Accomplished IT leader and technologist with success managing agile distributed teams of software, QA and release engineers. Transforms businesses through technology, process changes and integrated applications. Delivers on - time and on-budget large-scale enterprise software product development and integration projects. Excels at working with cross-functional teams in all phases of the software development life cycle. Thrives in fast-paced, rapidly evolving, collaborative environments. Strong practitioner of learning by prototyping and mentoring by example. Interpersonally effective at all levels.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE:
- Improving client experiences by driving quality/automation and reducing implementation time.
- Formulating the technology integration strategy and application/product roadmap across the enterprise.
- Collaborating with product owners and business leaders to prioritize/staff/scope strategic initiatives.
- Supporting internal/external customers and sales in a hosted model via technical product demos/training.
- Providing hands-on technical leadership; developing, coaching and motivating high-performing cohesive teams.
- Recruiting, team building and retention, budgeting, resource/project planning and performance reviews.
- Infrastructure planning, software vendor evaluations and deployment automation.
Languages : Java, PL/SQL, XML/XSLT/XSD/WSDL, XPath/XQuery.
OS : Linux, UNIX (Solaris, HP, AIX), Windows.
Databases : Oracle 11g, MS SQL Server, DB2, Informix, Sybase.
Tools : Eclipse; Jenkins/Hudson; Maven, Ant; FlashBuilder, FlexBuilder; Mercurial Git, Clearcase, StarTeam, Subversion, CVS Kallithea; Webmethods; Rally, Jira, GreenHopper; TOAD, XMLSpy, SoapUI; Splunk.
Technologies/Frameworks: AWS, J2EE (EJB, JDBC, JMS, Servlets, JSP), Spring, Hibernate, REST, SOA, Web Services, Docker, Microservices, Camel, SOAP, SAML, Velocity, Jasper, JAXP, JDOM, XML, XSLT, JUnit, TestNG EasyMock, Mockito, Flex, EDI, Angular JS, Tapestry, Hivemind, Struts.
EAI/Application Servers : Apache Tomcat, JBoss, Websphere, Weblogic, Webmethods.
Agile Methodologies : Scrum, Kanban, Extreme Programming.PRO FESSIONAL EXPERIENCE:
Director of Engineering
- Managing teams that collectively own the Order Management Platform (OMP) at Confidential and influencing the vision and implementation of architecture, design and features for this platform. The OMP comprises of teams that own Order Management System (OMS), Payments, Returns, and Order Release and Customizations. These teams are responsible for processing all of Confidential 's orders and Payments from our customers as well as managing our autoship subscription service.
- Work closely with business and product stakeholders across the organization to manage priorities within the context of overall corporate objectives and drive value
- Work with others in Engineering Management to drive best practices in software development, testing, and production deployment
- Guide/Empower teams to have end-to-end autonomy over the customer experience
- Drive the breaking up of the legacy monolith to microservices in AWS to achieve greater scale/productivity.
- Establish strong working relationships at all organizational levels and across functional teams
- Collaborate on design and implementation of scalable test environments for development and automated testing
- Coach developers/manager/product owners to build effective, empowered and engaged teams and build an agile mindset.
- Promote a culture of engineering excellence, using opportunities and strengthen the technical expertise and know-how of our engineering and product community
- Manage developers, technical product owners and QA engineers responsible for building Confidential ’s next generation Order Management Platform
- Provide effective and real-time feedback and focus on career growth for team members.
Director of Engineering
- Shape and manage local/offshore high performing teams that build Confidential ’s core clinicals product offering in a highly mature agile manner.
- Achieve product and process alignment by working with the Product Management, Architecture, Program Management and leaders from other product teams to build an integrated seamless experience for our customers and address customer concerns.
- Work with application team stakeholders to ensure the platform is operating effectively and driving high stakeholder satisfaction.
- Coach developers/managers, build effective teams, drive execution on product roadmaps
- Provide technical vision in supporting the current platform and transforming Confidential ’s technology stack from a monolith legacy technology to a more modern AWS hosted Microservices open source stack and build a new mobile product offering.
- Decrease product deployment lag time while helping the teams transition to test automation and best of breed development and agile practices.
- Effective prioritization of resources and roadmap to achieve progress on new initiatives while still maintaining the demands of SLAs on productions issues and enhancement requests.
Confidential, Marlborough, MA
Software Development Manager
- Oversee local/offshore agile product development teams (developers/QA); build/support a suite of four enterprise products; point of contact for client teams to escalate issues.
- Work closely with client implementation and service teams to increase client satisfaction; address client concerns in Talent Management product.
- Collaborate with Release Coordination and Hosting teams in rolling out product releases.
- Significantly decreased time to market by moving to a two-week release cycle with automated integration tests and nightly deployments.
- Partner with leaders from other teams to define integrations and provide a seamless customer experience.
- Forge a strong development team; create a healthy culture and motivate team to deliver high-quality code.
- Led team in the transition of clients from single-tenant platform to a multi-tenant platform.
- Architected, designed and developed multiple high visibility integrations with other Confidential products
- Grew offering from a single product to a suite of four enterprise-level integrated applications using core Java stack, messaging, web services and reporting tools.
- Worked with product owners to determine priorities/scope to ensure timely delivery of quality releases.
- Created and implemented the single sign-on solution with SAML.
- Contributed to design/development of REST-based architecture to support Confidential ’s mobile/web applications.
- Guided development team to follow software development best practices to achieve high-quality deliverables.
Technologies used: Java (JDBC, JMS), Spring, Hibernate, REST, WebServices, SOAP, Docker, Microservices, Apache Camel, SAML, Velocity, Jasper Reports, XML, XSLT, Angular JS, Flex, JUnit, TestNG, EasyMock, Mockito, Tapestry, Hivemind.
Confidential, Burlington, MA
Manager/Tech Team Lead
- Led 12 engineers to design/develop Trading Partner Management (TPM), a large-scale enterprise application targeted towards logistics vendors to provide visibility, supply chain management and compliance with various retailers.
- Lead Engineer for the Transportation Management System (TMS), a solution for shippers.
- Oversaw design/development for carrier portal and resource management modules; supported installations.
Technologies used: Java (EJB, JDBC), JMS, EDI, XML, XSLT, Hibernate, Ant, Oracle, DB2 and Informix databases, BEA WebLogic and IBM WebSphere application servers, Webmethods EAI server.