- Over all 4 years of experience in Database Administration, maintenance and production support of relational databases, business applications, new server setup, Data modeling, Installation, Configuration, upgrading and troubleshooting MySQL databases.
- Successfully managed High Availability and Scalability for MySQL using Master High Availability as well Slave High Availability and Linux HA Heartbeat of production systems for Corporate Sectors and Individual Organizations as MySQL DBA.
- Strong MySQL and SQL Server skills but also significant general system administration skills on UNIX/HP Open VMS, Linux and Windows environment. Proficient writing shell scripts, Perl script for Linux/Unix as well as knowledge in general systems administration tasks.
- Expertise in the administration of Web based Internet/Intranet Client/Server multi - tire distributed application, major in database technologies in Consulting, Sales & Finance, Telecom, Quality & Standards domains.
- Expertise in Database optimization and developing MySQL Database Objects like Schemas, Tables, Views, Stored Procedures, Indexes (cluster/Non-cluster) Constraints, Triggers, Buffer Pools, User Roles and functions.
- Expertise in designing, modeling, developing, and support web-based projects with responsibilities including analysis, design, development, implementation and maintenance.
- Expertise in Performance Tuning, Query Optimization, Client/Server Connectivity, and Database Consistency Checks using different Utilities.
- Expertise in snapshot, import/export, DB optimization with the help of explain plan.
- Expertise in database migration from MYISAM storage to INNODB storage engine to increase performance and betterment of integrity constraints.
- Involved in designing, developing, testing and rolling out of complex enterprise applications to completion in terms of Database as well as frontend, with different project development model like Waterfall, Agile, and SCRUM.
- Expertise in standing up new Database MySQL and Mongo Servers in AWS.
- Expertise in Maintaining, monitored and managed AWS RDS Instances, AWS IAM and also policies required to access AWS resources
- Tuning, upgrading, analyzing, and making suggestions for MySQL servers running in AWS environment
- Installation of MySQL on physical machines, Virtual machines as well as AWS. Backup & Recovery, Database optimization, and Security maintenance
- A good expertise and hands on expertise on MongoDB administration
- Expertise on replica set and sharded cluster setups in MongoDB, backup and restore procedures using mongodump and mongorestore, using MMS, Mongo cloud manager and other Mongo performance tools like mongoperf, mongostat, mongotop.
- Expertise in setup of Tungsten Replicator and Galera Cluster for Master-Master Replication Setup
- MySQL Error handling, Log maintenance and troubleshooting.
- Expertise in handling MySQL Security, establishing MySQL Replication and MySQL Clustering between two or more MySQL Database servers.
- Expertise in Capacity planning, Backup, Restore and Recovery
- Involved in client Production Support and Maintenance - Tasks including programming, debugging and testing of existing applications that run in a production environment for purposes of remediation system errors or to extend application life span.
- Experience in managing MongoDB environment from availability, performance and scalability
- Installation of MongoDB on physical machines, Virtual machines as well as AWS. Backup & Recovery, Database optimization and Security maintenance.
- Extensive experience in designing MongoDB multi-shared cluster and monitoring with MMS.
- Experience in upgrading and migrating various versions of Mongo database on different platforms.
- Experience in deploying, managing and developing MongoDB clusters on Linux and Windows environment.
- Good analytical, verbal and written communication skills.
- Highly motivated with strong commitment to quality and customer service.
- Strong in solving problems of diverse scope where technical analysis and evaluation is required
- Good Team Player.
RDBMS: MySQL 5.0/5.1/5.5/5.6/5.7 ,Mariadb 5.1/5.3/5.5, MongoDB 2.4/2.6/3.0/3.2.
Database Tools: MySQL Workbench, MySQL Migration Toolkit, Neo4j, Mongo dB 3.2,3.0 MySQL GUI Tools-MySQL Query Browser and MySQL Administrator, JasperETL, Toad Nagios, Cacti, Percona Xtrabackup, Percona toolkit, Monyog, Sqlyog, Zmanda Backup, VERITAS Net Backup, MySQL Enterprise Monitor.
Programming Languages: SQL, TSQL, XML, PL/SQL, C, HTML, Shell Scripting, Perl, Python.
Web Tools: MS-Front Page, Internet Information Server (IIS), FTP, TCP/IP, LAN, MS- Outlook Express.
Operating Systems: Windows 95/98/2000/2003/2008/ XP/NT 4.0, Red Hat Enterprise Linux, Ubuntu Server, CentOS, SUSE Enterprise Linux, Novell Netware, MS-DOS.
ETL Tools: SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS), Data Integrator, SCOM, Data transformation services (DTS).
