- 12+ years of IT experience in Data Design and Development on Microsoft SQL Server 2016/2012/2008 R 2/2008/2005/2000 , T - SQL, Performance Tuning, Troubleshooting, SSIS/DTS Package Configuration, SSRS, SSAS and Data-warehousing.
- Experience in using Business Intelligence tools(SSIS,SSAS,SSRS) in MS SQL Server 2008
- Extensive experience with T-SQL in constructing Triggers, Tables, implementing stored Procedures, Functions, Views, User Profiles, Data Dictionaries and Data Integrity.
- Extensive knowledge of Normalization and Relational Database Management Systems.
- Hands on experience on various SQL Server Services like Integration Services (SSIS), Analysis Services (SSAS), and Reporting Services (SSRS).
- Hands on Experience in Installing, Configuring, Managing, monitoring and troubleshooting SQL Server 2016/2012/2008 r2/2005.
- Created Business Intelligence Reports using Cognos Impromptu and Cognos PowerPlay
- Published PowerPlay cubes and Impromptu reports to Upfront
- Administered Access Manager to implement Security among Cognos applications
- Used Metadata Migration Tool for migrating Impromptu Catalogs and Architect Model to ReportNet Framework model.
- Great ability to create and manage various database objects like tables, views.
- Excellent T-SQL development skills to write complex queries involving multiple tables, great ability to develop and maintain stored procedures, triggers, user defined functions.
- Experience in Performance Tuning and Query Optimization.
- Experienced in using ETL tools in (SSIS) MS SQL 2008,MS SQL 2005 and DTS in MS SQL 2000
- Experience in Extracting, Transforming and Loading (ETL) data from Excel, Flat file, Oracle to MS SQL Server by using BCP utility, DTS and SSIS services.
- Data Loading Experience in SQL Server 2012 using SSIS ETL and Experience in developing packages in SSIS and DTS according to task.
- Data analysis and data migration by transferring them using SSIS packages.
- Experience with logical and physical data modeling and database design using Erwin.
- Experience in Designing and Building the Dimensions and cubes with star schema using SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS).
- Deployed and processed SSAS cube weekly to update information by using SQL Server Agent.
- Expert in creating SSAS cubes and creating dashboards in PPS (Performance Point Server) using Business Modeler.
- Expert in creating simple and parameterized reports and also complex reports involving Sub Reports, Matrix/Tabular Reports, Charts and Graphs using SSRS in Business intelligence development studio (BIDS).
- Experience in writing expressions in SSRS and Expert in fine tuning the reports. Created many Drill through and Drill Down reports using SSRS.
OLAP Tools: Cognos 7.0/7.1/7.3/8.1/8.3/8.4.1/10/11.0.12 , (Impromptu, PowerPlay, Transformer, Architect, Access Manager, IWR, Upfront, PPES), ReportNet,Informatica, SSIS, SSRS
RDBMS/DBMS: Oracle 12i/10g/9i/8i/7.x, MySQL, MSSQL Server 201 2/2008/2005/2000 , Teradata v2r6/v2r5, SAP BW.0/3.5/3.1c/3.0A
Web Servers: Sun One 5.2, Microsoft Internet Information Server (IIS) 4.0/3.0
Application Servers: WebLogic 9.0, Websphere 6.1
Programming Languages: C, C++, SQL, PLSQL, .NET,SharePoint 2012/2007
Microsoft Tools: MS Excel, MS Word, MS PowerPoint, Visual Studio Data Tools.
Cloud Technology: Azure Data Factory, Azure Synapse (DW)
Operating Systems: Windows NT/2012/7/XP, AIX, Linux, UNIX
Sr BI Consultant
- Generates various List Reports, Grouped Reports, Cross tab Reports, Chart Reports, Drill-Down and Drill-Through Reports.
- Uses ETL (SSIS) to develop jobs for extracting, cleaning, transforming and loading data into data warehouse.
- Involved in the Migration of Databases from SQL Server 2012 to SQL Server 2016.
- Prepares complete data mapping for all the migrated jobs using SSIS.
- Responsible for performing T-SQL tuning, multi-tasking and optimizing queries for reports which take longer time in execution with SQL Server 2016/2012.
- Helped create Complex ETL Packages using SSIS to extract data from staging tables to partitioned tables with incremental load.
- Helped create SSIS Reusable Packages to extract data from Multi formatted Flat files, Excel and XML files into SQL Server tables.
- Develops, deploys, and monitors SSIS Packages.
- Created SSIS packages to populate data from various data sources.
