- Accomplished Information Technologist and proven problem solver with 10+ years of experience, seeking senior level position with leadership potential involving architecting, maintaining, developing, and creating modern systems using database technology.
- Managed three teams of database administrators and one application support team, coordinated projects with other teams, managed customer Service Level Agreements, wrote database policies and standards, and planned budget and projects.
- Managed two teams of Database Administrators supporting Oracle, SQL Server, DB2 and Postgresql databases for 20+ applications supporting over forty of Confidential customers.
- Managed one team of Database Administrators supporting 10+ applications, managed vendor relationships, managed database projects, conducted performance feedback and reviews, and mentored other team members.
- Annually decreased the frequency of team critical and high incidents by more than 50% by improving monitoring and alerting; working with application teams to improve testing and deployment methods; automating redundant changes; and standardizing maintenance procedures.
- Annually decreased the duration of customer impacting incidents by 30% through more testing; improved documentation for fail - over procedures; standardizing build, and setup and maintenance scripts used for databases.
- Transitioned support of over 100 SQL Server databases that serviced over 20 companies from the New Jersey support team to our teams and decreased the number of incidents by 80% over the previous year.
- Integrated logins to database monitoring tools with Active Directory and trained application support teams on meaningful metrics to help identify database or application issues; led to performance improvements in applications, and faster incident identification and resolution.
- Successfully migrated both teams from Waterfall methodology to Agile methodology for development and infrastructure projects; completed over thirty team projects during the last quarter of last year.
- Budgeted, planned, and scheduled Oracle 12C class for 15 production and development DBAs, while still supporting on-call and project work; saved 65% of the cost by hosting the training in the Denver office with the Oracle Instructor on-site .
- Coordinated specific database parameter changes and patching with Confidential customers that resolved Oracle System Change Number issues that could have caused an industry wide database outage.
- Reduced global database team wireless budget by 25% by reviewing bills and converting to cellular plans that offered more necessary services for less money and reducing the amount for features that were not needed.
- Documented and recommended changes to an intensive and time- consuming application release process that took several days and nights of database administrator resources each quarter; coordinated with development teams; implement ed changes to release wo r k that decreased the process to hours instead of days.
- Established global teams to provide off-hours support for our DBA teams.
Database Administration: Oracle (10+ years), SQL Server (10+ years), MS Access (10+ years).
Server Administration: dynix/ptx (1+ years), DGUX (5+ years), AIX (2+ years), Solaris (3+ years), Linux (1+ years)., Windows server administration for (4+ years), Windows desktop administration (2+ years).
Application Tools: Oracle Application Express/PL/SQL Cartridge (4+ years), Oracle Forms and Reports (8+ years), MS Access Forms and Reports (2+ years), Power Builder (1+ years), Business Objects (1+ years).
Programming Tools: PL/SQL (10+ years), TSQL (4+ years), sed, awk, Bourne Shell and Korn Shell scripts (10+ years), COBOL (4+ years)· PERL (7+ years), VB (1+ years).
Design Tools: Oracle Designer/CASE Method (10+ Years), ERwin (2+ years), Visio (1+ years).
Other software implemented or supported: Remedy (5+ years), PVCS (5+ years), SQL Server Management Studio (5+ years), Oracle Enterprise Manager (5+ years), Oracle BI Reporting (2+ years), Informatica (2+ years).
Confidential, Denver, CO
- Wrote policies and standards, managed projects, conducted performance reviews, kept team informed of company information, and mentored database teams.
Database Team Lead
- Supported highly scalable, redundant and compliant databases: HIPAA, PCI, SOX, SSAE16.
- Built out infrastructure to support databases for 60+ customer databases including monitoring, backups, data archiving and purging, tape retention, and vaulting per customer contracts and application requirements.
- Provided capacity and growth projections for existing customers and new projects.
- Mentored team members.
- Designed, setup, managed, patched and maintained servers, databases, and related software.