- Over 71/2 Years of IT experience which includes System Analysis and Design, Development & Support of MS SQL Servers 2015/2017 and 2018 in Production, QA and Development Environments.
- Strong experience with T - SQL (DDL & DML) in Implementing & Developing Stored Procedures, Triggers, Nested Queries, Joins, Cursors, Views, User Defined Functions, Indexes, User Profiles, Relational Database Models, Creating & Updating tables and checking the database consistency by executing DBCC Commands.
- Ability to work in all stages of System Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Experience with Data flow diagrams, Data dictionary, Database normalization theory techniques, Entity relation modeling and design techniques.
- Expertise in Client-Server application development using Oracle 11g/10g/9i/8i, PL/SQL, SQL *PLUS, TOAD and SQL*LOADER .
- Effectively made use of Table Functions, Indexes, Table Partitioning, Collections, Analytical functions, Materialized Views, Query Re-Write and Transportable table spaces.
- Strong experience in Data warehouse concepts, ETL.
- Good knowledge on logical and physical Data Modeling using normalizing Techniques.
- Created Tables, Views, Constraints, Index (B Tree, Bitmap and Function Based).
- Developed Complex database objects like Stored Procedures, Functions, Packages and Triggers using SQL and PL/SQL.
- Developed materialized views for data replication in distributed environments.
- Excellent technical and analytical skills with clear understanding of design goals of ER modeling for OLTP and dimension modeling for OLAP.
- Experience in Oracle supplied packages,Dynamic SQL, Records and PL/SQL Tables.
- Loaded Data into Oracle Tables using SQL Loader.
- Partitioned large Tables using range partition technique .
- Experience with Oracle Supplied Packages such as DBMS SQL,DBMS JOB and UTL FILE.
- Created Packages and Procedures to automatically drop table indexes and create indexes for the tables.
- Worked extensively on Ref Cursor, External Tables and Collections.
- Expertise in Dynamic SQL, Collections and Exception handling .
- Experience in SQL performance tuning using Cost-Based Optimization (CBO).
- Good knowledge of key Oracle performance related features such as Query Optimizer, Execution Plans and Indexes.
- Experience with Performance Tuning for Oracle RDBMS using Explain Plan and HINTS.
- Experience in ETL techniques and Analysis and Reporting including hands on experience with the Reporting tools such as Cognos.
- Created Shell Scripts for invoking SQL scripts and scheduled them using crontab.
- Experience in using T-SQL for creating stored procedures, indexes, cursors and functions.
- Expert in Extracting, Transforming and Loading (ETL) data flows using SSIS; creating mappings/workflows to extract data from SQL Server and Flat File sources and load into various Business Entities
- Experience in using tools like Database Engine Tuning Advisor, SQL Profiler, Index Tuning Wizard and Windows Performance Monitor for Monitoring and Tuning MS SQL Server Performance.
- Expertise in SQL Server 2005, 2008 R2/2012 Reporting Services (SSRS), SQL Server 2005,2008 R2/2012 Integration Services (SSIS) and in SQL Server 2005 Analysis Services (SSAS) in Business Intelligence (BI).
- Transformed data from one server to other servers using tools like Bulk Copy Program (BCP), Data Transformation Services and SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) (2005/2008 R2 and 2012).
- Excellent knowledge of Scheduling Jobs and Alerts using SQL Server Agent.
- Hands on experience in installing, configuring, managing, upgrading and migrating, Backup/Restore, monitoring and troubleshooting SQL Server 2008 R2/2012
- Experience in Managing Security of SQL Server 2008 R2 and 2012 Databases by creating Database Users, Roles and assigning proper permissions according to the business requirements.
- Experience in developing Dashboard, Ad-hoc and Parameterized Reports, create complex reports (ex: drill down reports using different objects) using SSRS.
- Experience in Configure and maintain Report Manager and Report Server for SSRS, Deployed and Scheduled the Reports in Report Manager.
- Integration of SSRS Reports using various web parts into SharePoint (MOSS 2007) and various delivery mechanisms.
- Experience in Interacting with Business users to analyze the business process and transforming requirements into screens, performing ETL, documenting and rolling out the deliverables.
- Strong Experience in Creating, Configuring, Deploying and Testing SSIS Packages.
- Worked extensively on Extraction, Transformation, loading data from Oracle, DB2, Access, Excel, Flat Files and XML using DTS, SSIS.
- Working experience of designing Ad-hoc reports for higher managers using report model, providing them flexibility to create reports using drag and drop functionality.
- Worked on Jira and infra tickets daily which include updating SQL queries/reports.
