- 9 years of Experience working as a Data Analyst/Data Modeling with emphasis on Data Mapping, Data Validation, Requirement Gathering in Data Warehousing Environment.
- Proficient in Analyzing source system by examining the content, structure and internal relationships of legacy data sources like flat files, Excel, Oracle, Sybase, SQL Server, XML and DB2 databases.
- Extensive experience analyzing and documenting business requirements and system functional specifications including use cases
- Strong Knowledge of Business Intelligence, Data Warehousing and Business Architecture.
- Experience in designing star schema (identification of facts, measures and dimensions), Snowflake schema and ODS architecture for modeling a Data Warehouse by using tools like Erwin, Power Designer, E - R Studio, AbInitio, Designer 2000 and Microsoft Visio.
- Well versed in Normalization/Denormalization techniques for optimum performance in relational and dimensional database environments
- Experience working with Agile data modeling methodologies
- Experience working with conceptual, logical and physical data modeling considering meta data standards.
- Experienced in designing star schema (identification of facts and dimensions), Snowflake schema for modeling a Data Warehouse.
- Experience with Data warehouse applications using Oracle, MS SQL Server on windows and UNIX platforms.
- Knowledge of Ralph Kimball and Bill Inmon’s approaches to Data Warehousing.
- Experience in data transformation, data mapping from source to target database schemas and data cleansing procedures using Informatica Power Center and SSIS.
- Familiarity with Microstrategy, Crystal Reports, Cognos and SSRS - Query, Reporting, Analysis and Enterprise Information Management.
- Experience in Teradata RDBMS using FastLoad, FastExport, MultiLoad, TPump, Teradata SQL Assistance and BTEQ Teradata utilities.
- Facilitated and participated in Joint Application Development (JAD) sessions, and white board sessions to keep executive staff and the team members apprised of goals, project status, and resolving issues.
- Worked in various verticals such as Banking, Health Care, Pharmaceutical, Financial, Retail, Beverages and Educational.
- Good at SQL and PL/SQL.
- Well versed with Data profiling, Data Migration and Data Conversions.
Database systems : Oracle 11g/10g/9i/8i/7.x, SQL Server (2005/2000/7.0 ),DB2,TERADATAv2r5, MS access, Sybase & MySQL .
Data modeling tools : Erwin, Power designer, oracle Designer, ER / Studio, Rational Rose, MS Visio, Embarcadero.
BI/ Reporting tools: Micro Strategy 9, Crystal Reports, Cognos and SSRS
ETL Tools: Informatica 8.1/7.1.3/7.1.1/6. x/5.x and SSIS
Programming Languages: C, C++, Java, Unix shell, Visual Basic, COBOL
Operating Systems: Windows (NT/XP/2003), Linux and Unix.
Other tools: MS Office (Word, Excel, Power Point), MS Project
Confidential, Topeka, KS
- Working with the Business Analyst and DBA, conducting team meetings and JAD sessions for technical requirements gathering, business analysis, testing and project coordination
- Analyze and evaluate existing system for assessing how it supported functions from the Use Case diagrams and UML diagrams
- Developed Logical data model using Erwin 9.2 and created physical data models using forward engineering
- Performed reverse engineering for a wide variety of relational DBMS, including Microsoft Access, Oracle and Teradata, to connect to existing database and create graphical representation (E-R diagram) using Erwin 9.2
- Used BTEQ for SQL queries, and TPump for loading data from source into teradata tables
- Used teradata utilities such as Fast Export, MLOAD for handling various tasks
- Participate in updating the dimensional model, and identify the Facts and Dimensions
- Employed process and data analysis to model a Customer Information Business System.
- Produced functional decomposition diagrams and defined logical data model.
- Coordinated with ETL team for analysis and reporting needs.
- Developed data migration strategies and impact analysis for database
- Design, plan and program data conversion procedures from old to new databases
- Responsible for data lineage, maintaining data dictionary, naming standards and data quality
- Model a database to store customer demographic and other data.