- Created packages using SSIS for data extraction from Flat Files, Excel Files, and OLEDB to SQL Server.
- Experience in developing Framework Manager Models and analyzed those models in analysis studio.
- Gathers and analyzes business requirements from users and business community.
- Built ad-hoc reports using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS).
- Designed and developed OLAP Cubes and Dimensions using SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS).
- Work with project teams for upgrading SQL Server 2016 to SQL Server 2012.
- Analyzes existing transactional database schemas and designs star schema models to support the users reporting needs and requirements.
- Underwent Microsoft Azure Trainingand started working on it.
- Creates Sophisticated Reports using Report Studio.
- Uses some advanced features like Conditional Formatting in Report Studio in generating multipage Reports.
Environment: Cognos 10.2.1/11.0.8 BI, Cognos Connection, Report Studio, Query Studio, Frame Work Manager,, SQL server 2012, Tortoise SVN, SQL Server Management studio, SSIS ETL Tool.
- Used Business Intelligence Development Studio to build reports using the wizards and designers and deploy them to Report Server. Working as a Technical Lead for a team of 7 and monitoring the individual performances.
- Received, organized, prioritized and coordinated all analysis, development, testing and quality assurance of Business Intelligence support.
- Created and maintained databases, tables, stored procedures, indexes, database check constraints, and business rules using T-SQL.
- Designed packages in SSIS 2008 with various complex transformations such as derived column, conditional split, lookup, aggregation, execute SQL task.
- Ensured a balanced allocation to all efforts, allowing time for projects for infrastructure upkeep, progress on long-term roadmap items and addressing data gaps and solution’s innovation.
- Created Stored Procedures, views in SQL Server using T-SQL to collect data for SQL reports.
- Created user variables, property expressions, script task in SSIS.
- Implemented various SSIS packages having different tasks and transformations and scheduled SSIS packages.
- Developed and implemented procedures to ensure the quality, usability and accuracy of reports.
- Created dimensional models using Erwin. Scheduled enterprise data warehouse jobs using Tidal scheduler and scheduled SSIS jobs. Used SQL Server Integration Services for extraction, transformation and load (ETL) of data in the data warehouse.
- Extensively used Transformations like Router, Aggregator, Normalizer, Joiner, Expression and Lookup, Update strategy and Sequence generator and Stored Procedure.
- Maintained an effective BI/DW architecture, the administration and reporting development delivery organization.
- Worked in Charter of accounts outage every month which is part of Hyperion maintenance.
- Created several tickets with Oracle, Microsoft and SSIS to troubleshoot product issues.
- Pulled data from Lawson ERP which is using Informaticainto datawarehouse and then pulled data from datawarehouse to Cognos modules.
- Created mappings in Informatica to load the Lawson data into datwarehouse.
- Provided coaching and mentored support to staff for development opportunities and career path guidance.
Environment: SQL Server 2012/2008R2/2008, Windows 2008 server, SQL Server Management Studio,Tidal scheduler, SSIS 2012, Cognos 8, Cognos power play, Informatica, Erwin, Lawson ERP
Sr BI Developer
- Ensured the team was adequate on call performance, daily/weekly/monthly auditing of the BI/DW infrastructure and user inquiry support to identify and resolve issues, escalated as appropriate and communicate issue resolution in a timely manner.
- Advised the Director of Financial Systems and Business Intelligence Services on staffing levels, staff performance and potential areas of need within the group.
- Resolved the High priority issues in ETL and Cognos8x environment.
- Interacted with end users regularly to analyze the issue and troubleshoot it.
- Created many fact and Dimension builds in Cognos Data Manager.
- Worked on Multiple tasks simultaneously Implemented Business Enhancement requests in ETL, Framework Manager.
- Tested the Modified reports against database.
- Participated and contributed in BI/DW Technology vision, roadmaps, platforms and standards discussions.
- Extensively used bulk collection in PL/SQL objects for improving the performing. Extensively used the advanced features of PL/SQL like Records, Tables, Object types and Dynamic SQL.
- Worked extensively on Access Manager in creating basic sign on.
- Created User Groups, Roles to implement the Cognos Security using Directory Server.
- Created Complex Reports in Cognos 8 BI Report Studio.
- Created Power Play Reports by using Analysis Studio.
- Created Interactive-Dashboards using Drill through capability in Report Studio.
- Created Portal tabs for Cognos Dashboard Reports.
- Created Framework manager models with calculated columns, filters and macros from different data sources and created packages to suit the reporting needs of the client.
