- 5+ years of experience in analyzing, designing, tuning, and developing Client/Server, Business Intelligence (BI) database applications and various segments of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), using MS SQL Server.
- Skilled in Business Intelligence tools like SQL Server 2008 Integration Services (SSIS), Reporting Services (SSRS) and Analysis Services (SSAS).
- Expertise in Extracting, Transformation and Loading (ETL) data using SQL server Integration.
- Hands on experience with Dimensional Modeling, ER Modeling, Star Schema / Snowflake Schema, FACT and Dimensional tables.
- Created and Configured Data Source Data Source Views, Dimensions, Cubes, Measures, Partitions, MDX Queries using SQL Server 2008 Analysis Services.
- Extensive SQL Development experience in the Retail industry with a strong understanding of data analytics.
- Experienced in creating Tables, Stored Procedures, Views, Indexes, Cursors, Triggers, User Profiles, User Defined Functions, Relational Database Models and Data Integrity in observing Business Rules.
- Broad experience in Query Optimization and performance tuning of stored procedures, functions etc.
- Experience in creating jobs, SQL Mail, Alerts and schedule SSIS Packages using SQL Server Agent.
- Experience in scheduling and deployment of reports and uploading files to a report server catalog from the report manger.
- Have basic knowledge on Informatica Power Center Transformations such as Source Qualifier, Lookup, Filter, Expression, Router, Normalizer, Joiner, Update Strategy, Rank, Aggregator, Stored Procedure, Sorter, Sequence Generator and XML Source Qualifier.
- Performed database consistency checks at regular intervals.
- Experience in Creating complex Views, Stores Procedures, DDL/DML Triggers and User - Defined Functions to implement Business Logic and Data Protection.
- A well-organized, goal-oriented, highly motivated and effective team leader/member with excellent analytical, troubleshooting, and problem solving Skill.
Databases Tools: SQL Server Management Studio, Business Intelligence Development Studio, SQL Profiler, SQL Server Analysis Service (SSAS)
ETL Tools: Data Transformation Services (DTS) - Export/Import, SQL Server Integration Service (SSIS),Visual Studio 2010,2014
Modeling Tools: Microsoft Visio, SQL Diagrams
Reporting Tools: SQL Server Reporting Services (2005/2008 R2,2012,2014), MS Access, MS Excel
Database: MS SQL Server 2014/2012/2008/2005 , MS Access
Programming: T-SQL, PL/SQL, VB.Net, XML, HTML, C#, C, C++
Web Technologies: HTML, DHTML, XML, XSL
Operating Systems: Windows 2012/2008 R2/2003/2000 Server (64/32 Bit), Windows 2000 Professional, Windows NT 4.0/3.5. Unix, Linux
Other Tools: MS Office Suite (Microsoft Word, Power Point, MS Visio), OLAP & OLTP, MS Outlook, SOAP UI.
Confidential - Rockville, MD
MS SQL Server BI Developer
- Assisted in Business Analysts to gather technical requirements.
- Developed Tables, Views, and Stored Procedures using SQL Server Management Studio.
- Used the SSIS to migrate databases such as Excel files, flat files and SQL Server database to centralized IT destination.
- Created many complex database code objects such as Stored Procedures/ views/ Functions and used them to generate reports and created indexes to the tables that have least updates to improve the query performance.
- Developed Tabular Reports, Sub Reports, Matrix Reports, Drill down Reports and Charts using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS).
- Created various SSIS packages to transfer data from OLTP (Tabular) databases to staging area and then into data warehouse. Deployed the packages to the appropriate destinations using SSIS and successfully created dynamic package configuration in SSIS.
- Work with Service Management team to establish and monitor service level agreements, communication protocols with data suppliers and data quality assurance policies.
- Provide data quality advisory services to clients and to internal stakeholders. Recommend maintenance enhancements to data acquisition processes to improve accuracy of data warehouse data.
- Perform support functions and develop fixes accordingly for our Association Management System, Manage and actively participate in system and user acceptance testing.
- Provide technology options and recommendations to solve for business challenges, Strong knowledge of database and system performance monitoring. Ability to share and communicate ideas both written and verbally to staff at various levels within the organization in a clear and concise manner that is relevant to each level.
