- Over 11 years of IT experience in software development Requirements analysis, Design, Coding, Testing, Documentation, and Implementation of Business Intelligence solutions using Data warehousing tools.
- Over 3 years of Application Architecture experience using Oracle Exadata
- Over 7 years of experience as a Teradata Developer
- Strong understanding about Exadata specified features such as Smart Scan, HCC Hybrid Columnar Compression, Flash Cache.
- Proficient in Performance Tuning the applications and database using AWR, ASH.
- Experienced in working with complex and large data to pull and load into data mart.
- Experienced in working with all the major utilities of Teradata (Multiload, FastLoad, FastExport, BTEQ, TPump, TPT, viewpoint, Metadata Manager), Oracle (SQL Loader, SQL Plus)
- Expert in tuning Teradata query performance using Explain Plan and Collect Stats.
- Excellent Programming experience in Teradata SQL, Stored Procedures, UDF and Utilities
- Over 5 years of experience in Informatica PowerCenter & 1 year of experience in Informatica Developer
- Experience in ETL operations to load data from different sources systems such relational tables, flat files, XML, XLS, etc. into Data warehouse and Data marts using Informatica PowerCenter 9.5/9.1/8.6
- High working experience with Informatica PowerCenter transformations like Joiner, Router, Update Strategy, connected and unconnected lookups, Expression, Sorter, Filter, Union, Normalizer, etc. Strong knowledge on administrative tasks with Integration Service and Repository Manager.
- Created and Used Workflow Variables, Session Parameters and Mapping Parameters
- 7+ Years of experience in working in Unix/Linux environment
- Experience in creating wrapper scripts, File handling, Text processing using Linux Korn and Bash script
- 4+ Years of programming experience in Oracle
- Back - end programming experience using Oracle Stored Procedures, Functions, Cursors, Constraints, Views, Export/Import Utilities, Ad-hoc queries.
- Experience of backend design for small reporting application in Oracle
- Almost 2 Years of experience in creating ETL package in SSIS
- Practical Knowledge of Data-warehousing Concepts including creation of Data Marts, Facts and Dimensions, Data modeling principles - Star Schema, Snowflake, Surrogate keys, Normalization/De-normalization.
- Knowledge of Waterfall and Agile Methodologies of Software development life cycle.
- Involved in Preparing HLD, LLD, Test cases, Test Plan, Cut over Plan and ETL Estimation
- Strong experience in handling Incident management tickets such as Nexus and Remedy
- Experience in Level 2 and Level 3 production support. Participated in triage to resolve production issue and put a permanent fix
- Hands on experience of reporting tool using SSRS and Tableau
- Basic Knowledge of Object Oriented Programming; C++, Java, J2EE (Basics)
- Basic knowledge of Data manipulation and analysis tool using SAS and R
- Sound interpersonal skills highlighting an ability to explain complex technical issues.
- Self- starter and ability to work with limited supervision.
ETL Tools: Informatica PowerCenter, Informatica Developer, Informatica PowerExchange, SSIS
Databases: Teradata, Oracle, SQL Server, DB2, MS-Access
Reporting Tools: Tableau, SSRS
Software Development Methodologies: Waterfall, Agile
Operating System: Windows, Linux, AIX
Object Oriented Programming: C++, Java, J2EE (Basics)
Scheduler: Autosys, crontab
Statistics and Data Analysis Tools: R, SAS
DBMS Tools: Toad, Teradata SQL Assistant, SQL Server Management Studio, SQL Developer
Other Tools: Crucible, SVN, Confluence, Rally, WinSCP, Putty, Tectia, uBuild, uDeploy
Confidential, Pasadena, CA
- Worked with Oracle to implement Oracle Exadata on seven different regions using 4 CDB and 1 or 2 PDB
- Provided technical solution for the database migration from Teradata to Exadata Platform including implementation of Disaster Recovery Solution
- Study system to identify the performance bottleneck including inefficient queries and provide solution to tune it.
