To serve as a Database Administrator/Architect/Developer creating definition, documentation, structure, security, optimization, monitoring and long term plans for SQL Server database platforms.
Database Systems/Technologies: SQL Server (6.5 - Azure), Oracle (8i-10g), Postgres, DB2, LDAP, MySQL, Access, SQL Anywhere, OLAP, OLTP, Stored Procedures, Triggers, Views, Backups, Replication, Mirroring, Log Shipping, Disaster Recovery, TDE, Analysis Services, Row Level Security, Tabular Data Models, SSRS, SSIS, Availability Groups, Clustering
AZURE TECHNOLOGIES: Azure Managed Instance, SQL DB, Analysis Services, Database Sharding, Elastic Jobs, Azure Functions, Key Vault, Storage Accounts, Power BI, Active Directory Application Registration, Managed Identities
Operating systems: Windows (All platforms), Novell (CNA), MS-DOS, UNIX, Linux, AIX
Confidential, Cincinnati, OH
- Completed database conversion of on-site customer databases into an Azure managed instance cloud offering.
- Developed and released a completely new database schema that incorporated row level security for tenant access from a legacy schema.
- Created migration plan and scripts to onboard/convert legacy customers onto the new platform.
- Implemented Azure Analysis Services to host tabular data models for reporting.
- Developed Azure functions to monitor database connectivity and process analysis services data models.
- Built Power BI reports to access analysis services data models in a multi-tenant environment.
- Implemented scheduled jobs for database maintenance, examples: index reorg/rebuild, statistic updates, determine replication latency, purges, etc.
- Implemented replication in Azure from a managed instance to a report DB (SQL DB).
- Created a proof of concept sharded database environment in Azure.
Confidential, Richmond, VA
- Senior Database Engineer for SQL Server databases for over 200 hospital departments.
- Served as a data modeler for any new database structures.
- Created all new database objects which included tables, stored procedures, user defined functions, and triggers.
- Migrated entire system from SQL Server 2000 to SQL Server 2005, then later to 2008.
- Implemented monitoring system to track database up time and scheduled job completion.
- Created and implemented disaster recovery plan which includes a combination of replication and mirroring.
- Performed query and database structure optimizations.
- Programed web services to allow mobile devices to communicate and transfer data to and from the database.
- Developed and implemented all interface programs which allow the application to transfer data to and from the hospitals.
- Interfaces include ADT (HL7 patient transfer), item master import, order export, billing export, and order update.
- Custom interfaces were also developed.