- More than 10 years hands - on experience in Enterprise SQL server technologies, features and operations, hosting in the on-premises and cloud data centers.
- AlwaysON, Clustering, Replication, Mirroring, Log shipping, backup\restore.
- Query optimization, Index tuning, Index and table maintenance, Query Plan Analysis, Server H/W optimization, Database file Management.
- Monitoring, change Managements, Security and user access, trouble shooting, capacity Planning, Data Managements, Installation, Upgrade, patching and configuration.
SQL server EC2: RDS on AWS, SQL server Log shipping, SQL replication, Table partitioning, Database mirroring, Always ON Availability group, Data Warehouse, SSIS ETL Data transfer from Hadoop, Oracle, Postgres and DB2 to SQL Server, Database security, Disaster Recovery, Query and Index Performance Tuning, Monitoring and Capacity Planning, SQL Storage on SAN, Flash, Oracle (SQL*, PL/SQL), Visual Basic, ADO, .NET, Java, ASP, Java Script, VB Script, PowerShell
Data Migration Transformation ETL: SSIS, CDC, Bulk operation, Data Import \Export between SQL servers, AWS, Oracle, DB2, Hadoop and across data centers.
Cloud: Managing SQL servers in AWS, RDS and Ec2 include create Windows \Linux instances, SQL installation, Terraform, AMI, snapshots, storage, volumes and Migration from on-premises servers to Cloud.
SQL servers tools: DMV, SQL profiler, Solar Wind ™, Foglight,, Idera™ SQL diagnostic Manager, Spotlight ™, LightSpeed™, BMC Patrol, Integra™ Auditing software, Lumigent™ Log explorer, Tivoli™ Data protection.
Data Management: Table Partitioning, Data retention, File groups, Archiving procedures.
Database Project managements: Implantation Plan documentation, Database continuously plans, change management, Test plan, Database change Impact analysis’s, define performance baseline
Sr. SQL server Engineer
- Support mission critical 24/7 SaaS based applications run on SQL 2014 Enterprise edition on AWS EC2.
- Configure and support Always ON Availability group in Windows 2012 R2 Cluster.
- Manage, support migrate SQL server databases on AWS EC2 and RDS, production, BI, QA, DEV environment
- Successfully completed complex project individually, from Design, planning, testing and deployment to production with minimum down time, to partition, relocate and Automate purge-Archive of table with more than 2 billion rows.2billion
- Install SQL server instances, AWS snap shots, AWS AMIs, storage and volumes in EC2.
- SQL servers in AWS, RDS, S3, backup recovery and troubleshooting
- Performance Tuning, query optimization, Index tuning, deployment in production, QA and pre-production.
- Manage and administer Solarwind ™ monitoring tool for performance tuning, baseline query optimization, daily report, custom reports and monitoring.
- Consult in Scrum project planning, estimation, resource management on database projects.
Sr. SQL Database Administrator\Analyst
Confidential, North Bay, California
- Support Always on availability group in SQL 2014 Enterprise on Windows Cluster.
- Support Database mirroring, Log shipping and transactional Replication across multiple servers.
- Implement, support, troubleshooting and migration SQL databases to Delphix Virtual DB.
- Database migrations from physical server to VM across data centers.
- Support and troubleshooting SQL server Security, Database User Access, permissions, DB role management.
- Install, Upgrade, patching, virtualization, security
- Query Performance tuning, troubleshooting, index Tuning.
- Data Transformation ETL between SQL server, MYSQL, Oracle and Hadoop using SSIS and link servers.
- SQL server in AWS RDS support, migrating to AWS cloud, replication setup between on - premises and AWS.
- Server and database Capacity planning and management, disk management, database scaling, Database physical design and file groups.
- Monitoring: Manage Foglight software and custom Power shell scripts for monitoring, backups reports, server health check, blocking deadlock monitor..
- Collaboration\coordination with DEV, operation and network team for recommendations, trouble shooting and various large projects.
SQL server field Engineer
- Provide consultant and support SQL server Data warehouse (12 TB), Data transfer methods, SSIS, Capacity planning, Database architecture, Database physical\Logical modeling, Table partitioning, data extraction, Data mart, and archiving
- Manage Database changes (RFC), prepare and test deployment/roll back procedures, provide code review and performance load test.
- Support SQL diagnostic Manager™, include daily performance review, setup Alerts, configure thresholds and performance base lines.
- Support SQL server mirroring, replication, Always-On availability, windows cluster.
- Improved large ETL process time by %80 between SQL server 2012 and Oracle complex data transformation using CDC tools,
- Implement partition table and partition archive procedures.
