- A competent professional with about 8 years of extensive experience in developing oracle applications using Oracle 12c/11g/10g, PL/SQL, in diverse sectors including transportation, Finance, banking, medical.
- Certified Oracle Autonomous Database Cloud Specialist.
- Well versed in developing various database objects like Tables, Packages, Stored Procedures, Functions, Triggers, Indexes, Constraints, Materialized Views and others in Oracle 12c/11g/10g database.
- Extensive experience in Performance tuning and optimization using execution plans.
- Design and Develop Oracle Interfaces and Conversions using SQL Loader.
- Expertise in all aspects of SDLC requirement analysis, technical specifications, Logical and physical design, development, testing, documentation, implementation and maintenance in multi - tier and client/server architectures.
- Extensively worked in Client-server application development using Oracle Forms Builder 10g, Reports 10g, and BI Publisher.
- Used SQL*Loaders to download the data into database from the text files and spread sheets.
- Solid experience in writing complex SQL queries and PL/SQL procedures to extract data from various source tables.
- Developed various reports including master detail reports with multilevel grouping.
- Experience in developing and modifying existing UNIX shells scripts and scheduling the jobs using Autosys, Control-M and monitor the batch processing.
- Proficient in loading data from flat files into database tables using External Tables, UTL Utilities.
- Used Pragma Autonomous Transaction to avoid mutating problem in database trigger.
- Worked on automating data loading, extraction, reports generation using UNIX Shell scripting.
- Experience in handling very large data files using Export-Import Utilities and SQL*Loader.
- Knowledge of standard data modeling patterns and practices, e.g. 3NF, dimensional models, and the ability to produce logical and physical models using Visio.
- Extensive programming using in PL/SQL Developer, SQL*Plus, TOAD.
- Wrote stored procedures and UNIX scripts as a part of ETL Process.
- Worked in C language and Oracle database programming (PL/SQL, Pro*C) on UNIX, Windows and Web-based applications.
- Experience working in processes like Agile Scrum model and Water fall model life cycles.
- Efficient in creating Test cases and performed data validation and process testing for application moving into production.
- Coordinated with DBAs, QA, Release Management and external team for technical needs and to ensure the timely release of project.
- Domain knowledge of the EZPass Tolling and transportation sector.
- Proven ability to work efficiently in both independent and team work environments.
- Excellent communication skills and leadership qualities with analytical problem solving abilities including playing vital role in coordinating multiple business meetings and following up on open items.
Databases: Oracle 12c/11g/10g, Teradata
Languages: SQL, PL/SQL, Pro*C, UNIX Shell Scripting, AWK,Perl Scripting
Oracle Tools/ GUI: Forms 11g/10g, Reports 11g/10g, Oracle APEX 5.0.1/3.2
Database Tools/ Query Tools: TOAD, PLSQL Developer, SQL*DEVELOPER, SQL*Loader, Oracle SQL*Plus, SQL Navigator, BI Publisher
ETL/ Data ware housing Tools: Basic knowledge of Oracle Data Integrator ODI, Oracle Warehouse Builder, Informatica
Web Technologies: HTML, HTML5, XML
Other Tools: Secure Shell, Putty, WINSCP, DOS Prompt
Oracle Utilities: SQL Loader, UTL FILE, TRACE, TKPROF, DBMS Utilities, etc.
Operating Systems: Windows Family, Unix, Linux
Version Control Systems: Tortoise SVN,TFS
Ticketing Systems: Service Now, JIRA
Oracle Database Developer
- Create new tables, views, materialized views, Packages, Stored Procedures and functions per the requirements.
- Extensively worked in Oracle SQL, PL/SQL, SQL*Loader, Query performance tuning, created DDL scripts, created database objects like Tables, Views Indexes, Synonyms and Sequences.
- Involved in all working on all phases of Software development life cycle (SDLC). Has taken active part in Analysis, Development & Testing Phases.
- Implemented Data ingestion process using UNIX shell scripts resolved application issues in UNIX production environment. Read and interpreted UNIX logs.
- Wrote UNIX scripts to automate loading files into database using error handling and notification.
- Developed Shell scripts and SQL control files to load data through SQL Loader.
- Experience in working Agile Software Methodology which helps the businesses responds to unpredictability.
- Executed data migration activities that include data analysis, data mapping, conversion, harmonization and business process analysis.
- Analyzed and resolved issues with current and planned systems as they relate to the migration and integration of data
- Job scheduling in CA workload Automation- created the Batch scripts and UNIX shell scripts to automate the jobs scheduling
- Used SQL* Loader and export/import mechanism for data migration for bulk upload.