Data Modeling Tools: Erwin, Red gate, SQL Lite speed, Fog lite, Redshift, Backup Utility, MS Visio, VERITAS, NetBackup, NetApp, Azure, AWS, Service Now.
Confidential, Schaumburg, IL
- Responsible for requirement analysis Database architecture and Implementation, Data Modeling, Database Designing, Tuning Databases, Procedures, Functions, Triggers and Events.
- Responsible for Migration of MySQL datbases from on prem server to AWS Cloud Aurora.
- Responsible for Working on Migrating on current producton Rackspace Cloud Database servers to new Rackspace cloud as our current servers are getting old on hardware level .
- Implemented company policies, technical procedures, and standards for preserving integrity and security of data, reports, and access
- Monitor all production MySQL databases
- Maintain and troubleshoot MySQL replication issues and production MySQL database (DB) issues that may arise
- Installed, upgraded, configured and tuned MySQL monitoring agents in LINUX and Windows environments
- Responsible for MySQL DB architecture, installation, configuration setup, DB systems administration, provisioning, troubleshooting database performance problems. Linux OS, Windows OS, server and data storage systems configuration, capacity planning, utilizing scaling methodology
- Implemented MySQL Enterprise Monitor, MySQL Replication Monitor and MySQL Query Analyzer for improving query performance and capacity planning
- Replication monitoring on MySQL. Check lag and monitor of errors or warnings
- Migrating databases or schema movement as per the requirements
- Performance Tuning, Query Optimization, Client/Server Connectivity, and Database Consistency Checks on a daily basis for preventing issues and providing capacity planning using MySQL Enterprise Monitor
- Database optimization and developing MySQL Database Objects like Schemas, Tables, Views, Stored Procedures, Indexes (cluster/Non-cluster), Constraints, Triggers, Buffer Pools, User Roles and functions
Environment: MySQL 5.6/5.5/5.1, Percona Xtrabackup, MongoDB 2.6.x/3.0.x, Nagios Monitoring, Percona toolkit, MySQL 7.2 CGE, DeepDB, TokuDB, Red Hat Linux, MySQL Fabric. Maria db, mongo db, AWS, Rackspace.
MySQL DBA / Mongo DB
- Migration of legacy data from MySQL 5.1 Windows Servers to MySQL 5.6 Linux Servers.
- Maintaining databases and tuning database parameters and queries for effective performance.
- Installation of PERCONA XTRABACKUP Open source backup solution for effectively backing up MySQL databases on Linux.
- Configuration and setup of Incremental backups.
- Successfully managed configuring Master High Availability and Slave High Availability on production servers.
- Configuration and Setup of various MySQL performance monitoring tools like Nagios and PERCONA TOOLKIT.
- Continuous monitoring of MySQL servers.
- Handling deployment activities for upgrading and executing patches and releases.
- Automating various database specific routine tasks through procedures/events and shell scripts.
- Scheduling full and incremental database backups, transferring them to file servers and restoring the same.
- Designing of database and data flow in the system, creation of various objects like procedures, functions, views and sequences.
- Migrating databases or schema movement as per the requirements.
- Accomplished Installation and Setup of database with MySQL 7.2 Cluster for achieving write-scalability in sharded and multi-master architecture thus by massively improving the speed of large, complex JOIN operations that span multiple partitions (shards)
- Installation of third-party storage engines like DeepDB and TokuDB to achieve high performance.
- Performance tuning of application queries for better performance and analyzing datatypes and changing them as per required.
- Profiling MySQL queries and using pt-query-digest to monitor and analyze slow and general query log for slow queries.
- Sharding & Partitioning large tables to improve performance, manageability, simplification of maintenance and reducing the cost of storing large data.
- Accomplished setup of MySQL Fabric to maintain farms of MySQL servers for high availability and sharding to scale out reads and writes by partitioning rows into multiple shards.
- Experience in deploying, managing and developing MongoDB clusters on Linux and Windows environment.
- Worked with Gridfs collections to store large size documents and enabled sharding with range based sharding keys.
- Administered multiple environments, automating backups and checks, restore, validation/integrity checks, growth modeling and predictions, and system expansion; assisted with upgrade efforts with MongoDB.
- Migration of legacy on-prime MySQL servers into Amazon EC2 instances.
- End to end support for the applications running on Amazon RDS and Aurora.
- Experience on installation/Upgradation of MySQL on Cloud technologies especially on AWS EC2 instances.
- Good working knowledge of AWS RDS. AWS Aurora, AWS Redshift, AWS Quicksight, AWS Glue, AWS EMR, and AWS Lambda.
