- 5+ years of experience with SQL and MSBI. Worked with different domains such as health, finance and Pharmacy and good exposure with all - star schema, snow flake schema, data modeling and work with different data warehouse projects.
- Strong exposure with SQL Queries such as Statements (DML, DQL, DDL, DCL, and TCL), SQL Functions, Set Operators, Clauses, Views, Sequence, Synonyms, Common Table Expressions (CTE), JOINS, Correlated Sub Query’s to retrieve data from the database & TSQL Queries as Control Structures, Cursors, Stored procedures, User Defined Functions (UDFs), Triggers, System, Tuning Complex SQL Queries, Group Functions, Sub Queries, Views, Exceptions Error Handling, Dynamic SQL and Package (Specification & Body)
- Expertise includes SQL Server to Open source MySQL Enterprise migration, rewritten views, filters to migrate SQL Server row-based filtering in MySQL Server with multiple queries by filtering out the tables, rows, filtered database tables individually by running multiple queries.
- Extensively worked in building Business Intelligence, Decision Support systems and Corporate Performance Management solutions including Dashboards, Score Cards, Query & Analysis reports and KPI using MS SQL Server Analysis Services, MS SQL Server Integration Services, MS SQL Server Reporting Services, MS Power BI, Tableau and Informatica.
- Proficient with SQL Analysis Services 2008/2012/2014/2016 such as, building multi-dimensional cubes, Dimensions, fact tables, Hierarchies, levels, roles, performed drill-up, drill-down, and drill-through and applying cube security.
- Strong MySQL and SQL Server skills but also significant general system administration skills on UNIX/HP Open VMS, Linux and Windows environment. Proficient writing shell scripts as well as knowledge in general systems administration tasks.
- Proficient in Data modeling, Data mapping identification & documentation, Data Extraction and Load Process from multiple Data sources, Data verification, Data Analysis, Data Cleansing, Transformation, Integration, Data import, Data exports. Developed & implemented policies, standards for persevering the integrity & security of data.
- Built Visual Analytics Reports such as Drill down, Drill through, Drill across, Sub Reports, Dashboards, Parameterized reports, Tables, Matrixes, Gauges, Indicators, Bar Graphs & Line Graphs using MS SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) 2014/2012/2008 R2/2008, Tableau, Crystal Reports.
- Designed databases for referential integrity and involved in logical design plan. Expertise includes SQL Server to Open source MySQL Enterprise migration, rewritten views, filters to migrate SQL Server row-based filtering in MySQL Server with multiple queries by filtering out the tables, rows, filtered database tables individually by running multiple queries.
- Extensive experience in Extracting, Transforming and Loading (ETL) data into centralized databases from and to wide variety of data sources like Excel and Spreadsheets, Text files, SQL SERVER and Oracle using Integration Services and SP’s. Also, good in validating and testing that the data pumped is valid.
- Performance Tuning daily for preventing issues and providing capacity planning using MySQL Enterprise Monitor. Performed MySQL Replication setup and administration on Master-Slave and Master-Master.
- Experienced in Performance Tuning, Query Optimization, Client/Server Connectivity, and Database Consistency Checks using different Utilities. Expertise in snapshot, import/export, db optimization with the help of explain plan. Expertise in database migration from MyISAM format to Innodb storage engine to increase performance and betterment of integrity constraints.
- Expertise with ShellScript, PHP backend, C# application integrations & development.
- Extensive experience in MS SQL Server 2016/ 2014/2012/2008 R2/2008, BI tools like SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), and SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS).
- Experience using Microsoft .NET platform with 3-tier Development environment using C#, ASP.NET, ADO.NET, XML, Web Services, SOAP, ODBC, IIS, Crystal Reports.
- Highly Proficient in developing SSIS Packages to Extract, Transform and Load (ETL)/DTS data into the Data warehouse from Heterogeneous data sources such as Oracle, DB2, MS Excel, MS Access, CSV, Oracle, flat file.
- Strong understanding of data warehousing concepts, OLTP, OLAP, Normalization, Star, and Snow Flake data models. Expert in writing parameterized queries for generating tabular reports, formatting report layout, sub-reports using global variables, subtotals, expressions, functions, sorting the data, defining data sources for the reports using SSRS.