- Develop custom codes-tools to assist other engineers during troubleshooting, include XML splitter, SQL block detector
Lead Sr. Database Analysis
- Lead SQL DBA team in one of the fastest growing EHR (Electronic Health Record) company in North America, a challenging SaaS based application consist of thousands of SQL databases spread over hundreds of SQL instances, Devops platform under constant change with 24\7 uptime.
- Installation, setup, troubleshooting of SQL 2005, 2008, 2012 Active-Active clusters (Multi Instance Cluster).
- Troubleshooting Application performance issues on backend (SQL Server 2008), investigate root cause analysis, consult and provide guidelines to DEV team.
- Install and setup various Automations, include SQL Query Performance monitoring, block detection and custom notification.
- Identify and create baselines for Key performance counters for purpose of Capacity planning and future growth.
- Support, mentoring, other DBA's on daily activities, and technologies: Performance tuning, Replication, Log shipping, Mirroring, DR.
- Provide implementation plans, Guidelines and steps for complex database changes, maintenance plans, schema change, and preparing new SQL server cluster environment for on going growth of Client databases.
- Configure and setup SQL Spotlight ™ for monitoring production environment, include, installation, setup, notifications, thresholds, Query monitoring.
Sr. Database Analyst
- Perform production support (On call rotation) of enterprise SQL servers clusters in multi Instance platform, environment consisting is large a scale shop with of hundreds of SQL servers 2000, 2005, 2008 and 2008 R2 instances hosting Corporate and client-based mission critical applications in web farm.
- Working as Sr. database analysis involve early on new projects to coordinate and assist application team include business\system analysts and architecture teams to make sure database related elements like security, performance, capacity planning, change management process, availability and scalability are follow company’s standards and best practices guidelines during development, Unit test, QA, Stage phases of project to minimize related issues and increase project success from the data service point of view.
- Primary DBA on data analytical project: data transformation from various application and data sources hosting in SQL server, DB2 and Oracle to SQL server 2008 data mart repository that feed data ware house, reporting and analysis services, involve in various SQL server technologies like SSIS,SSRS and SSAS, data compression, backup compression, Link servers, table partitioning, archiving\purging process and responsible for security model, capacity planning, performance tuning, deployment\roll back process.
- Provide estimates of technical work requirement in new projects to meet projects deadlines and available resources.
- Assist intermediate and junior DBA’s on complex issues relate to SQL server performance, Replication, table partitioning, Query optimization, SQL trace analysis, log shipping, database mirroring etc.
- Database physical modeling: make sure proper keys, indexes in place during development phase, also coordinate with SAN storage team on mount point requirement\alignments\sizes that will host physical database files and support possible partitioning and future growth.
- Participate in SQL server hardware renewals, DR test, SQL server upgrades and patching.
- Create and develop various SQL automation scripts for performance monitoring, SQL server connectivity reports, backup\restore, deployments\roll back, Database size monitoring, etc.
- Perform daily DBA activities, include reviewing logs, trouble shooting, review Alerts, root cause analysis, Zeke Mainframe batch monitoring that run against SQL databases, review and Confidential DBA related tickets.
Sr. SQL server DBA
- Designated Sr. Application DBA provide support for 35 mission critical application databases hosted on SQL2000, 2005 and 2008 production, QA and development
- DBA lead in yearly security database access review (Audit), Server Scans, review privileges, communicate database access to Data stewards, document the changes, approval process etc.
- Provide rotation on-call support for production issues and emergency fixes.
- Create Database implementation\roll back plans in change Request system during code promotion to production.
- Support development team in query optimization\Cost\Plan, Database design, trouble shooting, user access, code promotion, Database design,
- Assist system and business analyst team in database setup, Test plans, performance tuning, server configurations, Capacity planning, volume testing, physical modeling, index recommendation and code promotion to production.
- Setup and planning volume test in QA and Pre-prod with SQL trace, Confidential SQL RML utility, analyze trace files, create performance Reports for production release.
- Working with Data architect team to create Erwin™ database modeling and Database physical modeling.
- Setup database backup\restore, disaster recovery strategy and process, database maintenance plans using SQL server agent and TDP backup utility.
- Schedule SQL jobs with ZEKE Host scheduling and promote to DEV and Pre-prod stages.
- Coordinate database monitoring with Data center production support to setup MOM database related alerts, thresholds, events etc.