- Worked with Oracle performance team to tune user queries including making user educated
- Participated in discussion for changing database parameter, debugging issues related to database or ETL, exploring new solutions
- Involved in implementing Database Resource Manager (DBRM)
- Provided user the solution for implementing the changes in their application required for the migration from Teradata to Exadata
- Worked with Oracle ACS and Oracle Support to resolve any unexpected error/issues seen on database
- Participated in the validation phase of Database and Application upgrade activities
- Participated in performance assessment of Database/system and recommend any changes to improve the performance
- Provided technical solution to downstream application team to perform DR testing and helped them in creating test plan document
- Validated and tested TNSNAMES for DR database configuration
- Worked with various application and tools support team to test DR TNSNAMES to verify these works fine during DR test as well as events
- Worked with ETL and SYSDBA to tune configurations/parameters to improve the performance of the DR system
- Worked with performance assessment team to assess/fine tune the DR performance (ETL and Database)
- Helped tune Caboodle application (source queries, configuration)
- Onboarded Informatica DVO (Data Validation Object) and Informatica TDM (Test Data Management) for Cogito Project
Environment: Oracle Exadata, Teradata, Informatica, Crystal Report, Business Object, Windows server
Confidential, Charlotte, NC
Senior Programmer Analyst
- Analyzed user requirements and defined functional specifications
- Designed Business workflow charts to develop the Functional to Business process
- Pulled, analyzed and validated complex and large data using SQL queries
- Designed the backend functionality of the CM system using SQL
- Analyzed and enhanced a treasury markets trading system, such as OPICS and Calypso
- Developed and implemented test validations of the data, applications and systems using automation tools
- Analyzed test results and recommended modifications to meet project specifications
- Loaded data from different source systems
- Migrated applications into the various systems using various deployment tools
- Documented modifications and enhancements made to the data, applications and systems as required by the project.
Environment: Oracle, UNIX/Linux, Java, Autosys, Anthill, SSRS
Confidential, Charlotte, NC
- Worked as a support and enhancement lead for multiple applications for Digital Marketing group.
- Monitored production jobs daily and worked on issues relating to the job failure and restarted failed jobs after correcting the errors.
- Worked on multiple enhancement requests for the various supporting applications
- Provide estimates and take part in technical discussion for small enhancements
- Created Technical Design Specifications, Unit test document based on the requirement provided by the Business
- Created Teradata TPT and Bteq to pulled data from different source and load into data mart
- Performed impact analysis in case of decommission/retire of any source feed/table/columns
- Coordinated with business on the changes and participate in user acceptance testing.
- Support and enhancement for application running in Bteq/SAS on AIX platform
- Created change request using Remedy tool
- Migrated code using uBuild and uDeploy tool
- Worked on server migration project for applications running on AIX/Oracle to Linux/Oracle box
- Modified/created Informatica PowerCenter mappings/workflows for the new enhancement request.
- Used Informatica Designer to create complex mappings using different transformations like Filter, Router, Connected & Unconnected lookups, Normalizer, Joiner, Update Strategy, Expressions and Aggregator transformations to pipeline data to Data Warehouse.
- End to end testing of mappings and workflows.
- Used workflow monitor to monitor the jobs, reviewed session/workflow logs that were generated for each session to resolve issues, used Informatica debugger to identify issues in mapping execution.
- Tuned SQL statements, Informatica mappings, used Informatica parallelism options to speed up data loading to meet defined SLA
- Worked on server migration project for applications running on Windows 2008 to Windows 2012 server
- Designed backend tables to store data in presentation layer for reporting application
- Developed strategies for Incremental data extractions and load into the Oracle (presentation layer)
- Extracted data from various sources like Oracle, Teradata, DB2, Splunk, Flat files, Excel spreadsheets and loaded into the Oracle database.
- Gathered requirement for the new Charts/Graphs or reconciliation report for COSMOS application
- Created reusable scripts to pull data from Teradata and Splunk for different requirement.
- Production support activities including analysis of issue, fixing and ad hoc data load
- Involved in Production Support by performing Normal Loads, Bulk Loads, Initial Loads, Incremental Loads, Daily loads and Monthly loads
- Actively involved in gathering requirements and acquiring application knowledge from Business Managers & Application SME’s.
