- Over 7+years of experience in Analysis, Design, Development, Testing and Implementation of Business Applications and Client/Server applications.
- Extensive experience in Tableau Desktop, Tableau Server and Tableau Reader in various versions of Tableau 7.x/8.x/9.x/10.x
- Proficient in Tableau data visualization tool to analyze and obtain insights into large datasets, create visually powerful and actionable interactive reports and dashboards.
- Worked on data blending and increased the dashboard performance by extracting data.
- Extensive knowledge in various reporting objects like Facts, Attributes, Hierarchies, Transformations, filters, prompts, Calculated fields, Sets, Groups, Bins, Parameters in Tableau.
- Experience in developing complex visualizations like waterfall chart, Donut charts, Panel Charts, Lollipop Charts.
- Labored at the improvement of Dashboard reports for the Key Performance Indicators for the pinnacle management.
- End to end experience in designing and deploying data visualizations using Tableau
- Experience in installing, Configuring and Administration of Tableau server
- Administered user, user groups, and scheduled instances for reports in Tableau and documented upgrade plan from Tableau 10.1 to Tableau 10.4.
- Experienced in server administration and setting up the permissions for groups and specific users.
- Worked on complex KPI scorecards, heat maps, tree views, circle views, bar charts Data visualizations and interactive dashboard which helped business get a good handle on the team's productivity.
- Extensive experience in dealing with Relational Database Management Systems, including normalization, stored procedures, constraints, querying, joins, keys, indexes, data import/export and triggers.
- Worked on Data Model design, Data Extraction, Transformations and Loading, Mappings & Workflows, Customized Analytics Reports.
- Experienced in Analyzing the BI Needs, interpreting requirement analysis and translating them into reports for business user.
- Good interaction with clients, understanding Business Applications, Business Data Flow and Data Relations
- In - depth knowledge on SQL queries and working with SQL Server 2000/2005/2008, Oracle 11G/8i
- Knowledge in Design, Development and Documentation of the ETL (Extract, Transformation & Load) strategy to fill the Data Warehouse from the various source systems
- Experienced in SQL Server Business intelligence tools like SQL Server Integration services (SSIS), SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS).
- Designed the reports using Crystal reports and SSRS to create reports for the end users.
- Experience launching various windows/Linux EC2 instances from marketplace AMIs as well as creating customized AMIs and launching instances from it.
- Part of Tableau Server installation Amazon EC2 instance for prod, dev and test environments.
- Experience working on JSON and Python scripting. Written Python scripts to parse JSON documents into database.
- Troubleshot various issues in Python code and fix them with code enhancements.
- Highly Proficient in Agile, Test Driven, Iterative, Scrum and Waterfall software development life cycle.
- Experience in working and coordinating with offshore team.
- Experience in creating different visualizations using Bars, Lines and Pies, Maps, Scatter plots, Gantts, Bubbles, Histograms, Heat maps and Highlight tables.
- Strong analytical, logical, verbal exchange and problem solving capabilities and ability to speedy adapt to innovative technology by means of self-studying.
Languages: Java, C, C++, SQL
Applications: MS Word, Power-point, Excel, MS-Project
Databases: SQL Server 2005/2008/2008R2/2012, MS Access, Oracle 11g/10g, Teradata 14/13/12, DB2, Excel Flat files.
ETL Tools: Informatica Power Center 8.x, SAP BODS
Servers: Tomcat, IIS, Apache, IBM WebSphere 7.0
Operating Systems: Windows Server 2003, Server 2008, Windows XP/7/8, MAC, Linux, AIX
Business Intelligence: Tableau Desktop 10.x/9.x/8.x/7.x/6.x, Tableau Server, Business objects 4.1, SSRS
Confidential, Philadelphia, PA
- Involved in reviewing business requirements and analyzing data sources from Excel, SQL Server for design, development, testing, and produce report and analyze projects within Tableau Desktop.
- Involved in creating database objects like tables, views, procedures, triggers, functions using SQL to provide definition, structure and to maintain data efficiently.
- Creating multiple workbooks and dashboards using calculated fields, Quick table calculations, Custom hierarchies & Parameters to meet the business needs.
- Created Workbooks and dashboards for analyzing statistical billing data in Tableau Desktop and published them on to Tableau Server which allowed end users to understand the data on the fly with the usage of quick filters for on demand needed information.
- Published Tableau dashboard on Tableau Server and embedded them into portal.
