- Confidential has over 35 years of technical data processing experience in the support and maintenance of various production computer systems.
- He has worked closely with users, management, and staff to meet various requirements: designing and coding new and enhanced functionality according to business requirements, resolving technical issues, and providing high quality business and system support.
- He has managed tasks; supervised and trained personnel; analyzed requirements; developed specs, standards, and procedures; provided testing support; performed IV&V.
- He has supported a wide variety of clients.
- He has experience with application development, COBOL, Datacom, Dimensions, EDI, FTP, IBM mainframe utilities, CICS, Intertest, JCL, Librarian, Excel, Word, Windows 2000, 95, 98, NT, MS DOS, requirements analysis, software analysis, supervisory skills, technical training, user interface design, Agile methodology.
HIS FUNCTIONAL AND TECHNICAL SKILLS INCLUDE:
Application Development: EDI Development and Support, Hardware, Software, and Equipment Acquisition, Installation and Maintenance
Training: Operations and Management Support, Software Analysis, Task Management, Requirements Analysis, IV&V and Testing Support
Standards and Specifications Development: COBOL, COBOL II, Agile methodology
Dimensions: HTML, SQL (Easytrieve, Dataquery, SAS), File - Aid, Intertest, TSO/ISPF, Roscoe, Microsoft Word, Excel, WordPerfect, Microsoft Office (various)
Sterling (EDI interface software): Datacom D/B, VSAM, MQ, TSQ
Confidential, Chantilly, VA
Senior COBOL Software Engineer
- Supported DHS contract to migrate existing Confidential COBOL programs from Datacom DB to Oracle using Tuxedo/ART Workbench.
- Work was performed as a member of an Agile team, providing expertise in inventory analysis, migration process development support, code migration, and code management.
- Attended and participated in all Scrum meetings including the Daily Standup, Backlog Grooming, Sprint Planning, Sprint Retrospective and Sprint Review.
- Worked with team members to help estimate Stories and help Product Owner better define acceptance criteria.
- Provided input to Product Owner for possible new Stories for the Product Backlog.
- Provided tasks and estimated hours to complete those tasks.
- Participated in cross-functional training to improve the team’s ability to manage workload.
Confidential, Springfield and McLean, VA
- COBOL/Datacom DB program development, system and program analysis, and maintenance support on the Confidential border crossing enforcement mainframe computer system.
Confidential, Rockville, MD
- Programming, analysis, and maintenance of various portions of the Confidential mainframe financial grant and loan system, including user interface and testing support, and data development support during a COBOL/ADABAS to ORACLE conversion.
Confidential, Rosslyn, VA
Sr. Systems Analyst
- COBOL/VSAM program analysis, maintenance, testing support, and technical issue resolution on the Confidential 's mainframe payroll system.
Confidential, Germantown, MD
Sr. Analyst / Technical Lead
- Served as tech lead on analysis, modification, and Q/A for Y2K date conversion and IV&V projects.
- Technical personnel supervision, personnel training, Y2K conversion and QA standards and procedures development, and technical support to customers and in-house management.
Confidential, Frederick, MD
Programmer / Analyst
- Program maintenance and development support for various mortgage sub-systems.
- As the lead in an EDI software upgrade, performed EDI interface program maintenance and development, in-house user training and support on EDI, and EDI transaction validation and verification.
Confidential, Fairfax, VA
Programmer / Analyst
- Developed COBOL programs in support of the Confidential Systems.
Confidential, Washington, DC
Programmer / Analyst
- Performed a requirements analysis of the Office of Personnel Management's procurement system to define EDI data elements and transaction sets for their planned ANSI X12 EDI procurement system, designed and developed data extract and interface programs, batch reporting programs for incoming vendor responses, and modified existing programs for any required EDI interface.