Certified DB2 9 DBA for Linux, UNIX and Windows with over fifteen years experience involving 1) DB2 database development, administration, data architecture and modeling, implementation, extensive performance tuning, deep troubleshooting, high availability including HADR, SQL coding and shell scripting in development and production environments on UNIX, Linux and Windows, 2) Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL and Informix database administration and support on Linux, UNIX and Windows, 3) Participation in large - scale data warehouse development projects, 4) Development and documentation of repeatable, customized processes for database management, software development, change management and enterprise data flows from source to executive dashboard.
- Database/warehouse design, development, implementation, administration and support
- DB2 High Availability, HADR, Backup, Restore
- Deep performance analysis and tuning
- Deep troubleshooting and problem solving
- Technical and organizational process design, documentation and implementation
- Face-to-face communications, presentations, training and technical documentation
Databases: DB2, Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL, Informix
Platforms: AIX, Linux, Solaris, HP-UX, Windows
Tools: Optim Performance Manager, DB2 Workload Manager, Optim Database Administrator, Control-M, BMC Performance Assurance Console, ERWin, Toad, HP Perceiver, IBM Data Studio
Languages: SQL, PL/SQL, Ksh, Perl, Bash, Csh
Lead DB2 DBA
- Focal point for DB2 9.7.7 in a PeopleSoft implementation project in an AIX 7.1 environment.
- Working closely with the Project Manager, PeopleSoft Specialists, Systems Administrators and Storage Management Specialists to produce an outstanding solution for the customer. Completely responsible for all databases in the development, test and production environments to include database replication, automation, backups, restores, performance improvement and patching.
- Utilized TSM for backups, restores, and archive log storage and as well. Quite familiar with Data Studio.
- Regularly moved databases from one to another as well as to databases on other servers.
- Automated many tasks using KSH and am a creative problem solver, keeping my eyes on the horizon for solutions and being proactive.
DB2 DBA and System Analyst
- Provided DBA support for Production, Development and Test environments for enterprise-wide initiatives.
- Support included system monitoring during performance testing for new systems in Development, Test and Production.
- Performed backups, reorgs, runstats, performance reports etc. for Production systems.
- Developed performance monitoring scripts including metrics, health-check scripts and maintenance scripts for databases.
- Environment consisted of very large transactional and reporting databases on DB2 9.7.4 on AIX 6.1.
- Tools included IBM InfoSphere Optim Performance Manager 5.1.1, BMC Remedy Mid-Tier 7.5.
DB2 Lead DBA and System Architect
- Produced the definitive DB2 technical design and implementation document for migrating two multi-terabyte OLTP application databases on DB2 for z/OS 8.1 to DB2 LUW 9.7 on Widows Server 2008 in a clustered environment with HADR connectivity to a remote Disaster Recovery site.
- Coordinated activities with off-shore DBAs, client architects and implementation teams.
- Pre-implementation testing showed a 300% improvement in application speed.
DB2 Database Performance Analyst
- providing early-engagement consulting for new projects, deep-dive analysis of performance and availability issues, performance consulting to project teams, service level managers and DBAs. Implementing new methods of resource management and scheduling to include Optim Performance Manager, DB2 Workload Manager and Control-M in a large rapidly-growing distributed (DPF) business intelligence data warehouse serving many areas of the business such as Agency, Claims, Policy, Marketing and Legal.
- Monitoring large-scale data migrations and conversions as well as many large applications running in a highly-utilized production environment utilizing HADR.
- Identifying problem applications and SQL and working with teams to improve them.
- Built and maintained DB2 9.7 databases on Linux and AIX for several major IT initiatives involving small development to very large production environments.
- Installed and upgraded servers, performed performance analysis, recommendations and implementation.
- Worked with project managers, DBAs, developers, IBM staff, administrators and end users to implement new systems, improve existing systems and troubleshoot problems.
- Environment included complex stored procedures, HADR, table range partitioning, automated data roll-ins and roll-outs, rapidly changing requirements, creative problem solving.
- Providing advanced DB2 9.7 expertise to clients to include extensive performance tuning, deep troubleshooting, data storage architecture and re-engineering, I/O strategy, SQL analysis and tuning, memory allocation and architecture.
- Supported clients needing advanced DB2 9.5 expertise for ERP applications involving installation, upgrades, migration, replication, high-availability, backup strategy, extensive performance monitoring and tuning, deep troubleshooting, growth management, SQL analysis and tuning, I/O strategy, memory allocation and architecture, lock management, maintenance strategy, system baselining and testing.
- maintained numerous internal development and production databases in DB2 9.1 ranging in size up to 150+ Terabytes to include scheduling and executing backups, data reorganization, updating database statistics, creating new data segments, repairing damaged segments, allocating new storage, creating, modifying and dropping database objects, data roll-ins and roll-outs, creating new databases and migrating existing databases to newer versions of enterprise applications.
- Designed and built hybrid OLAP/OLTP data warehouse from the ground up on DB2 9.1 in a stand-alone Linux server environment, then migrated the servers (Development, QA and Production) to VMware.
- Worked closely with business analysts, developers and ETL specialists to develop a cutting edge web-based data warehouse, data analysis/reporting and online assessment application serving the education sector. Implemented and maintained the application database logical and physical models using ERWin.
- Implemented HADR, MQTs, table partitioning, backup, recovery, redirected restores, triggers and stored procedures.
- Performed extensive SQL analysis, load testing, optimized database configurations and indexing strategies.
- Moved data from business partner’s MySQL database to and from core DB2 databases as well as performing MySQL backups and maintenance.