- Extensively used SSIS transformations such as Lookup, Derived column, Data conversion, Aggregate, Conditional split, SQL task, Script task and Send Mail task etc.
- Have good business analytical and technical knowledge in Healthcare Membership, Benefits and Provider Modules in FACETS.
- Support Batch and Online processes involving development, enhancement and support of T-SQL procedures, views, triggers and query tuning.
- Used different Control Flow Tasks and Data flow Task for Creating SSIS Packages. Used different types of Transformations for Data Conversion, Sorting and data cleansing from different Sources into Company Formats.
- Created XML Package Configurations, Error Handling using Event Handlers for On Error, On Warning, and On-Task FailedEvent Types.
Tools: and Technologies: MS SQL Server 2014/2012,Visual Studio 2013,2010, SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) Microsoft Share Point, MS Project, VBA, MS Office, ALM for QA testing and Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
Confidential, Bethesda, MD
MS SQL Server MSBI Developer
- Create Queries in T-SQL, Stored Procedures and Views to store the data of clients, advisors using SQL Server Management Studio. Create User Defined Functions, Views to store data into appropriate tables as and when data arrives and created indexes to the tables that have least updates to improve the query performance.
- Tune SQL queries and database performance by improving overall table design, indexing, query plan analysis and refactoring. Create database design documentation at architectural and functional level.
- Review database objects for data integrity, quality, security, recoverability, scalability, maintenance and capacity recommend changes as necessary.
- Recommend new strategies and architecture to enhance efficiency of data systems. Plan, manage and track database and SQL procedures system changes.
- Design, develop, test, and implement complex database code, such as stored procedures to customize reports based on specific parameters to allow for ongoing flexibility
- Rewrite and correct existing inefficient or poorly performing queries and stored procedures to run more efficiently and to ensure stronger performance
- Design, develop, and test front end reports that can be implemented by the Application development team to push to production for release
- Assist application developers with data mapping, as well as helping them understand the layout of data warehouse tables
- Interacts with report owners to clarify requirements and customize to report specifications and features to ensure finished reporting product meets end user needs
- Designed SQL SSIS Packages in Business Intelligence Development Studio (BIDS), to extract data from various data sources such as Access database, Excel spreadsheet, and flat files into SQL Server 2008, 2005 for further Data Analysis and Reporting by using multiple transformations provided by SSIS such as Data Conversion, Conditional Split, Bulk Insert, merge and union all; Scheduled and maintained nightly and weekly loads of data by creating the corresponding job tasks in Visual Studio.
- Ensure performance, security, and availability of databases
- Prepare documentations and specifications
- Profile server resource usage, and optimize and tweak as necessary.
- Experience in Event Logging, Resource management, Log files, File and File Groups, Security, Backup and Recovery.
- Data migration (import & export - BCP) from Text to SQL server.
Tools: and Technologies: MS SQL Server 2017,2015 Visual Studio 2017,2015, SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), Data Warehouse, Redgate Tools, Informatica Power Center 9.5.1, C#, Data Modeling, Share Point, Widows server 2012.
SQL Database Administrator/Accounting assistant
- Installation and configuration of SQL Server 2008, 2008R2, 2012.
- Create database, table, views primary key and foreign key.
- Create maintenance job.
- Migration - Performed database migration from SQL Server 2005, 2008 and 2008 R2 to SQL Server 2012.
- Performed database backups and restore from Production server to test server as refresh backup as part of testing whether backup is restorable or not.
- Security Management - Creating Login and user and manage security.
- Check error logs from SQL Server agent and windows event viewer and trouble shoot and resolve the problem.
- Applied Service Packs patch and hot fixes
- Exporting file from the database to Excel for various uses.
- Monitor SQL Server Error Log, space usage(data and log file)
- Collect money from Shareholder and deposit it in the designated bank account.
- Reconcile general ledger and subsidiary ledger balance and resolve the issues if there is any.
- Issue check to the various vendors or shareholder it required.
- Posting all journal entries to the ‘CUBIS’ Application on a regular basis.
- Prepare receipts and payments, income and expenditure account and balance sheet for the organization.
- Preparing bank reconciliation.
- Any other duties assign by the management.
- Preparing daily collection sheet.
- Preparing deposit, cash disbursement and journal voucher for the office.
- Reconciling with general ledger and shareholders individual ledger balance.