.
- Automated order entry system for perishables to process orders for multiple delivery dates with a single execution which increased efficiency and eliminated manual intervention and redundancies.
- Developed online CICS, COBOL, DB2 application for Forecast and Replenish Inventory and Purchase Orders Systems, and displayed profile graphs of movement of items on weekly indices, enabling profiles of new items. Built transient data queues of obsolete and seasonal items to maintain integrity and process flow of specific items.
- Managed Y2K conversion of Inventory and Purchase order applications using File-Aid, File-Marvel and Xpediter as testing tools for batch processes using JCL and utilities.
Confidential, Roseland, NJ
Associate Programmer Analyst
- Designed, developed, implemented CICS, COBOL II programs of the General Calculation System that feeds quotations of surrender, load, investment and withdrawal disbursement values to several Individual Life applications and New Business Term Conversion System that support insurance agents and field offices.
- Developed and documented training procedures, JCL, systems and databases for customer support.
- Converted several applications from PRUCOBOL to COBOL II, focusing on project life cycle from analysis through deployment, and troubleshoot storage violations using Eyewitness.
Confidential, Secaucus, NJ
- Performed program analysis, code, test and debug several telecommunication Rating, Billing, and Accounting systems utilizing OS/MVS, JCL, COBOL, VSAM, IDMS, ADSO, and SYNCSORT.
- Migrated numerous systems from DOS to OS/MVS required heavy user interfaces, wrote project specifications, created test procedures and documentation.