- Strong knowledge on claim management process, well versed with Medicaid and Medicare services, HL7 message validation, ICD9, Electronic Health Records and Electronic Medical Records.
- Good understanding of Normalization /De-normalization, Normal Form and database design methodology Expertise in using data modeling tools like MS Visio and Erwin Tool for logical and physical design of databases.
- Experience in managing large data sets on MS Excel 2016.
- Provided application security support for SQL applications with ADO.NET
- Skilled in design of logical and physical data modeling using Erwin data modeling tool.
- Worked with Business Analysts, Web development team, and users on database solutions.
- Can-Do, Will-Do Attitude, Problem solving, Self-directed, Ability to learn new tools and use them.
Databases Tools: SQL Enterprise Manager, Oracle 7.x/8i/9i/10g/11g (SQL, PL/SQL, Stored Procedures, Triggers), MS SQL SERVER 2000/2005/2008 , DB2/UDB, Teradata, SAP Tables and MS Access., SQL Server Management Studio, Business Intelligence Development Studio, SQL Profiler, SQL Server Analysis Service (SSAS)
ETL Tools: Informatica (PowerCenter 5.1/6.2/7.1/8.6.1/9.1.0 , PowerMart 5.1, Power Connect/Power Exchange for SAP R/3, Export/Import, SQL Server Integration Service (SSIS)
Reporting Tools: SQL Server Reporting Services ( 2016/2014/2012/2008 ), Developer Suite 5.1/BO XIR2, Cognos Suite, Cognos Report Net 1.1MR2, Crystal Report MS Access, MS Excel, Crystal Reports, Business Objects 4.0,PostgreSQL,MySQL server
Database: MS SQL Server 2016/2014/2012/2008 R2/2008, MS Access, Oracle 9i/8i
Programming Languages: T-SQL, PL-SQL, C,Python,Java,AWS
Web Technologies: HTML, DHTML, XML and CSS
Operating Systems: Windows (10/8/7/Vista/XP), Windows 2015/2012/2008 Server
Other Tools: MS Office Suite (Microsoft Word, Power Point, MS Visio), OLAP & OLTP, ERWIN, Adobe Photoshop, Abode Flash.
Oracle PL/SQL Developer / PowerBI Developer
- Imported data from SQL Server DB, Azure SQL DB to Power BI to generate reports.
- Developed Power BI model used for financial reporting of P & L and Headcount.
- Designed and documented the entire Architecture of Power BI Poc.
- Expertise in writing complex DAX functions in Power BI and Power Pivot
- Used various sources to pull data into Power BI such as SQL Server, SAP BW, Oracle, SQL Azure etc.
- Published Power BI Reports in the required originations and Made Power BI Dashboards available in Web clients and mobile apps.
- Developed PL/SQL triggers and master tables for automatic creation of primary keys.
- Involved in data loading using PL/SQL and SQL*Loader calling UNIX scripts to download and manipulate files.
- Extensively involved in using hints to direct the optimizer to choose an optimum query execution plan.
- Used Bulk Collections for better performance and easy retrieval of data, by reducing context switching between SQL and PL/SQL engines.
- Created PL/SQL scripts to extract the data from the operational database into simple flat text files using UTL FILE package.
- Creation of database objects like tables, views, materialized views, procedures and packages using oracle tools like Toad, PL/SQL Developer and SQL* plus.
- Partitioned the fact tables and materialized views to enhance the performance.
- Extensively used bulk collection in PL/SQL objects for improving the performing.
- Created records, tables, collections (nested tables and arrays) for improving Query performance by reducing context switching.
- Used Pragma Autonomous Transaction to avoid mutating problem in database trigger.
- Extensively used the advanced features of PL/SQL like Records, Tables, Object types and Dynamic SQL.
- Handled errors using Exception Handling extensively for the ease of debugging and displaying the error messages in the application.
- Explore data in a Variety of ways and across multiple visualizations using Power BI.
- Published reports and dashboards using Power BI.
- Installed and Configured Enterprise Gateway and Personal Gateway in Power Bi Services.
- Creating Database objects - tables, views, functions and developing procedures for implementing application functionality at the database side for performance improvement.
- Involved in creating new stored procedures and optimizing existing queries and stored procedures.
Environment : MS SQL Server 2008, MS-Access 2010/2007, Oracle 11g, SQL * Plus, TOAD, SQL*Loader, SQL Developer, Shell Scripts, UNIX, Windows XP, TOAD, SSIS, SAS, SharePoint Server 2010, XML, MS Office 2013, MS Visio 2010, VB.Net, C#. Net, Visual Studio 2017, TFS, JIRA.
Confidential, Boston, MA
SQL Developer/ Oracle PL/SQL Developer
- Interacting with Business users, gathering and analyzing requirements.
