- Mainframe Developer with 18+ years of results - oriented, progressive experience in application development and support to batch and transactional processes hosted on an IBM mainframe, with a core focus in COBOL, DB2, CICS, JCL and VSAM
- Has extensive knowledge of retail, publishing industry, health and human services, health claims processing. Plays a key role in SDLC including design, development, testing and implementation phases.
- Professionally adaptable to 'get on board' quickly with new technologies and new assignments, able to work independently or in a group/team setting to meet deadlines while handling multiple assignments.
- Well versed in trouble-shooting problems in a wide variety of abnormal terminations in a batch and pseudo conversational environment
- Team player with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- COBOL/COBOL II, CICS, EASYTRIEVE, Micro Focus COBOL, Speedware
- TSO/ISPF, JCL, SPUFI, FILEAID, QMF, CA7/CA-11, XPEDITOR, INTERTEST, ZEKE, FTP, SYNCSORT, IBM Utilities, IDCAMS, TCP/IP, CHANGEMAN, LIBRARIAN, ENDEVOR, Shadow Studio, MS Office, AMISYS, PuTTY, Code Collaborator, Clarify, Clarity, Remedy, Waterfall
- DB2, SQL, IBM/DB2 Utilities. VSAM, IMS/DB, SQL Server, TearaData, WinSCP, Oracle z/OS, MVS/XA/ESA, OS/MVS, UNIX, Windows/NT & MS/DOS
- Provided analysis, design and detail construction for client’s health claims processing systems. Application programming in MF COBOL, Oracle, Shell Script, Speedware under UNIX.
- Converted Speedware claims reporting application to MF COBOL.
- Played instrumental role in setting up and maintaining data integrity in the company's testing environments to include Oracle subsystems, AMISYS and WinSCP.
- Performed unit and system testing using AMISYS - HIPPA compliance software.
Environment: MF COBOL, Oracle, Shell Script, AMISYS, Speedware, WinSCP, UNIX
- Provided analysis, design and detail construction, programming, testing, implementation, and surveillance for new and existing application utilizing COBOL, DB2, CICS, Easytrieve and JCL running under MVS. System is the largest healthcare/PBM system on the IBM mainframe at Confidential .
- Provided proven problem research and resolution skills via 24/7 weekly on-call production support of daily batch jobs and CICS transactional processes for Client Benefit Management (CBM) system.
- Wrote TSD's (technical specifications document), creating test cases, making recommendations for design, code reviews (evaluating code for efficiency, ensure that requirements are satisfied, and code adheres to standards).
- Extensively interacted with the client's user community to gather business rules, functionality requirements for new and enhanced products.
- Actively worked to mentor the offshore team.
Environment: Mainframe, TSO, COBOL, DB2, JCL, SPUFI, Mainframe Utilities, TearaData and Easytrieve
Mainframe Application Developer
- Participated in developing the technical and business requirements for integrating publishing data into the directory management legacy system and ad management production legacy system. This included contract data, publishing data, marketing data, commission data, and financial/billing data.
- Analyzed and compared “as-is” sales reports to “to-be” sales reports. Analyzed data fields and identified information gaps. Developed business requirements to ensure continued reporting capabilities.
- Participated in entering requirements into Quality Center testing database. Linked requirements to testing packages and releases.
- Responsible for developing, modifying and maintaining systems software for ZipLocal, CanPages projects.
- Designed and developed application for the DMS White Pages Business books. Resolved production issues.
- Performed DB2 LOADS, UNLOADS, Image copies, RUNSTATS, BINDS and other DB2 core utilities in developer test and staging DB2 environments.
- Coordinated the project changes and implementation process.
- Exceled in a multi-task work environment.
Environment: COBOL, CICS, DB2, JCL, Mainframe Utilities, PLI