- Design complex reports like aging analysis, invoices generation, profit/loss, balance sheet etc.
- Involved in design and development of standard and ad-hoc reporting using SQL
- Design and developments of the changes and enhancements. The existing submission and refining programs were enhanced to incorporate the new calculations.
- Involved in overall data mart testing and different team review meetings.
Environment: Teradata 16, Oracle 11g, SQL Server 2012, DB2 SQL, Unix, IBM Cognos, Erwin 9.2, SAP Power Designer
- Present System/Data flow diagram to the team Lead Data Analysis effort to identify Provider elements in various source systems Vistar (provider credentialing system), HealthSuite and MC400 (claims adjudication systems).
- Identify source system entities based on reporting requirements and design Data Acquisition layer for all the three source systems mentioned earlier.
- Leadership role in identifying the cardinality of various provider elements and map them from various source systems to corresponding Master Data Management (MDM) landing tables.
- Identify match merge and trust rules amongst various provider specific data elements.
- Extract Provider Golden record data for downstream application consumption.
- Lead Design and Build Scorecards to visualize data quality trend for management consumption.
- Lead effort to integrate Customer Relations Management (CRM) with Master Data Management.
- Lead effort to integrate Enterprise Data warehouse with Master Data Management
- Design Provider Data Access Layer by integrating the Provider MDM with source system data.
Environment: SAP Power Designer, Erwin 9.2, Ab Initio, Teradata, Oracle 11g, IBM Infosphere, AWS Postgres, AWS Redshift
- Experience in complete life cycle of DW/BI/ETL implementations including defining Vision, Strategy, Architecture, Design, development, Testing, Governance, Troubleshooting, Administration, and Production Support.
- Experience in defining data architecture for data warehouses, ODS and business applications.
- Experience in building conceptual (ERDs), logical and physical data models from ground up. Adept in Star-Schema modeling and Dimensional modeling.
- Strong analytic and SQL skills to analyze source systems and define integration/Data requirements.
- Experience in business analysis and requirement gathering.
- Experience in working with industry leading ETL and BI tools and establishing governance standards and best practices for DW/BI environments.
- Experience in Prototyping solutions for design and architecture validation, creating technical specifications, preparing testing strategy, and creating deployment plans
- Adept in implementing Service Oriented Architecture, Master Data Management, Metadata management, Data profiling, and Data Quality Improvement initiatives.
- Expertise in SAP suite of products including SAP Data Services, Information Steward, Business Objects, Lumira.
- Designed the datamart and developed the complete ETL process to load data into the tables and achieve the end goal of building reports in Business Objects.
- Designed and Created the Universes for different datamarts.
- Involved in data mapping efforts for the down streams. Performed the cross system mappings between the existing system and the system under development. Also wrote the logic to map data field requirements for the down streams when there was no one to one correspondence between the data elements.
- Implemented Data Integration using nightly ETL Processes. Identified the Source, the staging tables, the target databases, the SLAs and based on the requirement set upnightly ETL feeds.
- Involved in the full life cycle of Business Objects reporting Application.
- Acted as the liaison between the business and the IT team. Ensured that the business requirements were clearly and unambiguously communicated to the IT team.
- Reviewing and assessing existing data processing methods and techniques.
- Analyzed data sources for content quality, key consistency, and suitability for integration with the overall warehouse.
- Revising existing systems and procedures to correct deficiencies and maintain more effective data handling, conversion, input/output requirements, and storage.
- Designing documentation deliverables including: process models, process decomposition diagrams, network architecture diagrams, data models, data flow diagrams, entity-relationship diagrams.
- Involved in extensive analysis to design the Universes and assigned them to respective domains.
Environment: CA Erwin, SQL Server 2008, Micro Strategy, SQL Developer, Windows XP, MS Visio, MS Access and MS Excel.