Environment: MySQL 5.6/5.5/5.1, Percona Xtrabackup, MongoDB 2.6.x/3.0.x, Nagios Monitoring, Percona toolkit, MySQL 7.2 CGE, DeepDB, TokuDB, Red Hat Linux, Windows 2003 Server, MySQL Fabric. Maria db, mongo db, AWS, Rackspace.
Confidential, San Diego, CA
MySQL DBA / Mongo DB
- Administration and management of the entire development, QA and production environment.
- Installed and configured MySQL on Linux and Windows environments.
- Performed installation, new databases design, configuration, backup, recovery, security, upgrade and schema changes, tuning and data integrity.
- Increased database performance by utilizing MySQL configuration changes, multiple instances and by upgrading hardware.
- Assisted with sizing, query optimization, buffer tuning, backup and recovery, installations, upgrades and security including other administration functions as part of profiling plan.
- Ensured production data being replicated into data warehouse without any data anomalies from the processing databases.
- Worked with the engineering team to implement new design systems of databases used by the company.
- Effectively configured MySQL Replication as part of HA solution.
- Designed databases for referential integrity and involved in logical design plan.
- Performance Tuning on daily basis for preventing issues and providing capacity planning using MySQL Enterprise Monitor.
- Developed stored procedures, triggers in MySQL for lowering traffic between servers & clients.
- Ability to carry out security tasks at network level such as block/unblock TCP/IP ports through firewall on both Linux and windows and block/unblock remote access to MySQL server.
- Proficiency in Unix/Linux shell commands.
- Created and deleted users, groups and set up restrictive permissions, configuration of the sudo files etc.
- Created data extracts as part of data analysis and exchanged with internal staff.
- Performed MySQL Replication setup and administration on Master-Slave and Master-Master.
- Documented all servers and databases.
- Database engineering is based on SDLC pattern. Involved all the steps like requirement analysis, Design, Development and Testing and then deployment.
- ER Studio for database architecture design.
- Shell script is being used for some data migration and backend work management.
- Supporting management with different database related decisions.
- Handling Release management and user acceptance.
Environment: MySQL 5.6.2, SQL Server, Sybase, Oracle10g.
- Responsible for MySQL (MS SQL) DB architecture, installation, configuration setup, DB systems administration, provisioning, troubleshooting database performance problems. Linux OS, server and data storage systems configuration, capacity planning, utilizing scaling methodologies.
- Experience with the meta data tables in INFORMATION SCHEMA
- Extensive experience with various backup and recovery methods - mysqldump, enterprise backup, percona xtrabackup.
- Data loading and exports using LOAD INFILE, mysqlimport
- Used mysqlbinlog utility to identify and rectify the corruption in relay logs
- Experience with RPM installs as well as binary installs.
- Recovered multiple MYISAM tables after corruption using Check and Repair.
- Worked on auto recovery for INNODB and MYISAM tables.
- Used MySQL workbench, query browser utilities.
- Enabled slow query log for query analysis and used the write to table option.
- Wrote shell scripts to monitor replication, take backups and other routine DBA tasks.
- Set up Innodb file per table option and other INNODB standard parameters to standardize tablespaces.
- Worked on adding foreign key constraints as per the application requirements.
- Dealt with deadlocks in INNODB storage engine.
- Database operation, maintenance, security, provisioning, administration, replication, automation, disc I/O / space management.
- MySQL best practice engine, demon variable configuration and optimization.
- Managing Storage engines: INNODB, MYISAM, Falcon, Percona XtraDB, MySQL Federated, MySQL Archive, Aria.
- Developing Perl, Batch, shell scripting, Wintel scripting, DB maintenance task automation.
- Multiple project development and on-time delivery - Projection and Estimation project duration, resource load and cost documentation.
- Developing technical strategy of all Database OLTP, Data Warehouse OLAP initiatives for the business clients.
- Designing and maintaining Database standards and best practices. Physical database design for all database initiatives.
- OLTP / OLAP, Data Warehouse programming code development.
- MySQL, PL/SQL, SQL (DDL, DML), XML, shell programming code development.
- Creating ER Diagrams, Conceptual, Application Flowcharts, objects referential integrity designs diagrams and documentation.
- Data conversion from any data source to MySQL database - custom code development configuration and implementation.
- Data replication / data migration development - with all major ETL software applications.
- Developing ad-hoc and custom reports for business analysis.
- Technical resource to the Application development team on data configuration and referential integrity data storage.
- Technical knowledge transfer and cross-teams training.
- Research on latest technologies and design Proof of Concept - POC with latest trends and design technology infrastructure.
Environment: MySQL 5.1.6, PHP MyAdmin, PHP 4.x, 5.x, NDB Cluster, Web Services, Shell script, Apache, LINUX.