- Worked extensively on Flat Files, as the data from various Legacy Systems.
- Interacted with end users and functional architects for mapping the legacy data to the Oracle tables.
- Contributed for database designs and assisted in decreasing response time for APEX reports.
- Provide Level 3 support for the already existing applications.
- Experience in end to end knowledge of the project, starts with UNIX process and do business logic and again calls shell script in NOHUP mode, which in turn calls PLSQL program to complete the business requirements etc.
- Formulated SQL queries, functions and processes as per customization requirement for APEX.
- Have worked in fast pace agile environment and attended daily scrum meetings while working towards achieving the Sprint goals.
Key Technologies/Skills: Oracle 12c/11g, UNIX Shell Scripting, Toad, PL/SQL, SQL LOADER, Oracle APEX 5.0, Tortoise SVN, Putty, WINSCP, CA Workload Automation, JIRA tool, Agile Scrum, Perl Scripting, Pro*c
Confidential, Glen Allen, VA
Sr. Oracle Developer
- Analyze the Business Requirements (BRD) and convert them into Technical Specification (Technical Design Document).
- Extensively developed PL/SQL Packages, Stored procedures, Triggers, and finely tuned them for performance. Extensively used PLSQL tables and Bulk loader programs for processing data and loading into oracle tables.
- Coordinated with the front end design team to provide them with the necessary stored procedures and packages and the necessary insight into the data.
- Develop ETLs using PL/SQL in Oracle 10g & 11g to extract, transform and load data from OLTP into Warehouse.
- Worked on building ETL Processes with sources from Flat Files and Oracle.
- Involved in Defect Prevention activities like identifying the root cause of major defects and raise change requests in HP Quality Center
- Involved in the generation of User Interface using oracle forms by extensively creating forms as per the client requirements.
- Proactively tuned SQL queries leading to significant improvement in system response time and efficiency.
- Building UNIX shell scripts for data migration and batch processing.
- Developed user interface Forms, Reports, PL/SQL Packages, Procedures, Functions and Database Triggers to meet the business requirements.
- Generated XML using the Procedures, Functions and Packages.
- Developed and customized existing reports as per client specific requirements using Oracle Reports Builder 10g.
- Used Oracle 11G/R2 and 6i reports designer to create new reports. I am also using these tools to update the existing reports.
- Used Oracle Forms 11G to create new forms and maintain the existing forms.
- Worked with SQL loader, Created control file scripts to dump the data in to the mapping tables and process the data accordingly.
- Involved in Database Performance Tuning using Oracle Hints, Explain plan, TKPROF, Partitioning and Indexes.
- Executing XML files in Putty using UNIX commands
- Tracking logs in Putty using UNIX
- Wrote generic PL/SQL code modules (PL/SQL Libraries) for Reports to handle data manipulations on client
- Created and used Table Partitions to further improve the performance while using tables containing large number of columns and rows.
- Designed and implemented client-server application using Oracle Forms Builder
- Involved in delivering high performance code using advance concepts like Bulk Collect, Collections, and Dynamic SQL.
- Created and modified several UNIX shell scripts according to the changing needs of the project and client requirements.
- Created multiple Unix shell scripts to import data into Oracle using the SQL*Loader
- Created and monitored the Oracle DBMS JOBS as a part of weekly tasks.
- Design, develop, implement, and assist and in validating ETL processes.
- Did unit testing and development testing at ETL level in my mappings.
- Worked as a module lead and managed roles and responsibilities for testing, defect fixing, applying performance tuning methodologies and migrating ETL components to DIT (Development Independent Testing), SIT (System Independent/Integration Testing), UAT (User Acceptance Testing) and production environment
- Involved in Tuning Database & Application performance using Explain Plan.
Key Technologies/Skills: Oracle Database 11g/10g, Windows 7, UNIX, SQL Developer, XML, SQL, PLSQL, UNIX Scripting, Oracle Reports, SSRS, WinSCP, Putty.
Confidential, Wilmington, DE
Sr. Oracle PLSQL Developer
- Reviewed the Business/ Functional/ System Requirement Specs, High Level Design Documents, and Detailed Design Documents.
- Creation of database objects like tables, views, materialized views, procedures and packages using oracle tools like Toad, PL/SQL Developer and SQL* plus.
- Worked with Business Analysts and Business Objects team to understand the requirements and translate the requirement into technical specifications.
