- 5+ years of experience with SQL and MSBI. Worked with different domains such as health, finance and Pharmacy and good exposure with all - star schema, snow flake schema, data modeling and work with different data warehouse projects.
- Good knowledge and exposure to different phases of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), Agile and Scrum Methodologies.
- Experience in writing T-SQL (DDL, DML and DCL) scripts in all MS SQL server environments.
- Proficient in creating Index, Views, Complex Stored Procedures, CTE’S appropriate functions, and effective Triggers to facilitate efficient data manipulation and data consistency in MS SQL Server 2012/2008R 2/2008/2005.
- Database Maintenance Plan design to keep track of the performance of MS SQL Server, which covers updating database statistics and Re-indexing of clustered and non-clustered indexes in production environment.
- Highly proficient in Tuning SQL queries, improving the query performance and hands-on experience in optimization and performance tuning using SQL profiler, Index tuning wizard, Performance Monitor and Execution plan.
- Expert in using tools like SQL Profiler, Index tuning, Windows Performance for monitoring and tuning MS SQL Server performance.
- Excellent hands-on experience with data modeling tools and strong knowledge of Relational and Dimensional database modeling concepts with star schema and snowflake schema’s design and implementation.
- SQL Server Services (DTS, SSIS, SSRS, SSAS)
- Demonstrated expertise in MS SQL Server 2008/2005 and Microsoft Business Intelligence (MS-BI) tools like SSIS (MS SQL Server Integration Services), SSRS (MS SQL Server Reporting Services), SSAS (MS SQL Server Analysis Services) and T-SQL scripts.
- Worked on SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) to integrate and analyze data from multiple homogeneous and heterogeneous information sources (CSV, Excel, DB2, SQL 2005/2008/2008 R2/2012).
- Created Configurations to make package portable and created Event handlers for handling package error.
- Used For-Each Loop Container, Sequence Container, Script task, Expressions, Execute SQL task, Variables, Send Mail Task, Package Execution task to achieve business needs.
- Created SSIS packages to Extract, Transform and load (ETL) data from Excel, Database, XML File and Flat file source by using different SSIS transformations such as Lookup, Derived Columns, Condition Split, Aggregate, Pivot Transformation, and Slowly Changing Dimension, Merge Join and Union all.
- Expertise in building and migration of various DTS packages.
- Experience in creating package configurations like XML, SQL Server Configurations and Logging using text, XML and Windows event log.
- Experience with file transfer protocols, including standard FTP and SFTP
- Experience in creating packages, Jobs, Sending Alerts using SQL Mail.
- Experience using different Version Control Tools like Microsoft Source Safe and CVS.
- Experience in SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS) for designing OLAP Cubes.
- Hands on experience with Dimensional Modeling, ER Modeling, Star Schema / Snowflake Schema, FACT and Dimensional tables and Operational Data Store (ODS).
- Created and Configured Data Source & Data Source Views, Dimensions, Cubes, Measures, Partitions, KPI’s & MDX Queries using SQL Server 2005/2008 Analysis Services.
- Expertise in using Microsoft Reporting Service (SSRS) with Report authoring, Report management, Report delivery and Report security.
- Ability to define and develop Report Structure with data definition, report layout and report definition language.
- Created various Complex Formula Reports to query the database for business Intelligence.
- Strong ability in defining query for generating drill through, drill down reports, canned and cache reports with drop down menu option, sorting the data, defining subtotals and handling parameterized reports and creating report layouts using SSRS 2005/2008.
- Experience in developing Custom Reports and different types of Tabular Reports, Matrix Reports, Ad hoc reports and distributed reports in multiple formats using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) in Business intelligence development studio (BIDS).
- Proficient in creating Data Mapping Document for providing source and destination mappings. Deployed reports on report server.
- Developed reports using global variables, expressions and functions.
- Proficient in scheduling and creating reports using SQL Server Agent.
- Experience in deploying created reports in various sources like Web browser, XML and PDF.
- A well-organized, goal-oriented, highly motivated and effective team member with excellent analytical, troubleshooting, and problem solving Skill.