- Developed list, chart, crosstab, master detail, and dashboard reports using Report studio.
- Created reports that involved conditional formatting, drill through, prompts, render variables and conditional blogs.
- Created multi-dimensional cubes, cube groups, power play reports using transformer.
- Created prompt pages, cascading prompts, templates in the report.
- Applied drilldown, slicing and dicing operations on the power play cubes.
- Created users and user classes in Access manager.
- Trained the end users to effectively use the reporting tool to build and customize their ad-hoc reports.
- Efficiently Solved the User Problems in Reports and modified the reports in the process of trouble shooting.
Environment: Cognos 8.4.1(Framework Manager, Query Studio, Report Studio, Analysis Studio, Metric Studio and Event Studio), Cognos Transformer 8.4.1, Cognos Data Manager 8.4.1, Oracle10g (SQL, PL/SQL)
Sr BI Developer
- Responsible for the high performance and availability of the Cognos 8 tool.
- Experienced with Data Governance including Data Quality and Data Security.
- Provided technical expertise as a liaison between Developers and the Support Team Coordinated with IBM Cognos for resolution of any technical issues which require product vendor engagement.
- Designed and supported public folder reporting via Cognos Report Studio, Query Studio, including any user defined delivery methods. Consulted with business areas on matters relating to system connections, security, user accounts, and creation of data models. Involved in installing Blue stripe collector software in all Congos server environments to monitor the performance.
- Supported the Dev/Test/Production environments and provided system and application support for all end users.
- Coordinated/assisted/developed Cognos framework manager model adjustments to accommodate new and existing business requirements.
- Underwent training and maintained the ESRI GIS (Geographical Information Systems) tools.
- Worked with DBA in process of trouble shooting the requests.
- Assisted in the development of production reports, cubes and analytical applications.
- Captured and maintained business and technical metadata in a user and developer accessible repository.
- Upgraded Cognos software from Cognos 8.4.1 FP1 to 8.4.1 FP3. Undergone training of Cognos 10 administration.
Environment: Cognos 8.4.1/10 -Framework Manager, Report Studio, Analysis Studio, Query Studio, Report net 1.1, Cognos Transformer, Power play Window/Web, Impromptu 7.3,Mig Utilities, Blue stripe Collector, IBM License Metric Tool, SQL Server 2005, Oracle 11i.
BI Technical Lead
- Strong knowledge and use of SDLC methodologies, standards and procedures.
- Designed, developed and support Cognos BI content including reports, cubes, packages, dashboards, presentation portals etc.
- Developed Cognos Framework Manager Model adjustments to accommodate new and existing business requirements.
- Extensively used Informatica debugger to figure out the problems in mapping.
- Involved in troubleshooting existing ETL bugs.
- Designed complex mappings involving constraint based loading, target load order.
- Involved in validating the reports at the time of migration from Cognos 8.4.1 FP1 to 8.4.1 FP2.
- Developed Master detail, Drill through and rank reports by using report studio.
- Created Daily backups by using Cognos Connection.
- Implemented Security with LDAP and Group level security in Cognos Connection Portal.
- Implemented Framework manager security for Data access, Object level access and Package access.
- Customized Cognos Connection with appropriate reports and security measures.
- Implemented Third Party Security with LDAP and use those in creating Data Level, Object Securities in Framework Manager Models.
- Securing Cognos Connection and setup ReportNet security by assigning users to the groups and roles defined in Cognos Namespace. Created HTML Items, packages, templates and reusable components.
- Developed Complex reports by using Conditional formatting and Conditional blocking.
- Queried from different database tables as per the requirement.
- Worked with Teradata SQL Assistant to run queries for validating the Cognos reports output.
- Worked with Visual Source Safe (VSS) in placing the latest versions of Framework Manager Model and Report xml’s.
- Scheduled and Distributed reports through Schedule Management in Cognos Connection.
- Prepared Unit Test Cases and documented the results.
- Used Quality Assistant to track the defects raised by testing team.
- Involved in Microstrategy 9 training provided by the company.
- Involved in creating Attributes, Metrics and Reports in Microstrategy based on Cognos reports.
Environment: Cognos 8.4.1 -Framework Manager, Report Studio, Analysis Studio, Query Studio, Report net 1.1, Cognos Transformer, Power play Window/Web, Microstratrgy 9, Informatica 8.6.1, Oracle 11i, PL/SQL, Teradata V2R12, SharePoint 2007, Unix Shell Scripting, Windows 2000.