- System Software Specialist experienced in software installation, upgrades, and applying fixes.
- Experienced in writing, developing and implementing test and verification plans, that involved software installs and upgrades.
- Responsible for keeping the online systems available for SLA requirements.
- Known for solving problems which helped software developers reduce debugging time.
- Applied and supported CICS TS upgrades moving them through testing, quality assurance and production cycles.
- Installed MQ and Web resource functions into the CICS environments.
- Monitored and supported from 18 to 26 online Regions.
- Installed and implemented journal recovery application for the both online and batch processing.
- Assisted Developers with dumps and traces when they were Researching application Problems.
- Upgraded and monitored the Application software inventory system. This was done using CA ENDEVOR software package.
- Wrote programs using SAS that Generate Reports to monitor, CPU usage, storage space utilization, and online transaction activities.
- Designed and coded application programs for Fuel Management Company. Also developed and wrote callable I/O Routines to access all master files used by card processing system. These Routines were written in such a way that we could easily convert system to Relational Data Base
- Maintained online testing environment used by the software development staff. The testing environment was installed in pc and ran CA Realia Work Bench software.
- Wrote coded, and tested telephone inquiry systems for interactive voice hardware.
LANGUAGES: COBOL, REXX, ALC, SAS, CA EASYTREVE, TSO, MVSJCL, Visual Basic
PLATFORMS: Z/OS MVS, VM, DOS/vse, Microsoft Windows 95/98/2000/XP Windows 7
APPLICATIONS: CICS TS, SMP/e, CA1, CA7, CA11, CA ENDEVOR, MQ, CA FileSave, CICS CEMT, Batch CEMT, SYSB, CA HYPER BUF
TOOLS: XPEDITE, FileAid, AbendAid, Strobe, QuickRef, Mapr II, Menu II plus, MainView CICS, INTERTEST
Confidential, North Richland Hills, Texas
System Software Specialist
- Downloaded and installed application and product software.
- Used SMP/e to Receive, Apply and Accept products.
- Helped Developers with new features of products after upgrades.
- Assisted developers research new application concepts.
Confidential, Fort Worth, Tx
Software Development Support Specialist
- Designed, Coded, Tested, Implemented Software Applications. One of the applications processed Debit cards, in real time.
- This system ran 24 hours a day 365 days a year and accepted cards transactions in countries around the world.
- Another application was used to re - price Confidential truck parts at Truck repair shops across the country.