- Excellent Verbal & Written Communication skills and strong in Documentation.
RDBMS: SQL Server 2000/2005/2008 R2/2012, Oracle 11g/10/9i
Database Tools and Data modeling: TOAD, Star Schema/Snowflake Schema modelling, FACT & Dimensions tables, Erwin, Power Designer, physical &logical data modelling and Demoralization.
SQL Server Tools: SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS), SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), Business Intelligence Development Studio (BIDS), Visual Studio.
Tools: and Utilities: SQL Server management Studio, SQL Server Enterprise Manager, SQL Server Profiler, Import and Export Wizard, Visual Studio.Net, Quality Control(QC), Microsoft Management Console, Web Services, SOAP, Crystal Reports, MS Excel.
Operating Systems: Windows Server 2008R 2/2008/2003/2000 , UNIX, Linux, DOS UNIX.
Confidential, Roselle, NJ
SQL / BI Developer
- Actively participated in SDLC processes including requirement gathering, analysis, development, implementation, testing and maintenance.
- Created SQL queries for data retrieval and optimized queries for maximum efficiency using SQL profiler.
- Involved in the development of SQL server maintenance plan, scheduling jobs, alerts, trouble shooting.
- Migrated data from Oracle, Excel, flat files, MS Access to MS SQL server using DTS and SSIS.
- Used FTP task, ETL Script task, lookup transformation and Data flow task to load staging databases in SSIS.
- Created cubes in star and snowflake schemas, applied partitions, aggregations on it, used MDX to retrieve data using SSAS.
- Designed and implemented fact and dimension tables and OLAP cubes using dimensional modeling in SQL server analysis services (SSAS).
- Created sub report, On-demand, custom Ad-hoc reports using SSRS. Designed and developed report layout including parameterized report, drill down, and drill through reports.
- Deployed SSIS Package into Production and used Package configuration to export various package properties to make package environment independent.
Environment: MS SQL Server, MS SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), MS SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS), Windows 10, Team Foundation Server (TFS).
MS SQL Server SSIS/SSRS Developer
- Created SQL Server Reports for Management using SSRS. Tasks included defining requirements, design, develop, test, implement and maintain reports using SSRS.
- Design and code high quality database solutions within a fast paced monthly release cycle.
- Developed several reports with consistent drill-down functionality including Drilldown reports, Summary reports and Master Detail reports.
- Developed Custom Functions, Manual Running Totals and Complex Formulas for reports.
- Used breaks, calculations, sorts, filters and sections to enhance data presentation in reports.
- Created SSIS package in which records were loaded daily, also from other data resources such as Excel, Access, flat file, and XML to create and maintain a centralized data warehouse.
- Created cube structure for the analysis of business condition and for creation of report using SSAS.
- Created drill down and sub reports from SSAS cubes that can be browsed on web.
- Worked on with Report Manager, Report Builder and Reporting Security and Reporting Services Configuration manager.
- Communicate and defend design, requirements, feature set, functionality, usability and limitations of subsystem to team and/or development lead or manager.
Environment: MS SQL Server, SSRS, SSIS, T-SQL, MS-Excel, XML, Windows XP/10.
Sr. SQL Server & BI Developer
- Worked on T-SQL programming, Stored procedures, user - defined functions, views and management of linked servers to SQL-Server and Non-SQL-Server databases.
- Created complex SQL stored procedures using Microsoft SQL Server 2012.
- Performed maintenance of Stored Procedures to improve Performance of different front end Applications.
- Checked Performance Tuning, Indexing, Query Optimization.
- Worked with project manager and technical leads for resolution of technical issues.
- Create reports based on data analysis and provide Heat-Mapping and Indicators in reports to help in effective handling of fraudulent activity.
- Created UDF’s, triggers, Stored Procedures for maintaining real-time servers which have 3 months’ worth of data which pull data from data warehouse.
- Created Indexes, both clustered and non-clustered for improving in performance as the tables contain huge pile of data.
