- Microsoft certified professional, worked in Agile and Scrum development with emphasis on the following:
- SQL Server DB - Design/Development/Performance Tuning/Administration/Upgrades
- Data Analytics using SQL Server BI tools
- User Interaction and Requirement Gathering, Data Quality, Data Modeling (Relational and Dimensional)
- Performance Tuning, High Availability and Disaster Recovery Planning and Production Support for OLTP and EDW
- Problem Resolution, ETL Processing and Data Analytics, Data Visualization, Data Mapping and SDLC.
Operating Systems: Windows, Lenux, AIX, Unix
Databases/Tools: SQL Server 7/2000/2005/2008/2012/2014/2016 , Oracle 9/10G/12.0, Sybase 11.5, 12.0HP Vertica, Teradata, Netezza, Hive, Hbase, R, Python ERWIN, Visio, Performance Monitor, HP Overview, Idera, SCCM
ETL/BI/Reporting: DTS/SSIS/Pentaho/BO, SSAS/SSRS/COGNOS/Tableau 9.2, 10.2/QlikView/, Crystal Reports 11, SAS/SPSS/POWER BI, MDX, DAX
Version Control Tools: VSS, TFS, Rational Rose
Languages/Technologies: T/SQL, PL/SQL, PowerShell, PL/SQL,, VB/ASP .net, C#, Trillium, PHP,DB2/CICS/COBOL, IIS, Java/HTML/XML/XSLT
Cloud Technologies: MS Azure, AWS
Project Lead /SQL Developer
Confidential, Philadelphia, PA
- Working as a Project Lead for the Data Migration project for Facets and other healthcare applications to the newly built Collegeville and Plano servers. Responsible for all the project deliverables and DBA support
- Responsible for all the project deliverables. Involved in coordination with On Shore/Off Shore development teams and daily status meetings
- Conducting business meetings /follow ups with senior managers for production releases
- Designing replication strategies and Setting up SQL Server transactional replication
- Development of SSIS packages and SSRS/Power BI dashboard (Reports, Charts, Security, Deployment)
- Tidal job execution and monitoring
Environment: SQL Server 2014/16,, Azure, T/SQL, SSIS, SSAS, SSRS, Power Bi, Data Stage, Tidal, GIT, Jira.
SQL Server Lead
Confidential, Philadelphia, PA
- Responsible for managing Data Warehousing team to load ECW, In Vision, Cerner and Oncology EMR data in to SQL Server and Netezza for data analytics and decision making (claims, survey, oncology and clinical data), responsible for all business interaction and validation/testing Epic (Clarity) data loads
- Developed SQL Server SSIS packages /Stored Procedures/ with complex data load in SQL Server/Netezza
- Monitored HL7 Messages and improved SQL Server performance for data loads (DMV’s, Indexes, Joins)
- Developed and fine tuned SQL scripts (Cursors, Loops) for SQL Server and Netezza data loads
- Developed data validation and data quality scripts using T/SQL and Python (Hive data loads)
- Worked with the reporting team to generate data and reports (SSRS, QLIK), SQL Server Agent jobs
Environment: SQL Server 2014/16, Azure, Netezza 7.2, T/SQL, Python, Hive, SSIS, SSRS, Data Stage, Qlik, Jira.
SQL Server DBA/Developer
- Worked with DW/Data Analytics team in an Agile/Scrum environment to support the ongoing business functionality related to Cloud TV and other services like XFINITY WIFI related to different user stories
- Worked with business users to get the requirements related to different type of data loads based upon a variety of data sources (Flat files, SQL Server, Teradata, Vertica, AWS, MYSQL, Oracle12c)
- Created number of SSIS packages to move data from different data sources in to Data Warehouse
- Created SQL Server stored procedure to create data sets for Ad-Hoc requests (Cursors, Dynamic SQL)
- Created SSAS cubes and SQL Agent jobs, Pytnon/R coding for data loads in HIve
- Production support for Problem Tickets/SQL Server jobs/ SSIS ETL processes and Tableau reports
- SSRS / Tableau Development/Admin (Canned/Ad-hoc/Sub Reports, Parameters, Filters, Subscriptions)
- Worked on Power BI dashboards and reports
Environment: SQL Server 2014/16, Teradata 14.0, Vertica 8.0, AWS, ELT Flows, T/SQL, R, Hive, SSIS, SSRS, SSAS, Oracle 12C, Power BI, PowerShell, Alterix, Tableau 9.2/10.3, Linux Scripts, Jira.
SQL Server DBA
- Worked on implementation of EDW involving Premium/Claims and other Healthcare Data including compensations
- Analyzing legacy application code to come up with existing business logic to design ETL packages
- Oracle12c, SQL Server 2008/2012 VM Ware Migration and version upgrades, Performance improvements, Index Tuning, DB Partitioning, Space Mgmt, Always On availability groups for EDW application (20 TB databases)
- SQL Server and ETL development, addressing performance issues for AARP/Medicare applications
- Working on HIPAA, HL7 messages, XML, Data Encryption, Premium/Claim Data Marts, business interaction/support
- SQL Server stored procedures and queries for micro strategy and SQL Server SSRS/Excel/Tableau reports
- Working on Power BI development and POC creation for sample reports
- Production support for SQL Server issues and Pentaho/Kettle//SSIS scheduled jobs, PowerShell scripting
Environment: SQL Server 2008/2012, SSIS, C#, Power BI, SSRS, SSAS, Micro Strategy, Tableau, SAS, TWS, TFS
SQL Server ETL/BI Lead Developer
- Performed data analysis and ETL development for P & L EDW application in Agile environment, which was enhanced to add new functionalities which involved SSIS packages, Stored Procedures and Functions.
- Collaborated to business stakeholders to understand the new requirements and modify the existing design to accommodate the enhancements which involved design enhancements for SSRS, and Tableau reports
- Created data mappings and handling Master Data (MDM) involving P & L, Accounting, Currencies, Geographical information and Functions/Sub Functions and SSRS as well as COGNOS reports and Dashboards.
Environment: SQL Server 2005/2008 R2, Oracle, SSIS, SSRS, MDX, COGNOS 8.1, Data Stage, Tableau 8.0.