- Provide Database guideline, expertise, best practices and mentoring to application\BA team during start of new applications
- Create custom store procedures\queries for monitoring database Performance, blocking, backup\restore, database move, Index tuning, auditing,
- Document and maintain DBA specific changes (check in\out) in source control system.
Senior SQL server DBA
- Daily Responsibility for disaster recovery, availability, performance, troubleshooting and maintenance of Cluster SQL server 2000/2005 in highly transactional 24/7 web based payment processing environment.
- Create and maintain of SQL Log shipping between OLTP, DRP, data warehouse and reporting servers.
- Manage, guide and execution of database deployments from DEV, QA to production.
- Trouble shoot performance issues using SQL trace windows Performance Monitoring and third-party tools.
- Create and maintain SQL native and LiteSpeed™ backups and restore strategies.
- Create deployment plans for complex database changes.
- Provide database support for Development and QA team.
- Create documentation for servers, databases, patch level, Jobs, etc.
- Create SSIS/DTS packages for data transformation between OLTP and data warehouse.
- Prepare, maintain and document database security for PCI/DSS Audit process.
- Coordinate database projects with other teams like Dev, QA, reporting team, etc.
- Assist in selection, design, optimization and partitioning of Equal Logic SAN as I/O subsystem for OLTP environment.
- Created and executed migration plan to upgrade OLTP servers from SQL2000 to SQL2005 with minimum down time and impact on processing.
- Improved processing time by %40 by identify and eliminate bottlenecks.
- Create and maintain full SQL monitoring system with email/Alert notification using SQL jobs and Idera™ SQL diagnostic Manager.
Senior SQL server DBA
- Maintain 24/7 availability of SQL 2000 and 2005 production active/passive cluster servers with several databases with size range between 60GB-500GB in windows 2003, Windows 2000 platform as back-end for more than 400 application users.
- Implement, control and trouble shooing various part of high security financial system in SQL server databases, application servers and in-house applications like security, performance Tuning, DTS, storage, recovery, maintenance, upgrade, installation, log shipping, backup restore etc.
- Coordinate and deploy new functionality of application with internal and external software developers, system analysts and other operation management to create implementation plans for successful migrations.
- Technical lead DBA in deploying several conversion projects include testing, trouble shooting, performance, capacity, infrastructure and support.
- Perform Database Analyst task and testing with business analyst’s coordination to identify bugs and bottlenecks in OLTP and Reporting codes.
- Develop, maintain and support multiple SSIS packages to transfer data from Oracle 9.0i and SQL 2000 tables to SQL2005 reporting server and SQL2005 that hosting the MS CRM databases.
- Develop, maintain and support multiple DTS packages to transfer and manipulate data from different data sources such as Excel, SQL tables, FoxPro and text files and programming VB Active X scripts.
- Schedule, support and troubleshooting nightly cycles within Event Control Server (ECS).
- Document new scripts, components and interfaces in SQL server and COM+ in professional manner to record the life cycle of the software and system.
- Providing support for several internal applications and databases and coordinate and migrate them with external components.
- Develop various maintenance scripts, automated jobs and system reports.
- Support other DBA’s in the company for troubleshooting and provide leadership and guidelines.
- Review and evaluate new database changes for approval and implementation to production.
- Monitor, identify and troubleshoot SQL and system performance bottlenecks by SQL diagnostic Manager, SQL traces and windows performance monitoring.
SQL server Support Engineer
- Performance: Index Tuning, Optimization and Query Plan.
- Set up: software and hardware upgrade, installation, security, Clustering
- Backup and restore strategy, Set up, administration
- Development: T-SQL codes, Full text Search, DTS script. Maintenance Plan script,
- Disaster Recovery: DB corruption, Data Recovery, Log Shipping and Fail over cluster.
- Linked Servers: Oracle, DB2, Data Providers and Data Access components.
- Migrate: upgrade or Data Transfers in Single server and multi server’s platform.
- Development: writing custom codes for customers like system report queries, SQL batches and linked server queries in variety of database platforms including Oracle, Fox Pro and Access.
- Documentation: Document the trouble shooting steps and resolutions in professional manner or in form of solution objects.
- Performing research for Confidential premier as advisory and consultant cases like:
- Performance: query performance, index tuning, store proc tuning, Application tuning etc.
- Diagnostics: using performance monitor or SQL server profiler and analyst the data search in to gigs of information and Confidential the performance bottle necks.
- Corruptions: guide the customers to recover the data as much as possible with DTS and other utilities, DBCC commands repair options or restore from backups and advice for future prevention.
- Hardware configuration: Advisory on Database storage devices like RAID, SAN, NAS etc.