- Created database maintenance plans and deleting of history data using SSIS packages
- Created several SSIS packages for performing ETL (Extract, Transform and Load) operations from OLTP to OLTP and also OLAP systems.
- Performing the tasks of data conversions, adding derived columns, data conversions, sending results in mails is done by making use of various tasks in SSIS .
- Designed and developed SSIS Packages to import and export data from MS Excel, SQL Server 2008, flat files etc .
- Involved in daily batch loads (Full & Incremental) into Staging and ODS areas, troubleshooting process, issues and errors using SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)
- Implemented Event Handlers and Error Handling in SSIS packages.
- Configured the loading of data into Slowly Changing Dimensions using slowly Changing Dimension wizard. Also implemented checksum SCD method to load the data into data warehouse.
- Developed the SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) packages to transform data from SQL 2008 R2 to MS SQL 2012as well as Created interface stored procedures used in SSIS to load/transform data to the database.
- Extracting the data from the different sources (CSV files, oracle, and MS SQL 2000) and stored the data into the intermediate Staging Database using the SSIS ETL tool.
- Involved in complete SSIS life cycle in creating SSIS packages, building, deploying and executing the packages in all the environments (Development, Test and Production
- Data Migration from legacy to master tables using DTS-Import and Export wizard.
- Create processes and procedures for application code and database object migrations to support an efficient and reliable system development lifecycle.
- Worked in Agile environments.
- Familiarity working with source control systems and deployment technologies such as Visual Studio/Team Foundation Server (TFS).
- Unit testing and integration testing experience.
- Build Feed Solutions - Develop and administer feeds to ensure flow of data and media to and from business partners.
- Develop imports to and extracts from existing SQL databases.
- Use various source and targets to build flows - XML, Flat File, Web Service, JPEG, etc.
- Administer databases and database servers - Actively participant in the analysis, design, implementation, testing, documentation and maintenance of all database environments.
- Tune and optimize the performance by regular evaluation and monitoring of databases and their objects to identify and resolve performance and reliability issues.
- Troubleshoot in all database environments using available tools to diagnose and resolve issues.
- Backup and restore of databases for disaster recovery, testing and development work
- Deployment of database solution code.
- Migrate code to various environments.
- Participate in code reviews.
Environment: T-SQL programming, SSIS packages for performing ETL (Extract, Transform and Load) operations from OLTP to OLTP and also OLAP systems, XML, Flat File, Web Service, JPEG, etc.
Confidential, Moline, IL
SQL Server/SSIS, SSRS and SSAS Developer
- Managed Tables, Views, cursors and optimizing queries using execution plan for tuning the database.
- Used Recursive CTEs while creating multiple complex stored procedures for various purposes like database maintenance, index maintenance.
- Optimized the performance of queries with modifications in T-SQL queries, removed unnecessary columns, and eliminated redundant and inconsistent data.
- Performed incremental data load in BIDS using Lookup Transform, Cache Transform, and Merge Join Transform and worked on Change Data Capture.
- Used SQL Server Reporting services to write complex formulas and to query database to generate different types of reports (Drill Down, Drill Through, Linked, Sub-reports, and Parameterized) for Business Intelligence.
- Deployed Reports onto common server to make it accessible for the management team and application development team.
- Developed complex Stored Procedures and views to generate various Drill-through reports, parameterized reports and linked reports using SSRS.
- Defining relationships between Dimensions and Measure groups. Involved in the design and development of the SSAS cubes.
- Defined the Referenced Relationships with the measure groups and fact tables.
- Developed OLAP model based on Dimension and Facts for efficient loads of data mainly based on Star Schema and Snowflake Schema.
- Developed various reports for every on boarded and existing clients and also made various enhancements.
- Held responsibility for the creation and maintenance of Analysis Service objects such as Cube, Dimensions, MDX queries, Perspectives and KPI’s.
Environment: MS SQL Server 2008R2/2008, SSMS, SSIS, SSRS, SSAS, Windows 2003 server, DTS, SQL Query Analyzer, SQL profiler, Crystal Reports, Visual Studio 2005.