- Prepared the High-level Design document to provide an overview of the technical design specification system required for Application Enhancements.
- Supported applications platform by fixing any securities/compliance issues
- Provide quick solutions, temp/ad-hoc fix for the production issues
- Ad hoc data load for analysis and research
- Participate in Disaster Recovery Exercise
- Assisted/groomed team members and provided guidance during Report and ETL development
- Regularly checking project progress, status reporting, risk identification and communicating to proper channel.
Environment: Teradata 14, Sql Server, Oracle, DB2, Mainframe, Teradata (TPT and BTeq), Linux, SSIS, Autosys, Crontab, SAS
Informatica/Teradata Developer Lead
- Worked as Lead developer for this migration project from SSIS to Informatica
- Analyzed SSIS packages, stored procedure and documented the logic
- Gathered and elicited requirement and created design doc
- Used Informatica Designer to create complex mappings using different transformations like Filter, Router, Connected & Unconnected lookups, Stored Procedure, Joiner, Update Strategy, Expressions and Aggregator transformations to pipeline data to Data Warehouse.
- Created Informatica Mappings, Sessions and Workflows
- Tuned performance of mappings and workflows
- Created MultiLoad, FastLoad, TPump, FastExport, BTEQ scripts
- Created connection strings for connectivity with database.
- Created complex UNIX script to pre-process data cleansing and post load auditing of data
- Created of test scripts and documented test results of Mappings and Workflows
- Use session parameters to get the run time and mapping details in the audit table
- Migrated Informatica objects to higher environment using Informatica Repository Manager.
- Tested Informatica workflow from Workflow Manager, Workflow Monitor and PMCMD command.
- Prepared the documents for Production migration and provided post production support.
- Used Informatica Version Control for checking in all versions of the objects used in creating the mappings, workflows to keep track of the changes in the development, test and production environment.
- Created tool to export Workflow XML from Informatica command task
- Reviewed ETL Mappings/Sessions etc. developed by team members.
- Created and deployed Autosys JIL file both from GUI and command task.
- Created scripts to generate report for Autosys Job
- Defect fix and post-release warranty support.
Environment: Teradata 12, SSIS, Sql Server, DB2, Informatica (Ver 9.x), Unix, Autosys
- Requirement analysis and participate in design phase
- Mapping document analysis and creation of high level design documents
- Extensively used Informatica Power center for extracting, transforming and loading data from relational sources and non-relational sources
- Created Sessions, Workflows, Command Tasks in Informatica PowerCenter
- Extensively used the transformations Sequence Generator, Expression, Filter, Router, Sorter, Rank, Aggregator, Look Up, Update Strategy, Source Qualifier, Joiner, Normalizer.
- Created reusable scripts to dynamically create parameter file before the workflow is called
- Created post-scripts to capture the details for audit
- Created pre-scripts to validated the header, trailer of the file
- Created complex scripts to cleansed source data and massaged data
- Created test scripts for Unit and Integration testing
- Performed Unit and Integration testing and documented the test results
- Implemented SCD Type-I and Type-II using Informatica PowerCenter
- Used Informatica PowerExchange to pull xml data
- Used Flat file, excel, relational database such as DB2, Oracle as a source to load data into Teradata
- Created migration documents
- End to end flow testing to validate the Business logic
Environment: Teradata 12, Sql Server, DB2, Informatica (Ver 8.x), Unix
- Analyzed tickets to identify the root cause of the data/logic issue
- Created/Modified the MultiLoad, FastLoad, BTeq scripts
- Perform impact analysis for the changes
- Created design documents for the provided solutions
- Created test data/ test script to test solutions in lower environment
- Created job to be scheduled in crontab
- Perform analysis for the skew data and tune bad query to increase the performance
- Created ad hoc scripts to load data for testing
- Participate in Onshore call to discuss issue/provide solutions.
Environment: Teradata 12, crontab, Unix