- Around 8 years IT experience in Database Development, Administration, Data Analysis, System Analysis, Design, Development, and Support of MS SQL Server 2008/2008R 2/2012/2014/2016/2018 in Production, Testing and Development
- Experience with software development life cycle (SDLC), Agile / Scrum and Project Management Methodologies. Extensively involved through the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) from initial planning through implementation of the projects. Capable of handling responsibilities independently as well as a proactive team member.
- Extensive experience in interacting with business users, gathering requirements, data analysis, data mapping, gap analysis and documentation.
- Experience in coordinating with users in gathering source data files, defining data elements, business rules, data, and process flow documentation, prepare High level and Low - level design documents.
- Experience in installation, configuration of MS SQL Server 2008, 2008R2, 2012, 2014.
- Hands on experience in monitoring SQL Server Performance tuning in SQL Server 2008/2008R2/2012/2014 using SQL Profiler, Query Analyzer, Enterprise Manager, Index Tuning Wizard, and Windows Performance Monitor.
- Expert in creating Chart reports, Drill down and Drill through Reports by passing parameters in SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS).
- Expert in Database Normalization, Denormalization, Optimization and Tuning, Backup/Restore, Data Import/Export, Troubleshooting, and Database Objects authorization.
- Experience in creating Jobs, Alerts, SQL Mail Agent, and Scheduled DTS and SSIS Packages.
- Good experience in Developing and Extending OLAP Cubes, Dimensions and data source view and designing, creating, processing of cubes using SSAS.
- Expert in calculating measures and dimension members using multi-dimensional expression (MDX), mathematical formulas, and user-defined functions.
- Experience in creating reports using SSRS (SQL Server Reporting Services), Crystal Reports, SSAS (SQL Server Analytical Services) objects and OLAP including Interfaces with BIDS (Business Intelligence Development Studio).
- Experience in designing Database Models using MS Visio and ERwin Data Modeler.
- Experienced in planning and implementing MS SQL Server Security and database Permissions.
- Knowledge of Relational Database Management systems.
- Experience in Database Backup, Recovery, and Disaster Recovery procedures.
- Experienced in creating and using Stored Procedures, Triggers, Views, User Defined Functions, Sub-Queries and Joins for complex queries involving multiple tables and exception handlers.
- Proficient in SQL Server and T-SQL (DDL and DML) in constructing Tables, Normalization/ De normalization Techniques on database Tables.
- Experience in Creating and Updating Clustered and Non-Clustered Indexes to keep up the SQL Server Performance.
- Experienced in visualization tools like PowerBI
- Experience in creating and managing fragmentation of Indexes to achieve better query performance. Experience in Performance Tuning and Query Optimization.
- Install and Configure SQL Server 2008, 2008R2, 2012 and 2014 on Virtual Machines.
- Expert in designing ETL data flows using SSIS; creating mappings/workflows to extract data from SQL Server and Data Migration and Transformation from Oracle/Access/Excel Sheets using SQL Server SSIS.
- Expert in developing SSIS packages. Experience in DTS Migration and Metadata Management: Migrating DTS packages to SSIS, Package Migration Wizard, and Storage Management.
- Experience in Error and Event Handling: Precedence Constraints, Break Points, Check Points, Logging, Archive data files from different legacy systems using SSMS on SQL Server 2005/2008/2008 R2/2012/2014 environment, and deploy the data, Scheduled the jobs to execute these tasks periodically.
- Experience in Performance Tuning, Query Optimization, Client/Server Connectivity, and Database Consistency Checks using DBCC Utilities.
- Extensively worked on Creating, Populating, and maintaining Data marts. Thorough knowledge of Features, Structure, Attributes, Hierarchies, Star, and Snowflake Schemas of Data Marts.
- Having experience on Database administration like creating the roles, users and giving the permissions for the database, tables, functions etc.
- Good experience in creating SQL Server Analysis Projects (SSAS) using SQL Server 2005/2008/2012.
- Good Knowledge working with Facts, Dimensions, Multi-Dimensional Cubes.
- Experience in creating Ad hoc reports and reports involving complex datasets and to query the database for Business Intelligence.
- Expertise in developing Parameterized, Chart, Graph, Linked, Dashboard, Scorecards, Drill-down, Drill-through and Cascading reports using SSRS.
- Experience in Data Modeling using Erwin Design Tool
- Knowledge of Networking Concepts and Object Modeling Technology.
- Good interpersonal, Analytical and Communication skills
- Can-Do, Will-Do Attitude, Problem solving, Self-directed, Ability to learn new tools and use them.
- Experience in Object Oriented Analysis concept implementation, design, and programming technical skills.
