- Oracle database administrator and SQL Server Developer with 5 years of experience managing databases in different versions - 12c, 11g, 10g and 9i.
- Strong knowledge on Oracle database architecture and its components, project management practices, banking and financial systems.
- Worked on very large production database both RAC and Non-RAC.
- Proficient in Backup and Recovery methodologies (RMAN), Performance Tuning, Security and User Management.
- Proven ability to implement technologies that increase performance, reduce costs and positively affect the bottom line.
- A quick learner with excellent analytical, problem solving and presentation skills.
RDBMS: Oracle Single Instance, Oracle Data Guard, ASM, RAC, SQL
Operating Systems: LINUX, UNIX, SUN Solaris, Windows
Tools: OEM 13c, 12c, 11g & 10g, TOAD, SQL developer, SQL Loader, Oracle Universal Installer (OUI), MS Office.
Utilities: RMAN, EXP/IMP, Data Pump, SSH, AWR, ADDM, ASH
Languages: SQL, PL/SQL
Confidential, Alpharetta GA
- Created logical and physical data models using Erwin for new requirements after discussion with technical team and application users.
- Wrote conversion scripts using SQL, PL/SQL, stored procedures, functions and packages to migrate data from SQL server database to Oracle database.
- Implemented 11g and upgraded the existing database from Oracle 9i to Oracle 11g.
- Involved in Logical & Physical Database Layout Design.
- Fine tune SCM process, Shell and ANT scripts for performance improvement
- Preparing the SCM plan and Build Plan periodically.
- Worked on the Teradata stored procedures and functions to confirm the data and have load it on the table.
- Developed procedures to populate the customer data warehouse with transaction data, cycle and monthly summary data, and historical data.
- Worked on optimizing and tuning the Teradata views and SQL’s to improve the performance of batch and response time of data for users.
- Used SQL Assistant to querying Teradata tables
- Proficient in usage of SSIS Control Flow items (For Loop, Execute package/SQL tasks, Script task, and send mail task) and migrated data using SSIS, DTS wizard (Data Transformation Services) tool through Data Flow items (Conditional Split, Data Conversion, Fuzzy lookup, Fuzzy Grouping, Pivot).
- Created various Tabular and Matrix Reports using SSRS.
- Designed high level ETL architecture for overall data transfer from the OLTP to CDW with the help of SSIS.
- Developed and maintained a combined data store for reporting purposes.
- Gathered business requirements, definition and design of the data sourcing and data flows, data quality analysis, working in conjunction with the data warehouse architect
- Generated reports using Global Variables, Expressions and Functions using SSRS.
- Identified the database tables for defining the queries and defined datasets for report generation.
- Defined report layouts including report parameters and wrote queries for drill down reports using SSRS 2012.
- Created parameterized, drill down and aggregation reports in MS SQL environment using SSRS 2012.
- Generated daily, weekly and monthly reports for the managers.
- Administered interface to organize reports and data sources, schedule report execution and delivery, and track reporting history using SSRS 2012.
- Implemented internal Cognos Security Column Level Row Level Security using Security tables to secure sensitive data with Security Filter Macros Session Parameters and Parameter Maps
- Developed Hierarchies and Measures to support Adhoc Reporting Multi Dimensional Reporting
- Published Packages to Cognos Connection and implemented Package Level Security
- Expert in creating Star schema cubes using SSAS.
- Extensively worked on OLAP cubes using SSAS.
- Created and Managed OLAP Cubes using SSAS.
- Used Performance Point Server to create reports, scorecards and dashboards.
- Involved in creating calculated members, named set, advanced KPI’S for the SSAS cubes.
- Experience in Data Analysis, Normalization, Data warehousing, Data Cleansing, Data Modeling, Data Mapping, Erwin 3.0 in OLTP & OLAP environments.
- Write MDX queries for creating calculated measures and calculated members in Time dimension.
- Use MDX and Custom data to implement security it the SSAS level for windows as well as web based users.
- Designed numerous Ad-Hoc and custom reports using SQL Reporting Services.
- Extensively used performance monitor/SQL profiler to solve dead locks/long running queries.
- Performance tuning in cube by creating storage modes (MOLAP, ROLAP and HOLAP), aggregations, and usage based optimization, besides providing security by providing perspectives.
- Developed Informatica Workflows and sessions associated with the mappings using Workflow Manager.
- Tested the reports and fixed bugs in the stored procedures.
- Worked on developing the business requirements and use cases for FACETS batch processes; automating the billing entity and commission process
- Used forward engineering to create a Physical Data Model with DDL that best suits the requirements from the Logical Data Model.
- Responsible for data modeling both logical and physical, data analysis, process modeling. Completed installation, upgrading, testing, training and support of the CA modeling tool suite; (ERwin Data Modeler, Data Model Validator, Process Modeler, Model Manager, Model Navigator), that are used to support the Enterprise Information Management initiative.