- Supported APEX application and conducted performance tuning for SQL.
- Experience in application development using various features of Oracle like Bulk Collections, Table Functions, Autonomous Transactions, Dynamic SQL, Object types, Records and External tables.
- Develops data migration/conversion techniques for upgrades. Evaluates database integration, integrity, and security.
- Created Cursors and Ref Cursors in the PL/SQL Blocks.
- Involved in doing the GAP analysis of the Use cases and Requirements.
- Using DB links and external tables validated and loaded data into Oracle Database from CSV files.
- AUTOSYS job scheduling- created the JIL scripts and UNIX shell scripts to automate the jobs scheduling
- Created batch jobs in regular maintenance, production support to load the data using UNIX shell scripting.
- Extensively used ODI to load data from Oracle, XML files and flat files.
- Secondary responsibility include installing and configuring the Oracle Data Integrator (ODI) software tool in a three-tier environment and performing periodic upgrades, performing source-to-target mappings.
- Setup the Model for the source database and target database and loading the required Data Store by using Reverse Engineering Modules in ODI.
- Created ODI packages, scenarios using interfaces, variables, procedure
- Creating test cases for System Testing (Development Environment), Integration Testing (UAT) and Production (Post Implementation Review).
- Created well guided navigation system to the users based on their roles and privileges in Oracle Apex.
- Develop APEX based web applications to assist customer in daily processing. Enhance and applications with new required functionality and correct errors in applications when required. Develop requirements and specifications to support business needs
- Designed and Developed scripts for uploading data from flat files and XML files into database, performing business validations on the data using PL/SQL Procedures.
- Improve the performance of the slow SQL queries by implementing indexes, using BULK LOAD, BULK COLLECT and developed various procedures, functions and packages to implement the new business.
- Created database triggers for audit and data validation.
- Involved in Unit testing and System Integration testing for PL/ SQL Stored Procedures and Functions.
- Designed the look and feel of the APEX forms (User Interface) along with the users.
- Experience in Business Analysis/design, developing, managing and Implementing Banking applications & Database
- Performance tuning of SQL statements using Hints, Indexes, Explain Plan and TKPROF and identify system calls to reduce costs.
- Automated the entire system using proficient shell programming methodologies and CRON Setup.
- Involved in review, testing and logging defects of the code designed.
- 24/7 production support and involved in implementation of coding standards and Data Base change requests.
- Used SVN for version controlling and ALM (Application Lifecycle Management) for ticketing system.
Key Technologies/Skills: Oracle Database 11g, Windows 7, UNIX, Toad, XML, SQL, PLSQL, UNIX,ODI, Scripting, SVN, ALM, PAC2000, WINSCP, Putty.
Sr. PLSQL Developer
- Involved in analysis, design and coding of Oracle processes in PL/SQL to build packages.
- Design and Development of data validation, load processes, test cases using PL/SQL, Stored Procedures, Functions, Triggers, Cursors using Oracle 10g.
- Validated and loaded data into Oracle Database using DB links and external tables from CSV files.
- Developed Ref Cursors to accommodate the business rules.
- Involved in Database Performance Tuning using Oracle Hints, Explain plan, TKPROF, Partitioning and Indexes.
- Developed SQL Queries to fetch complex data from different tables in remote databases using joins, database links.
- Handled errors using Exception Handling extensively for the ease of debugging and displaying the error messages in the application.
- Addressing day-to-day issues with business users using tools like TOAD.
- Created Tables, Views, Materialized views, and constraints.
- Designed and developed the Forms and Reports for the user Interface.
- Customized Form filed like enabling, disabling form filed and incorporating oracle alerts using form builder 9i.
- Worked in creating target database users and modules using Oracle Warehouse Builder (OWB)
- Created Complex SQL script, Dynamic SQL, Analytical function, for all, Bulk Collect.
- Developed ETL scripts using SQL Loader for transferring flat files into data base tables.
- Done Heavy SQL tuning, troubleshooting, debugging, for performance improvement.
- Load Data monitoring of the County data warehouse scheduled jobs and support.
- Created documentation for migration and performed extensive testing during the various phases of product implementation.
- Used Clear case for version controlling and Clear Quest for ticketing system.
Key Technologies/Skills: Oracle Database 10g, Oracle EBS, Windows XP, UNIX, SQL Loader, SQL Developer, PL/SQL Developer Oracle Forms 10g, Oracle Reports 10g, Discoverer10g, XML, SQL, PLSQL, VSS, WinSCP, Putty.