- Familiar with MySQL storage engines InnoDB, which falls on the slower end of the spectrum, but maintains reliability and MyISAM
- Created various types of charts like Heat Maps, Geocoding, Symbol Maps, Pie Charts, Bar Charts, Tree Maps, Gantts, Circle Views, Line Charts, Area Charts, Scatter Plots, Bullet Graphs and Histograms in Power BI and Excel to provide better data visualization.
- Expert in generating on-demand and scheduled reports for business analysis or management decision using SQL Servers Reporting Services (SSRS), and Power BI. Periodic reporting is done on a daily, weekly, monthly, and quarterly basis which helps the client.
- Created Excel reports, Dashboards & Performing Data validation activity VLOOKUP, HLOOKUP, Macros, formulas, index match, Slicer with (Pivot table, Get Pivot Data, Dashboards), Power View, Power Map and Heat Map.
- Expert on Microsoft Power BI reports, dashboards, and publishing to the end users for executive level Business Decisions.
- Expert on maintaining and managing Power BI driven reports and dashboards.
Languages: SQL, Transact SQL, PL/SQL, Embedded SQL, C, C++ Java, J2EE, ASP.NET,C#.NET,VB.NET,HTML 4.0, DHTML,XML
Databases: SQL Server 2012/2008 R 2/2008/2005/2000 , SharePoint, Oracle 9i/8.x, DB2, MS Access
Reporting Tools: SQL Server 2012/2008R2/2005 Reporting Service (SSRS), Crystal Reports XI/10/9
ETL Tools: SSIS (SQL Server 2005/2008/2008 R2, 2012 Integration Services),SQL Server 2000 DTS, Import Export Data, Bulk Copy Program (BCP)
MS Office: 2010/2007/2003/2000 , MS Project Adobe Professional.
Operating Systems: Windows (updated to 2012), MAC OSX Tiger/Leopard, Unix, Linux (Ubuntu updated to 12.04)
Database Tools: SQL Query Analyzer, SQL Enterprise Manager, Management Studio, SQL Server 2008 Query Editor, Solution Explorer, Analysis Manager, Reporting Server
Methodologies: Logical and Physical Database Design, UML, Database Design and Normalization, Data Modeling
Confidential, Roselle, NJ
SQL / BI Developer
- Actively participated in SDLC processes including requirement gathering, analysis, development, implementation, testing and maintenance.
- Created SQL queries for data retrieval and optimized queries for maximum efficiency using SQL profiler.
- Involved in the development of SQL server maintenance plan, scheduling jobs, alerts, trouble shooting.
- Migrated data from Oracle, Excel, flat files, MS Access to MS SQL server using DTS and SSIS.
- Used FTP task, ETL Script task, lookup transformation and Data flow task to load staging databases in SSIS.
- Created cubes in star and snowflake schemas, applied partitions, aggregations on it, used MDX to retrieve data using SSAS.
- Designed and implemented fact and dimension tables and OLAP cubes using dimensional modeling in SQL server analysis services (SSAS).
- Created sub report, On-demand, custom Ad-hoc reports using SSRS. Designed and developed report layout including parameterized report, drill down, and drill through reports.
- Deployed SSIS Package into Production and used Package configuration to export various package properties to make package environment independent.
Environment: MS SQL Server, MS SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), MS SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS), Windows 10, Team Foundation Server (TFS).
Confidential, East Windsor, NJ
MS SQL Server SSIS/SSRS Developer
- Created SQL Server Reports for Management using SSRS. Tasks included defining requirements, design, develop, test, implement and maintain reports using SSRS.
- Design and code high quality database solutions within a fast paced monthly release cycle.
- Developed several reports with consistent drill-down functionality including Drilldown reports, Summary reports and Master Detail reports.
- Developed Custom Functions, Manual Running Totals and Complex Formulas for reports.
- Used breaks, calculations, sorts, filters and sections to enhance data presentation in reports.
- Created SSIS package in which records were loaded daily, also from other data resources such as Excel, Access, flat file, and XML to create and maintain a centralized data warehouse.
- Created cube structure for the analysis of business condition and for creation of report using SSAS.