- Involved with data rationalization of Entities and Attributes within the Corporate Logical Data Model. Data rationalization consists of data analysis, standardization of data and domain names, mapping attributes to legacy data fields and generation of physical names.
- Performed smoke, usability, functionality, GUI, browser compatibility and regression tests.
- Developed Test Scripts using Quick Test professional (HP QTP) for extensive functionality and regression testing.
- Responsible for reporting and tracking the bugs using Quality Center.
- Actively participated in regular QA Team meetings to discuss testing process and resolve issues with local and off shore teams.
- Possess an Agile mindset
- Establish continuous deployment processes
- Bring teams to an even higher level of performance
- Engage in lightweight Agile program management
- Responsible for the Performance tuning of the SQL Commands and the troubleshooting of the technical problems in MS SQL Server 2012.
Environment: MS SQL Server 20012, TFS, Query Analyzer, Windows, T-SQL, Server Integration Services (SSIS), SSRS, SSAS, Excel, Crystal Reports, MS Visual SourceSafe, MDX, Ervin 4.0, Visual studio, SharePoint(MOSS), FACETS.
Confidential, San Diego, CA
- Extensively participated in all phases of projects life cycle.
- Helped front end developers in writing SQL queries, approving database changes and designing data models.
- Designed, developed and maintained security of relational databases.
- Created check constraints to maintain data integrity and performed tracing applications using SQL profiler.
- Optimized SQL queries to develop database objects such as triggers, joins, constraints, cursors, indexes, views, and created stored procedures to automate sequential updates in fewer transactions.
- Strong experience in Creating Database Objects such as Tables, Views, Functions, Stored Procedures, Indexes, Triggers, Cursors in Teradata.
- Performed tuning of SQL server locks, and indexes configurations, administrating SQL server security and maintenance of databases.
- Tuned complex SQL queries, Store Procedure’s and functions to improve the report generation time.
- Worked with SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS) that delivers online analytical processing (OLAP) and data mining functionality for business intelligence applications.
- Designed and developed user defined functions and stored procedures for reporting purposes.
- Migrated data from flat files to SQL server databases by using BCP and SSIS packages.
- Designed and implemented complex SSIS package to migrate data from multiple data sources (Teradata) for data analyzing, deploying and dynamic configuring of SSIS packages.
- Involved in writing MDX queries for analytical and reporting services.
- Created and Configured Data Source & Data Source Views, Dimensions, Cubes, Measures, Partitions, KPI's & MDX Queries using SQL Server 2005 Analysis Services.
- Strong skills in coding and debugging Teradata utilities like Fast Load, Fast Export, MultiLoad and Tpump for Teradata ETL processing huge volumes of data throughput.
- Designed complex SSAS solutions using multiple dimensions, perspectives, hierarchies, measures groups and KPIs to analyze performance of Strategic Business Units as well as corporate centers
- Troubleshooting and resolving access to databases and identifying performance issues.
- Responsible for database tuning using normalization and application tuning.
- Documentation for all kinds of reports and SSIS packages.
Environment: MS SQL Server 2005, SQL Server Reporting Services, Enterprise Manager, Query Analyzer
SQL Server Database Developer and Oracle Database Administrator
- Extensively used SSIS as an ETL tool for MOS implementation.
- Immensely worked on pulling the data from Various source systems such as Oracle, DB2, SQL Server, Teradata, CSV, Access and Excel files to the Centralized Data Ware House
- Support the team throughout the implementation and to debug any issues during the testing process
- Assisting the application users in handling the new process/ functionality that is been implemented
- Provide Support for User Acceptance Testing and Go -live for all the Releases
- Co-Ordination with offshore/onshore teams internally, Technical Team, Business Team and other stake holders for any issues and clarifications
- Install, configure, administer and maintain Oracle databases in different versions.
- Created Data Backups, performed restores and implemented recovery procedures using Recovery Manager (RMAN).
- Managing and administrating user account related issues.
- Managing the storage by adding new data file or extending the existing data file.
- Performed cloning, migrations, schema level exports and imports using data pumps.
- Collaborated with end users, application teams and project managers to ensure all change requests were staged in UAT environment then to production environment with minimum impact to operations.
- Upgraded and applied PSU patches in both RAC and Non-RAC databases.
- Expert in maintaining database security. Created and monitored privileges, roles, auditing, profiling, authentication and risk management.
- Tuned and spiked performance with aid of AWR, ASH and daily health check reports. Monitored CPU usage, I/O Contention, memory paging on UNIX server. Provided technical direction to system administrators.
- Provided optimal space utilization in tablespace by avoiding fragmentation. Performed daily, weekly and monthly Oracle database monitoring and maintenance tasks.
- Coordinated with the business analysts throughout the development cycle, provided post-implementation support and reported issues identified by customers.
- Implemented ITIL model ticketing system to track and support service for the application and 24/7 support ensuring strict adherence to SLA's.
- Generating stats pack reports as on when required.
- Review alert logs to analyze the root cause and resolve reported issues.