Languages: VB.Net, SQL, Web Services - C#, C, C++, Java
Operating Systems: Windows (XP NT 3.x- 4.0 20002003 2008 2012 2016 ) and UNIX
Databases: MS SQL Server (2014, 2012, 2008, 2005, 7.0, 6.5, 6.0), MS Access, DTS, DB2
ETL tools: SSIS, SSAS, Informatica 7.x/8.x
Reporting: Crystal Report, SQL Server 2014 Reporting Services (SSRS), Power BI
DBA Tools: SQL, Erwin, TOAD, T-SQL, VMware
Confidential, Seattle, WA
Sr SQL Server/BI Developer (SSIS, SSRS, SSAS)
- Imported the data from flat files and were transformed and placed in DB2, Teradata Databases as they were the target databases.
- Developed SQL scripts for data dump in the Database in SQL server, DB2, Teradata.
- Involved in maintaining Data consistency and Data Integrity using various constraints like Unique, Check, Primary Key and Default.
- Extensive hands on experience with SSIS to build huge packages which involves sourcing the data from a Tab Delimited Text Files, DB2, XML, Excel files and Flat Files and setting up the Variables and Parameters and mapping the obtained result sets to a Map Network Drive which uses the Merge Scripts.
- Implemented Performance Tuning of T-SQL Statements effectively with SQL Profiler and Database Tuning Advisor.
- Designed SSIS packages using various control flow task like Data Flow Task, For Each Loop, Execute SQL Task. Actively involved in deploying and scheduling packages.
- Effectively implemented Data Extraction and Loading from OLTP onto staging with SSIS Packages.
- Worked with various Dataflow tasks like Character Map, Aggregate, ODE Command and Conditional Split while designing SSIS Packages.
- Created Excel Reports, Power BI by connecting to various SQL server databases and improved the efficiency of these large reports.
- Assisted the organization in performing data compilation, mining and analysis required to evaluate the given data.
- Created power shell scripts to deploy the datasets, pipelines and linked services. Created power shell scripts to clean up the datasets and run the pipelines on demand
- Research and investigate key business problems through quantitative analyses of utilization, healthcare and cost data.
- Built new MDS (Master data services) and data warehouse application for business users and Migrated data from old data warehouse to new data warehouse. Developed and maintained Crystal reports as per the user requirement.
- Used SSIS to create ETL packages to validate, extract, transform and load data to data warehouse databases, data mart databases.
- Provided and defend conclusions and recommendations to customer based on results of analysis.
- Maintained and enhanced healthcare reporting solutions to meet a wide range of business and system requirements.
- Performed ETL and related activities in Lawson Financial, DCS, SQL Server, AWS Redshift to destination using SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), Informatica, AWS Lambda Function, Python Programming.
- Exercise positive interpersonal communication skills and worked independently or with a small team on all phases of software development lifecycle.
Environment: SQL Server 2008, Windows 2003/2007 server, SQL Server Configuration Manager, T-SQL, DTS, SSIS, SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), SQL Profiler, ERWIN, TFS.
ADP, Roseland NJ
MS SQL Server Developer/BI Developer
- This project was designed to perform new and renewal business on loans based on the details like company contact activities, financial accounts, and transfer data from different databases to SQL Server. My role in the project includes designing new database schema, extracting data, performing various transformations and then loading all the relevant data into a data mart and generate reports to analyze the company performance.
- Developed SSIS packages for different tasks like data cleansing and standardizing, sorting, conditional split, back up and involved in scheduling of SSIS packages.
- Involved in Data Extraction, Transformation and Loading (ETL) between Homogenous and Heterogeneous systems using SQL tools (SSIS, Bulk Insert).
- Implemented cell level security in cubes using MDX expressions to restrict users of one region seeing data of another region using SSAS.
- Involved in error handling of SSIS packages by evaluating error logs.
- Successfully extracted, transformed and loaded data into data warehouse.
- Created reports using SSRS from OLTP and OLAP data sources and deployed on report server.
- Created tabular, matrix, chart, drill down reports, parametric reports, cascaded reports, dashboards and score card reports (SSRS) according to the business requirement.
- Created reports by dragging data from cubes and wrote MDX scripts.
- Used SSIS 2013 to create ETL packages (.dtsx files) to validate, extract, transform and load data to data warehouse, data mart databases, and process SSAS cubes to store data into OLAP databases
- Improved the performance of long running views and stored procedures.
- Developed various Dashboard, Charts and Graphs like Bar Chart (Side by Side, Stacked, Combination of bar and line chart), Line graphs, Pie Charts in Power BI and Tableau desktop.
- Using SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) to populate data from various data sources Developed web based front-end screens using MS FrontPage, HTML and Java Script. Actively designed the database to fasten certain daily jobs, stored procedures.
- Creates excel reports using PowerBI to connect SSAS cubes data source and display data
- Create, manage SQL Server AZURE Databases.