- Created drill down and sub reports from SSAS cubes that can be browsed on web.
- Worked on with Report Manager, Report Builder and Reporting Security and Reporting Services Configuration manager.
- Communicate and defend design, requirements, feature set, functionality, usability and limitations of subsystem to team and/or development lead or manager.
Environment: MS SQL Server, SSRS, SSIS, T-SQL, MS-Excel, XML, Windows XP/10.
Confidential, lslandia, NY
Sr. SQL BI Developer
- Responsible for creating Informatica mapping documents.
- Worked on data warehouse ETL and data modeling.
- Involved in complete software development life cycle process utilizing agile methodology.
- Created stored procedures, user defined functions, views, and TSQL scripts for implementing business logic.
- Built effective queries for high-performance reporting and rendered them to HTML, XML, PDF and Excel formats using Reporting Services.
- Wrote complex queries utilizing joins, sub queries, CTE, and set operators involving multiple tables.
- Analyzed execution plans to optimize queries; created proper indexes to improve query performance.
- Performed extraction, transformation, and loading of data from SQL Server and Flat file sources into the target database.
- Used C# and VB Scripts in ETL Packages where ever necessary.
- Used script task and script component to design C# script to deal with the flat files.
- Involved in developing and modifying VB and XML reports for exporting the reports to web application.
- Successfully deployed reports in various sources like XML, Web browser and PDF.
- Imported data to staging database and data warehouse using multiple ETL Packages.
- Implemented Type 1 and Type 2 Slowly Changing Dimensions for Incremental load in SSIS.
- Filtered dirty data from legacy system with transformations such as derived column, lookups, fuzzy lookups, and conditional split.
- Generated Reports as per user requirement using SSRS 2008 from DAX database systems.
- Improved the functionality of SSIS packages through implementing advanced SSIS features such as transactions and checkpoints.
- Worked on Power BI (data visualization BI Tool) to develop reports and packages accordingly and integrate to Office 365 as an added feature to 2016.
- Involved in Building and maintaining Tabular cubes using SQL Server Analysis Services and used MDX/DAX queries for pulling the data from cubes.
- Implemented error handling through event handlers, precedence constraints and logging while designing SSIS packages.
- Developed packages which schedule maintenance tasks, process cubes, and import files from the data warehouse.
- Optimized issue resolution procedures for large-scale production environments in SSIS.
- Collaborated different environments utilizing TFS.
Environment: SQL Server 2014/2012, OLTP, PL/SQL, OLAP, SSIS, SSRS 2008R2, 2012, 2014, C#, ADO.net, XML, Windows Server 2008, Agile, Tableau, Power BI, VS 2010/2012, T-SQL, and Excel.
Confidential, Baltimore, MD
SQL Developer (SSIS, SSRS)
- Responsible for SQL Server Reporting Services Planning, Architecture, Training, Support and Administration in Development, Test and Production Environments.
- Created numerous simple to complex queries involving self joins, correlated sub queries, CTE's for diverse business requirements.
- They have all the old reports in Business Objects (BO). So I was supposed to rewrite the active reports in to
- SSRS from BO Reports.
- Identified and worked with Parameters for parameterized reports in SSRS 2008R2
- Work with developers, DBAs, and systems support personnel in elevating and automating successful code to production.
- Used Performance Point Server (PPS)to create interactive reports with an ability to drill down into details
- Perform unit level analysis on all work done before handing over to the testing team
- Create and optimize complex T-SQL queries and stored procedures to encapsulate reporting logic
- Create SSRS reports according to user requirements and technical standards
- Customize output formats from SSRS to Excel, PDF, and CSV.
- Creating Report-Models for ad-hoc reporting and analysis.
- Developed Query for generating drill down reports in SSRS 2008 R2
- Improved Report Performance and performed unit testing.
- Also worked on Excel 2010, Power Pivot for providing ad-hoc reporting for the clients
- Analyzed data from SSAS by using excel pivot tables and Power BI
- Involved in creating and visualizing dashboards using Tableau Desktop.
Environment: SQL Server Business Intelligence Development Studio 2008R2, Microsoft Visual Studio, Linux, SQL Server /SSRS/SSIS, Tableau, XML, MS Excel.