- Plans and coordinates the administration of PostgreSQL databases to ensure accurate, appropriate, and effective use of data, including database definition, structure, documentation, long - range requirements, and operational guidelines.
- Used Oracle JDeveloper to support JA Built complex queries using SQL and wrote stored procedures using PL/SQL in Various API’s like Java, .Net and Hierarchical databases like Oracle and Access.
- Developed and modified a number of Forms and for various modules. Also responsible for following up bugs reported by various users and suggesting possible patches to be applied.
- Wrote Shell Scripts for Data loading and DDL Scripts .
- Worked in Production Support Environment as well as QA/TEST environments for projects, work orders, maintenance requests, bug fixes, enhancements, data changes, etc.
- Used Oracle JDeveloper to support JAVA, JSP and HTML codes used in modules.
- Wrote conversion scripts using SQL, PL/SQL, stored procedures, functions and packages to migrate data from SQL server database to Oracle database.
- Performed Database Administration of all database objects including tables, clusters, indexes, views, sequences packages and procedures.
- Implemented 11g and upgraded the existing database from Oracle 9i to Oracle 11g.
- Involved in Logical & Physical Database Layout Design.
- Worked on Dimensional modeling of the data from Scratch (Extracted the scratch data from heterogeneous sources and doing the ETL for incremental data loads using SSIS and building them into Dimension and Fact tables using Star Schema).
- Created databases and schema objects including tables, indexes and applied constraints, connected various applications to the database and written functions, stored procedures and triggers.
- P erformance tuning of Oracle Databases and User applications.
- Used SQL*Loader as an ETL tool to load data into the staging tables.
- Used DTS Packages as ETL tool for migrating Data from SQL Server 2000 to Oracle 10g.
- Provided user training and production support.
- Improved the performance of the application by rewriting the SQL queries.
- Wrote packages to fetch complex data from different tables in remote databases using joins, sub queries and database links.
Environment: MS-SQL Server 2018, MS-Access 2010/2007, TOAD, SSIS, SAS, SharePoint Server 2010, XML, MS Office 2013, MS Visio 2010, VB.Net, C#. Net, Visual Studio 2017, TFS, JIRA, Python.VB 6, Oracle 9i/10g/11g SQL, PL/SQL, Forms 9i, Reports 9i, SQL*Loader, SQL Navigator, Crystal Reports, TOAD.
Confidential, Austin, TX
Senior MSBI Developer / SQL Developer
- Developed Advance PL/SQLpackages, procedures, triggers, functions, Indexes and Collections to implement business logic using SQLNavigator . Generated server side PL/SQLscripts for data manipulation and validation and materialized views for remote instances.
- Created management analysis reporting using ParallelQueries, Javastoredprocedure, HTPPackage and WEB . SHOW DOCUMENT . Participated in change and code reviews to understand the testing needs of the change components. Worked on troubleshooting defects in timely manner.
- Involved in creating UNIXshellScripting . Defragmentation of tables, partitioning, compressing and indexes for improved performance and efficiency. Involved in table redesigning with implementation of Partitions Table and Partition Indexes to make Database Faster and easier to maintain.
- Experience in DatabaseApplicationDevelopment, Query Optimization, Performance Tuning and DBA solutions and implementation experience in complete SystemDevelopmentLifeCycle .
- Used SQL Server SSIStool to build high performance data integration solutions including extraction, transformation and load packages for datawarehousing. Extracted data from the XML file and loaded it into the database .
- Designed and developed Oracle forms & reports generating up to 60 reports.
- Performed modifications on existing form as per change request and maintained it.
- Used Crystal Reports to track logins, mouse overs, click-through, session durations and demographical comparisons with SQL database of customer information.
- Worked on SQL*Loader to load data from flat files obtained from various facilities every day. Used standard packages like UTL FILE, DMBS SQL, and PL/SQL Collections and used BULK Binding involved in writing database procedures, functions and packages for Front End Module.
- Used principles of Normalization to improve the performance. Involved in ETL code using PL/SQL in order to meet requirements for Extract, transformation, cleansing and loading of data from source to target datastructures.
- Involved in the continuous enhancements and fixing of production problems. Designed, implemented and tuned interfaces and batch jobs using PL/SQL . Involved in data replication and high availability design scenarios with Oracle Streams . Developed UNIXShellscripts to automate repetitive databaseprocesses .
Environment: VB 6, JAVA, Oracle 10g/11g, PL/SQL, SQL*LOADER, Oracle Streams 10g (Replication), SQL PLUS, HTML, SQL Server SSIS, TOAD, XML, HP-UNIX shell scripting.