- Used Action filters, Parameters and, Quick Table calculations etc. for preparing dashboards and worksheets in Tableau.
- Created Groups and Custom Hierarchies to meet the Business requirement in Tableau.
- Effectively used data blending feature in tableau and defined best practices for Tableau report development.
- Creation of dashboards with Combination Charts, Custom Charts based on the customer requirement.
- Testing and retrieving and validating the data using SQL statements.
- Involved in extraction, transformation and loading of data directly from different source systems like flat files, Excel, Oracle and SQL Server.
- Continuous Client Interactions for analyzing business requirements.
- Developed Compelling, Interactive Dashboards in Tableau.
- Developed Tableau visualizations to support Data Summary, Analytical Reports.
- Trained the business users on tableau’s self-service model of Creating and Publishing the Reports.
- Built Complex Formulas (using “calculated-field” feature) in Tableau for various business calculations.
- Documenting the end user requirements, testing it and providing solutions.
- Managing and supervising the team on business requirements and accomplishing the tasks before deadline.
- Migrated Legacy system from Oracle Forms into Tableau Dashboards.
- Worked on Ad-Hoc Reports based on business requirements.
- Management of Metadata to perform routine management tasks.
- Developed complex visualizations using Amazon Redshift.
- Provided resolution to performance problems of dashboards deployed on tableau server using out of the box performance analyzer tool of tableau desktop and tableau server.
- Strong SQL skills including use of nested expressions, unions, multi-table joins.
- Developed business reports intelligence applications of Tableau Pivotal Green Plum Database, MapR Hadoop Hive.
- Developed and reviewed SQL queries with use of joins clauses (inner, left, right) in Tableau Desktop to validate static and dynamic data for data validation.
Environment: Tableau Desktop 10/9.0/8.2, Tableau Server 9.2, Oracle, SQL, Windows, MS Excel/Access, HIVE, Cloudera, Hadoop, Amazon Redshift.
Sr. Tableau Developer
- Development of Tableau visualizations and stories using tableau desktop. Documenting Business requirements and plans for creating dashboards.
- Experience in designing complex tableau report packages and story publishing them on the tableau server.
- Designed report that depicts top performers of the total client list in quadrant graph.
- Designed Status Requestor Dashboard that provides status of specific request from end client which provides them tracking ability of their ad-hoc report requests.
- Training internal employees with tableau desktop and tableau server knowledge.
- Efficient usage of Regular expressions in tableau 9 to design dashboards with lowest level of aggregation.
- Designed a report by blending 20 different data sources in a single report with single selection.
- Developing KPI’s dashboard package to depict success of MD live program for the client.
- Assigned EMR/EHR SCM responsibilities, monitors, and summarized progress of project
- Developed account specific reporting packages for client’s customers to track their spending on energy consumption.
- Developed client accounts specific reports.
- Enhancement of existing reports to improve performance by modifying the sql code used in extraction of data.
- Involved in design requirement meeting with clients and internal employees.
- Development of Key Performance Indicators (KPI) dashboards that provides internal employee productivity of specific period.
- Experience in connecting to Hadoop Hive and extract date
- Designing excel based reports on tableau.
- Designed efficiency test stories of the energy usage and production based on the meter functionality
- Working with Level of Details expressions and Regular Expressions which are helpful in providing ETL functionality for tableau.
- Created dashboards for different Lob’s based on the data received by end of the day
- Migrating reports from standard reporting tools like excel and Cognos to tableau.
- Migrating all the reports from tableau 9.3 to tableau 10.2 and publishing them on the server.
Environment: Tableau Desktop 10.2/9.3, Tableau server 10.x/9.x, Teradata Sql Assistant, Teradata 14, My SQL, Hadoop, MS Excel.
- Involved in designing the application database.
- Developing program specs based on Functional specifications
- Wrote Views, PL/SQL procedures and function for processing business logic in the database.
- Used Unix Shell Scripts scheduling processes.
- Worked on Advanced PL/SQL techniques including Collections, Materialized views, external table and more
- Involved in Designing of Data Modeling the, Design Specifications and to analyze Dependencies.
- Responsible for creating and maintaining the packages, stored procedures, functions and cursors.
- Created database objects such as tables, views, synonyms, indexes, sequences and database links as well as custom packages tailored to business requirements.
- Involved in Unit level testing, Module level testing and System testing.
- Involved in preparing functional specifications, release notes, & documentation using
Environment: Oracle 11g, PL/SQL, Toad developer