- Setting up Connection Strings and connecting SQL Server AZURE Databases from locally Installed SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS) for Developers
- Improved performance by adding indexes, removing unnecessary columns in the inner views and adding conditions to get only the required data.
- Identified slow performing views, stored procedures and queries using SQL Profiler, by running simultaneously while browsing the application.
- Tuned the queries using Execution plan, to get index seek from table scan and index scan. Improved the performance of many queries by 90%.
- Worked with Erwin data modeling tool
- Created Database objects including Tables, Views, Stored Procedures and User Defined Functions.
- Created Schemas, indexes, Triggers (after and instead of triggers).
- Extensively involved in writing database scripts.
Environment: SQL Server 2014, SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS), Microsoft Visual Studio 2013, SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), SSAS, HTML, SQL Server reporting services (SSRS), IIS, VB.Net, Erwin, MS Excel.
Confidential, Chicago IL
SQL Server Developer
- Working as SQL Server Analyst / ETL Analyst using SQL Server 2012 for CMH Project.
- Source Controlling using IBM Rational Clear Case
- Developing and Management Database for Collateral Management and Hedging
- Writing Triggers, Stored Procedures, Functions, define User Defined Data Types, TSQL, and Create and maintain physical structures.
- Working with Dynamic Management Views, System Views for Indexing and other Performance Problems
- Create / Manage Table Indexes, Query Tuning, Performance Tuning, Deadlock Management
- Defect tracking and closing by using HP Quality Center
- Design and Deploy SSIS Packages
- Created interactive reports customized for the business using Power BI Desktop.
- Analyzed the KPI insights provided by the client using POWERBI DESKTOP.
- Creating SSIS Packages, Configure SSIS packages for different environments using DTSConfig
- Produce CSV, utilize CSV files as part of ETL Process
- Used .Net Scripts in SSIS
- Produce XML Files for Tibco (Real Time Data Transfer)
- SSIS Error Handling, Event Handling, Logging, Batch Checks for data accuracy
- Code deployments / configurations/ config management in various environments
- Implement Security, Roles, Logins, and Permissions
- Extract-Transform-Load data into SQL Server 2012 Normalized database from various sources
- Maintain Users / Roles / Permissions, Security
- Scheduling SSIS packages using Autosys, writing JIL Scripts
- Enhance existing applications to meet new business requirements
- L3 Production Support on Rotation basis
- Enhance existing stored procedures, views, functions, database objects to meet additional requirements of latest releases
- Capacity Planning DBs, Disk Requirements
- Deploy the code in various environments i.e. DEV/SIT/UAT
- Create and maintain DB Change Log to track the state of the DB in each environment (Dev, Test, UAT, Pre-Prod)
Environment: ’: Server2012, VB.NET, Oracle 11g, Microsoft Visual studio 2013, Clear Case 7.1, Autosys, Share Point, SQL Server 2012 Integration Services, Quality Center 10.0, Compass Point
Confidential, Charlotte, NC
Senior SQL Developer / Modeler
- Generate Dash Board Reports for Internal Users using SQL Server 2008 R2 Reporting Services and Dundas Reporting
- Application Testing, Debugging SIT, UAT, Test Clusters, Test Load Balancers
- App Testing in Development, Production, DR
- UML Use Case diagrams, Conceptual Flow Diagrams, ER Diagrams by reverse engineering the databases using Visio 2007
- Deploy various reports on SQL Server 2008 Reporting Server
- Tuning the Databases, Auditing, Dynamic Management Views
- Database Capacity Planning, Maintenance Plans, Backup, Restore
- Data Modeling, Conceptual/Logical/Physical Modeling
- Create and maintain database for Incident, Problem Tracking, Metrics
- Working with SQL, and T-SQL
- Design Reports as of Internal User needs
- Access SharePoint Server using Web Services to deploy reports on Reporting Server
- Working with Stored Procedures, functions, triggers, Views
- Involved in creating tables, stored procedures, indexes
- Creating and Maintain users
- Creating / Running jobs with SSIS packages
- Design, Creating and Deploying various SSIS Packages (for ETL - Extraction, Transformation, Loading)
- Configuring the Database Mail, Mail Operators using SQL Server 2005
- Creating Jobs, Job Notifications
- General Day to Day Database Administration
- Importing Data from various sources like DB2, Oracle, Excel, XML
- Ensuring Data Consistency, Analyzing the Data
- Detailed Documentation of all the existing and new processes, Create and Update Data Dictionaries
- Business Analysis, Understanding Requirements, Converting Business Requirements into Technical Solutions
Environment: SQL Server 2008 R2, SharePoint 2010, .NET, Windows XP, Excel, XML, DB2, Oracle, Reporting Services (SSRS), Integration Services (SSIS)