- Highly skilled and detail oriented professional with 9 years of work experience in the software industry and 3.5 years of experience running a start - up ecommerce business.
- Experience in business intelligence while working at top US Banks(Investment and retail) and insurance companies.
- Possess diverse hands on role as ETL DataStage developer, ETL technical leader in implementing development, maintenance and enhancement projects using Agile Methodologies.
- Worked on Mainframes MVS system, implemented various mainframe development, and enhancement projects.
Languages: JCL, AUTOSYS, SQL, UNIX/LINUX scripts, core JAVA, PL/SQL, SAS (Exposure), COBOL
Database: DB2, Netezza, Oracle, Hadoop FS (Exposure)
Operating systems: Windows, UNIX, LINUX, MVS
Tools: ETL DataStage Version 11.5, 8.1,7.5,7.1 (mainframe, server and parallel jobs),Control-M, AUTOSYS, Squirrel, Aginity, ENDEVOR, FILE-AID, SPUFI
Domain: Data Analysis,Requirement gathering, Functional specifications into technical design document, Data warehouse principles, Concepts, Dimension Modeling, Database concepts and handling data from various source systems on different databases
DataStage Technical Lead
- Understand the requirement and identify the relevant source system.
- Analyze sourcing systems, existing SAS reports and documentation on impacts and feasibility.
- Prepare design document
- Develop & test ETL DataStage jobs using various active stages like joins, transformers, look up, pivot, sort, filter, modify, merge, funnel, remove duplicate, column generator etc.
- Prepare sample metric report by writing an end-to-end SQL to tie the results from ETL DataStage process for business validation.
- Schedule ETL DataStage jobs in Control-M - Create process folders with jobs and its dependencies defined and set up schedule calendar.
- Production deployment & Monitoring/support.
- Create tasks to implement in Jira board.
- Estimate hours for each of the tasks.
- Close the completed tasks and report backlog if any in Jira Board.
- Deployment and post deployment production support.
- Attend stand up calls, Project status reporting to higher management.
- Have been part of offshore Confidential -USAA interview panel.
Environment: UNIX, ETL DataStage 11.5, Squirrel, Aginity, Control-M, Jira, UNIX scripts, Netezza, DB2, Hadoop File system, Sales Force, Oracle
Founder & Creative Director
- Acquired knowledge to set up a startup. Including legal formalities, taxation, accounting, inventory management, procurement, talent recruitment, team management, handled online, offline marketing, sales.
- Have set up own e-commerce store and managed it over 3.5 years.
- Possess thorough knowledge of product development.
- Built products from scratch involving ideation, development, market study, pricing and positioning in the market, sales, promotion and distribution.
- Solely did project management for launch of new products every month on time till date. This involved managing vendors RFQ to negotiations and final purchase and syncing internal teams.
- Set up warehouse and Supply chain from scratch. Lead supply chain, order management and inventory planning process.
- Manage inventory in other e-commerce portal like Amazon, Flipkart, Firstcry.
- Study market for new product development and gap analysis.
- Hands on experience in Google ad and FB marketing.
- Drive SEO & SEM activities.
- Plan and create short videos for useful customer engagement.
- Incubated in IIITDM (Indian Institute of Information Technology Design & Manufacturing Kancheepuram) for design and new product development.
- Participated in funding event conducted by TiE (Startup funding event held all over India).
DataStage Technical Lead
- Understand the MS DB and prepare the requirement document.
- Interpret the existing rule engine and prepare a detailed rule engine design.
- Identify the equivalent source from Oracle DB.
- Develop & test ETL DataStage jobs using various active stages like joins, transformers, look up, pivot, sort, filter, modify, merge, funnel, remove duplicate etc.
- Support Testing team for System testing and UAT.
- Production deployment.
- Write end-to end SQL to validate the ETL DataStage results & prepare metric report for User validation.
- Managing a 5 member team. Assigning tasks, follow up with onsite counterpart for open issues.
- Frequent Reporting the potential technical challenges & benefits on migrating a manual system to automated environment to the end user.
Environment: UNIX, ETL DataStage 8.1 parallel jobs, Oracle